Roustabout Reviews

December 28, 2014
Bland & formulaic film, if it had had any real hit-songs the Colonel would have thought it a perfect Elvis vehicle. Great to glimpse Barty, Garr, Welch, & Kiel - though I missed spotting McCord. Some of the better performances were by Buttram, Erickson, & Langdon. Stanwyck just seemed to be running her lines, not acting. Highly disappointing they never really gave us a good shot of the Jap bike.
½ August 23, 2014
Elvis is a rebel with a cause, although there's not too much conviction in the 'rebel' character who finds love at the carnival.
March 2, 2006
I recall this movie from my childhood and would be curious to see if I still like it.
½ May 17, 2007
This is a lame Elvis movie. The story is lame. The music is lame. Elvis rides a motorcycle but it looks like he never rode a bike before. It's sort of based on Elvis's rise to fame in the 1950's. In 1955 a lot of Elvis's early concerts were at State Fair's in the south. Col. Parker who became Elvis's manager started out running carnivals. Some of the sets do remind me of what the Oklahoma State Fair used to look like. You have to look close but Raquel Welch plays a mouthy college girl in the Tea House at the beginning of the movie. The DVD box says she's in the shower too but it doesn't look like her to me. Barbara Stanwyck is the co-star of this movie. She did this movie just before she did the Big Valley TV show. She basically plays the same character except in modern times. Leif Erickson is also in the movie. He was better in the TV show High Chaparral.
½ May 18, 2011
Not one favorites but its okay.
April 22, 2011
dak nu se ia la batae nu rezolva nimic
½ September 5, 2010
I can't recall the plot, but I remember that I kinda liked this movie, it's not great, but it's pretty good.
April 13, 2010
ELVIS on a bike with a guitar....now who wouldn't wanna see that ??!
November 15, 2009
classic classic...he he he
November 7, 2009
:" I hope you're not a mind-reader because if you are, I?m about to get my face slapped! "
elvis the carny !!!!!
bad boy motorcycle punk with a heart of gold ends up helping a broken down carnival the only way he can ... by singing .
memorable songs are "Poison Ivy League"
"roustabout" "Little Egypt""wheels on my heels"
March 8, 2009
Favorite Elvis movie
February 14, 2009
The greatset Elvis movie where Barbara plays a Milf
½ January 8, 2009
Really cute! Cant help but like it because of the heart-throb Elvis!!!
½ April 12, 2008
Pretty good- nice happy ending, good songs and the divine Barbara Stanwyck looking great as an older woman
November 21, 2008
Typical musical vehicle for Elvis. Look for Teri Garr as a dancer in this and several other Elvis movies
November 20, 2006
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING
July 1, 2008
One of the better Elvis programmers, with a stronger than usual soundtrack featuring "Little Egypt" and the affecting "Big Love, Big Heartache."
April 21, 2008
Eek! An Elvis Presley movie that I must never watch!!!
March 17, 2008
Elvis was everything in my growing up years. Seamed like he was growing with us at different stages of our lives.
February 17, 2008
It's Elvis...he's great in everything.