Roxanne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Roxanne Reviews

½ September 28, 2009
Steve Martin is hilarious. I still enjoy the epic nose jokes and him tricking the little old ladies into saying dirty things.
September 20, 2015
One of Steve Martin's best roles, as well as one of his best films... great performances by all involved.
½ August 30, 2012
- A decent fluff movie. I like Steve Martin and he's pretty good in it. The movie isn't anything super special but it's an easy watch. Check it out.

- Hadn't seen this one before. It was amusing and a nice easy watch, if you like or at least can tolerate Steve Martin. Give it a try!
June 18, 2012
Being a romantic comedy. I liked Roxanne but I didnt love it. It had fun moments and scenes in it but that didnt help my cause. Steve Martin is good, but you wont miss much not watching Roxanne.
April 9, 2015
Saaaaapppppy comedy but one of the best Martin ever made.
September 5, 2013
Martin's rom-com is spirited with hilarity while being wonderful and kind-hearted. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ January 25, 2015
Really enjoyed Steve Martin's performance and the sights filmed in Nelson, B.C. One of the best romantic comedies out there.
½ October 31, 2014
although sappy and extremely predictable there's something about martin's character that makes this piece stand out amongst the rom-com genre...
September 8, 2014
Adaptation moderne et comique de Cyrano de Bergerac par Steve Martin et Fred Schepisi, Roxanne est une comédie parfois touchante, souvent drôle, avec une galerie de personnages hauts en couleurs et des performances d'acteur plutôt réjouissantes. En effet, Steve Martin (dont le nez absurdement long se fait très vite oublier) et Rick Rossovich ont une très bonne alchimie, pareil pour Martin et Daryl Hannah. Pourtant, Roxanne souffre d'un ventre mou à la limite du rédhibitoire, avec des longueurs terribles quand il s'agit de faire avancer l'intrigue et donc d'arrêter les scènes à but comique. C'est dommage car quelques passages sont dantesques.
August 4, 2014
Roxanne is undoubtedly cheesy, but Steve Martin's script has some very witty lines and it deviates from the typical romantic comedy just enough to be called original.
April 14, 2014
One of my favorite rom-coms, mainly because it's equal parts romantic and funny.
½ April 3, 2014
As a comedy, it's not very funny, but as a romantic film it's pretty endearing.
August 15, 2013
Silly and fun. A wonderful romantic comedy.
June 20, 2013
I own this on DVD in a three movie pack along with:
* L.A. Story (1991)
* Mixed Nuts (1994)
December 15, 2013
With this film, Steve Martin became a king of the romantic comedy, not only as a leading man but also as screenwriter. In this film, in fact, he adapts a play that was itself inspired by the Cyrano of Bergerac, where the big nosed leading character is too embarrassed to show his feelings and uses his words to conquer the one he loves. A charming and heart warming romantic setting. The film in fact can be wonderful on an emotional level but is also genuinely funny - there is one scene in particular where he unleashes a joke about his big nose one after the other that has become particularly well known, while the firefighters in the movie recall the slapstick antics of the Keystone Cops.
November 15, 2013
Brilliant acting ( Steve Martin! , Rick Rossovich), very witty, well done, even though story is very simple, yet all the set, characters, dialogs make it a very cool film.
October 24, 2008
Why do I care? I can't think of a reason. All I was impressed by was that Martin adapted Cyrano de Bergerac, much less finished it. By no means attrocious if uninteresting.
December 3, 2011
This one cracks me up. Comedy gold.
½ July 4, 2013
A clever and funny modern take on the story of Cyrano de Bergerac. A great performance by Steve Martin. Just a good old silly/corny romantic comedy from the 80's.
June 5, 2013