Roustabout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roustabout Reviews

April 23, 2016
Roustabout is an alright film. It is about Charlie Rogers who is a leather-jacketed biker who's fired from a singing engagement. Elvis Presley and Barbara Stanwyck give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. John Rich did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and music.
May 21, 2015
the king works with the gr8 Barbara stanwyck
May 16, 2015
Honestly better than average- decent acting all around (Barbara Stanwyck being around doesn't hurt), pretty solid song choices, motorcycle accidents, brawling, and Elvis in a leather jacket. What's not to like? (Well, the fairly thin plot and arms length character development for one but again, better than the average....)
December 28, 2014
Bland & formulaic film, if it had had any real hit-songs the Colonel would have thought it a perfect Elvis vehicle. Great to glimpse Barty, Garr, Welch, & Kiel - though I missed spotting McCord. Some of the better performances were by Buttram, Erickson, & Langdon. Stanwyck just seemed to be running her lines, not acting. Highly disappointing they never really gave us a good shot of the Jap bike.
½ August 23, 2014
Elvis is a rebel with a cause, although there's not too much conviction in the 'rebel' character who finds love at the carnival.
March 2, 2006
I recall this movie from my childhood and would be curious to see if I still like it.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
½ May 17, 2007
This is a lame Elvis movie. The story is lame. The music is lame. Elvis rides a motorcycle but it looks like he never rode a bike before. It's sort of based on Elvis's rise to fame in the 1950's. In 1955 a lot of Elvis's early concerts were at State Fair's in the south. Col. Parker who became Elvis's manager started out running carnivals. Some of the sets do remind me of what the Oklahoma State Fair used to look like. You have to look close but Raquel Welch plays a mouthy college girl in the Tea House at the beginning of the movie. The DVD box says she's in the shower too but it doesn't look like her to me. Barbara Stanwyck is the co-star of this movie. She did this movie just before she did the Big Valley TV show. She basically plays the same character except in modern times. Leif Erickson is also in the movie. He was better in the TV show High Chaparral.
½ May 18, 2011
Not one favorites but its okay.
April 22, 2011
dak nu se ia la batae nu rezolva nimic
½ September 5, 2010
I can't recall the plot, but I remember that I kinda liked this movie, it's not great, but it's pretty good.
September 19, 2010
16 movies in Elvis is finally cool even though his songs are the worst. Not bad for an Elvis flick
September 5, 2010
Average Elvis. Notable for Stanwyck. Leonard Maltin says Raquel Welch makes an appearance!?! Might have to go back and look for that.
½ May 24, 2010
Elvis plays a stereotypical bad boy who joins the carnival? Interesting...

Barbara Stanwyck makes the movie somewhat respectable.
April 13, 2010
ELVIS on a bike with a guitar....now who wouldn't wanna see that ??!
November 15, 2009
classic classic...he he he
November 7, 2009
:" I hope you're not a mind-reader because if you are, I?m about to get my face slapped! "
elvis the carny !!!!!
bad boy motorcycle punk with a heart of gold ends up helping a broken down carnival the only way he can ... by singing .
memorable songs are "Poison Ivy League"
"roustabout" "Little Egypt""wheels on my heels"
½ September 1, 2009
Watching this I really had a hard time believing that anyone on this earth holds Elvis in any kind of iconic status. It's discusting how a film as old and innocent as this is clearly all about using the lead as a product. Just as bad as any of the current films starring commercialized teen idols. Seriously, this isn't even a movie, it's a PR gig. I hope my ming deletes all the musical sequences soon enough...
June 4, 2009
I didn't know I had already seen it. But only because I didn't know the title of this film. It was at least memorable. It had some funny parts in it too.