—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Run Lola Run (Lola rennt) Reviews

December 27, 2013
Great movie, fast paced, will surely get you scotched to the screen. Think of butterfly effect and groundhog day and you will get an idea.
December 15, 2013
This adrenaline filled frenetic existential thriller about a girl that has to locate a bag containing 100,000 marks in twenty minutes has a lot going for its style but little new in storytelling, that can be dauntingly repetitive. The film has an incredible technical value that makes up for the lack of other things, such as true emotional connection. Run Lola Run is able to build up a great atmosphere of a Berlin backed by a techno soundtrack to keep up the frantic rhythm.
November 30, 2013
Run Lola Run is definitely fun ! An interesting take on a series of what-if's situations .
November 19, 2013
Captivating. Thrilling. Funny. And quirky quirky quirky....
June 13, 2012
Run Lola Run is a very exciting and phenomenal movie. It presents three separate stories about how this girl Lola attempts to save her boyfriend from death by somehow getting twenty thousand dollars. Its unclear as to what story is true and to me, what universe this is actually in as it seems to capture you for a short period of time. We immediatly are routing for Lola to win and get the money she needs, despite not even knowing her, as her great speed and effort to get what she wants in very desperate circumstances impresses us. We feel as if we are running along side her. We are invested in her and what she's trying to achieve. Just the way she begins running through the city to get the money creates suspense. The movie is very unpredictable as you never know what will happen next. It keeps you wanting to see what will happen. Even if you don't exactly like the movie it still makes you want to continue to watch. Even if you don't care at all about the characters, plot or anything thats going on, you still want to continue. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but as it kept building suspense I grew to love this movie, as she just kept running and running and running.
July 6, 2011
Arguably a case of style over substance but definitely with enough to say to balance it out, Run Lola Run is a well-stylised, kinetic and entertaining film.
Luc L.
October 19, 2013
Unique style, intense and gripping.
October 17, 2013
A lightning paced suspense story surrounded with "what if" based circumstances that are both thought provoking and incredibly entertaining.
Sarah E.
September 28, 2013
Artistic, energetic, an intelligent film that shakes up the idea of what a film can be.
June 12, 2012
The Film Starts From High Point and It's Going Down Until The Most Week Down By It's End.
Joey S

September 7, 2013
One of the more unique movies I've seen in a long time, Run Lola Run is a fast-paced action thriller that is fueled by originality and nonstop fun. To explain the concept would be to ruin much of the fun of the movie, but it's a surprisingly simple idea that is taken in a very stylized and inventive direction. Run Lola Run is perfectly comfortable taking on the guise of a shallow but fun action movie, but in reality it's smart, thrilling, and all around superior to other similarly high-octane movies. Watch it knowing as little as possible about the plot, and you're likely to enjoy it as much as I did.
swazmo
August 28, 2013
Una historia muy bien contada, unos colores muy bien elegidos, sonido espectacular, todo fue hecho con alto sentido de la estética y buen gusto.
October 15, 2007
i dont know why everyone likes this so much, it didnt really like it (although i did watch the nasty fullscreen version)
July 10, 2007
An inventive, trippy and thoroughly enjoyable foreign film.
Harry F.
July 25, 2013
Lola (Franka Potente, making an astonishing breakthrough) has got a problem: her boyfriend Manni (Moritz Bleibtreu) has just lost 100,000 marks of drug money, and will be killed in 20 minutes if he doesn't get it back. From there, Lola starts a journey in which she bumps into an aggressive mother, causes a car accident, is told some damning news by her father and causes havoc with a gun. When she fails her objective, she refuses to be defeated, and the film rewinds right back to the start, for her to try again.
Clearly influenced by films like Pulp Fiction and Trainspotting, and having an influence on the films of Edgar Wright, German director Tom Tykwer's 1998 thriller Run Lola Run is quite simply one of the most exciting, fast paced and imaginative thrillers of the nineties. From the opening animated title sequence, the long tracking shots of Lola's journey and the original flourishes (photo sequences show us the probable future of various characters Lola bumps into), Run Lola Run feels like it can't allow itself to slow down, and it practically never does. The camerawork is some of the finest you'll see, twisting, flying and practically gliding down the beautifully shot streets of Germany. Though there are a few grainy, handheld style shots which do jar when contrasted with the fantastic cinematography of Lola's scenes, the rest of the film is just gorgeous to look at, and when you discover the film was made for under $2 million, it's astounding to see what you can do when you have infinite talent, infinite creativity and infinite energy.
While it is fair to say occasionally the running sequences do last too long and lose some of their energy, by the third go at success, you'll be on your seat. Director Tykwer knows how to make a dumb, fun thriller but he does manage to keep in a sense of the arthouse. What other action film features a character die and then flash to a long and cryptic bedroom conversation about love and death? Meanwhile, the use of the "try again" multiple versions of the same plot gives Tykwer the excuse to both have his cake and eat it; he's allowed to make a dark, complex indie flick with depressing outcomes and beloved character deaths, and still allow us to punch the air and cheer by the end, in which the puzzle perfectly falls into place and offers one of the most enjoyable final scenes of all time. All of these devices would be nothing without its titular star, but as the crimson haired, incredibly put-upon heroine of the piece, Franka Potente is brilliant. Later to be seen in The Bourne Identity, here she gives a performance that hits just about every note you could want her to hit; she's calm and intelligent when consoling Manni; completely despairing when her world begins to crash down; charming and loveable in the quieter, more romantic scenes; and simply a sheer badass when she takes matters into her own hands. Action cinema needs more kick-ass female leads like Potente in Run Lola Run, and she ranks right up there with Ellen Ripley and The Bride as one of the finest heroines in cinema.
With ultra kinetic visuals, a blackly comic and often very sad script, plenty of top notch action and a pitch perfect leading performance from Potente, Run Lola Run is one of the most insane thrill rides in all of action cinema, and fifteen years on from its original release, it's still as exciting, imaginative as influential as ever.
August 2, 2008
Simple plot with a brilliant art direction and execution. What a joyride.
July 19, 2013
By the time the third timeline started, I sighed because I was so ready for the movie to be over at that point. It does a lot of cool stuff, but it's just not a very enjoyable movie to watch.

I just didn't like the Lola character too much and didn't care enough about either of the two main characters to see what would happen to them in the end.
R. Jayakrishnan
July 14, 2013
92%
Watched this on 13/07/2013
Run Lola Run is more quick than most of the thrillers around. I like most of the Tom Twyker films that I have seen. This film is great because of it's unique way of storytelling, good acting and music, also the direction. This film may not be as emotional as Tom Twyker's Perfume: The story of a Murderer(2006), but I liked this as much as Cloud Atlas. This film also has a healthy 1 hr 15 minutes running time. This is like a blessing to me after seeing films like Godfather which ran for over 3 hours.
July 10, 2013
The director that brings you cloud atlas