Rudy

Rudy Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

August 27, 2011
Rudy is a well made and acted true story about Rudy Ruettiger a down on his luck student who dreams about going to Notre Dame University and playing for the Universities football team, The Fighting Irish. Unfortunately the odds are against him, and there's nothing but bad luck for Rudy. But he perseveres to make his dreams a reality. Rudy is a well made film, but I saw so many films that followed the same path, that when I finally got around to watching Rudy, it seemed clichéd almost. However, what separates this film from the rest of real life "feel good movies" is that it surrounds a kid who beat all odds to attend Notre Dame, and there was some great acting here to boot. If you've seen some "feel good inspiring films" before, then you've seen Rudy, but for what it is, I felt that this story was better written and better told on screen than other films of this caliber. That's the difference from most "feel good" films. Sean Astin gives a terrific performance, and this one of his best roles. In Lord of the Rings, he was terrific, but slightly annoying. However in Rudy, Astin delivers a great, memorable performance. Rudy is a terrific film and though it's a "feel good" film, it manages to actually make you feel, despite its small imperfections. This is a terrific film about not giving up, and watching Rudy not let anything stand in his way is memorable.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 12, 2011
Rudy is not just a tale of a brave and determined, its the most inspiring movie in film history, and the greatest sports film ever made. Rudy Ruttiger (Sean Astin) has had a long dream of playing football at Notre Dame, but everybody has always told him he couldn't do it, but ehen his best friend dies he decides to finally live his dream. The plot of this movie was genius, it took us through this real life story and was beautiful, and I will never forget Rudy Ruttiger. The cast was incredible, Sean Astin plays a Oscar worthy performance and has some of the most beautiful moments in film history. The score of this movie was perhaps the great film score in movie history, ever since I was young I have loved this music, and I csn honestly say this is about my #2 favorite film music ever. Rudy is too amazing to describe, and it is honestly (in my opinion) the greatest sports film in history.
erika250
erika250

June 29, 2011
Rudy is about a guy who wanted to play football for the Notre Dame football team. When growing up people said that he does not have want it takes to get into Notre dame. One day he decides that he would not let people push him around any more. Then he begins on a hard journey to make his dream some true. Will he make his dream come true or will he fail big time.
Pros
Good acting and plot.
Really moving film.
Based on a true story.
If u wants a good drama you should give this a try.
James A

July 19, 2010
A cheesy feel good movie about a guy who later acts like a dick to local towns folk for his accomplishments made in the movie.
Dan S

November 28, 2008
One of the best sports movies ever made. Meant to review this a while ago. Yes, its typical, yes, it may be boring at times to some, but this is the perfect sports movie due to a character you really believe in, and a setting and group of characters who make sense. Sean Astin delivers a powerful, spirited performance that really makes you believe in Rudy. The ending scene, no matter if you like football, Astin, Notre Dame, whatever, should have you up on your feet. An absolute triumph.
Mark H

June 12, 2008
Uplifting football drama. First "Hoosiers", now this? David Anspaugh knows how to inspire his audience.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 3, 2008
"American" classic, the football version of Hoosiers, underdog victorious.
Lafe F

July 2, 2007
A story of determination, as an unlikely student named "Rudy" will keep pushing to play for Notre Dame college football. You just know he's going to win.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 22, 2007
classic sports flick. made me want to go to notre dame
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
Willis T

October 23, 2011
A little long, but Sean Astin really does make his performance convincing and passionate, with all his charm.. The Movie really is a wonderful sports drama.
PantaOz
PantaOz

February 7, 2011
Interesting and uplifting story of a young man who won't let anything stopping him in realizing his ambitions... Yes, it was based on a true story about Rudy Ruettiger (Sean Astin) who dreamed of attending Notre Dame University, and playing on the Fighting Irish football team.

Even when Rudy's dream doesn't seem very practical, with the help of priest Cavanaugh (Robert Prosky), Rudy is admitted to nearby Holy Cross, and in his junior year manages to squeak into Notre Dame as a transfer student. Rudy works as an assistant to the football stadium's groundskeeper, Fortune (Charles S. Dutton), to pay his tuition (often sleeping in Fortune's office since he can't afford a room), studies diligently, and appears at tryouts for the football team.

Almost every sports story is like this one... That doesn't mean that is bad... no, it is well made film, but without uniqueness... just a good workmanship!
Matt F

January 25, 2008
best sports movie ever (besides rocky).
Jackson W

June 4, 2011
Just a great sports movie. Rudy tries everything to play for Notre Dame despite every naysayer in his path, even the college itself. And he gets to. Sean Astin gives a winning performance and everything else is honest. It's probably Hollywood-ized in a lot of ways, but for me its a classic.
lesleyanorton
lesleyanorton

February 13, 2011
Sweet film about a bloke who wants to go to Notre Dame college and play football, even though he's dyslexic, short, rubbish at sport and everyone, but everyone tells him he can't.
Its nice to see a film where the rather unglamorous central message is persistence pays off.
Joseph E

April 11, 2007
So Emotional. So Heartfelt. So Endearing.
An Underdog film filled wit mnay underdog performances.
It's just a modest, and heartwrenchingly funny, saddenning,and oftenly touching somewhat-sports film.
ashley h

June 22, 2007
I love true underdog movies.
William G

November 23, 2006
I have a personal thing against this movie. It's a long story...
Ian I

January 16, 2013
Rudy inspires us all to try to chase after our dreams and do what we want. It inspires to try harder and get back up after a fall. Most of all it inspires us football players to try harder and it shows that size isn't everything. I personally think this is the best football movie out there. It has emotion, and very cool passion for football. The acting is great. Sean Astin is perfect for the role of Rudy and everyone else does a great job in their parts too. Charles S. Dutton, Ned Beatty, John Favreau (in his first film role) are pretty standout in their performances as well. I also think that any Notre Dame football player or fan should see this movie.
Nate H

July 16, 2008
I suppose this is a classic.