Rush

Rush

89%

Looks great

this is probably the only time I would actually watch anything related to car racing.
Brendan Sullivan
09-25-2013 06:54 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Joe Green

Joe Green

Terrific flick, nothing like previous racing movies. Aside from all the fabulous old F1 cars, terrific, nuanced character development. And maybe this is why Ron Howard had to escape Hollywood and go to Britain to have it made - there is no cliche ridden, formulaic ending where the winner takes all. They are both winners, they both got what they needed out of the sport, they had a grudging respect for one another. Two different survival strategies, both valid. I think some Americans will struggle with that concept. When I see Niki Lauda on TV this weekend at the Japanese GP, it will be with newfound respect.

Oct 10 - 08:16 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

I enjoyed the contrast between the two characters, on and off the track. They both looked like the men they portrayed as well. Good flick.

Oct 3 - 10:47 PM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

It is. The film, on a purely technical level, is gorgeous. That's not counting the excellent performances from Hemsworth and more specifically Bruhl, and Howard's superb direction.

Sep 29 - 03:15 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

great. I'll probably see it next week. Nothing that looks good comes out next week.

Sep 29 - 05:29 PM

Nicholas Moody

Nicholas Moody

Gravity comes out next week

Sep 29 - 06:58 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I'll pass. Rather see this

Sep 29 - 07:48 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

Then you'll be missing out on one of the best movies of the decade.

Oct 1 - 06:04 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

that's the most ignorant statement

Oct 2 - 12:59 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

I saw the movie, and yes it is one of the best movies (if not the best so far) of the 2010s decade.

Oct 4 - 08:43 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

it was good, but to say best movie of the decade is so ignorant and stupid. It wasn't even the best on the year. Way over hyped and way overrated.

Oct 7 - 11:11 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

So you think Days of Thunder is bad?

Sep 28 - 02:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

did I say that. I never seen that movie. I was talking about racing in real life. Please fuck off. Dumbass.

Sep 28 - 08:13 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

It sounded like you were talking about movies, Days of Thunder is a racing movie, therefore by your statement I could logically assume you thought it was bad.

Also, I laugh every time you call me a dumbass considering you're one yourself.

Sep 29 - 07:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

logic was not in that assumption at all.

Sep 29 - 07:51 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

no comment? Your losing your touch

Sep 30 - 07:51 AM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

It's a logical assumption that if this is one of the only time you'd watch something about racing that you thought Days of Thunder was not worth your time.

Oct 1 - 06:06 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

um...no because "this is probably the only time I would actually watch anything related to car racing". This means I don't watch movie that have to do with racing if you want to go that rout. That means I haven't seen Days of thunder. This means I therefore I can't rate that movie and I won't have seen that movie. Do you get it now?

Oct 2 - 07:44 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

So your point of that last quote is the fact that we're both dumbasses. Congrats. Also, "Most of our assumptions have outlived their uselessness"

Sep 29 - 07:50 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

For the record, I stopped commenting because I stopped caring about correcting you and your idiotic ways.

Oct 1 - 06:06 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

said the guy who can't even read a comprehend something. Also...great grammar by the way *For the record;

Oct 2 - 01:00 PM

Boul R.

Boul Rantantan

I loved Prisoners. You can`t compare those movies. I am not a racing fan and loved Rush. Afterwards i even watched the Hunt vs. Lauda Documentary (BBC) on Youtube. Don`t watch it before...well because of spoilers obviously.

Sep 28 - 06:10 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I never compared them. I loved prisoners and this looks not as good but still good.

Sep 28 - 08:13 PM

Boul R.

Boul Rantantan

Laughs...nobody said you compared...i was generally speaking.Go watch it on the big screen, it`s made for that. :)

Sep 29 - 04:15 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

why talk about prisoners then?

Sep 29 - 06:11 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

It was really great. It actually got me into the sport.

Sep 27 - 04:39 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I doubt it will get me into it either. NASCAR and racing is just too damn boring. Is it better than Prisoners? because that was awesome.

Sep 28 - 12:31 AM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

No Prisoners is still better, probably the best movie of the year, but Rush is still really captivating. You definitely need to see it.

Sep 28 - 01:22 PM

All-Knowing Panda

Trading Card Panda

I'd disagree it's a whole lot better than Prisoners, but I wasn't a huge fan (I still thought it was good).

Sep 28 - 02:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

cool. I did love prisoners. Very, very good. The ending pissed me off and loved that fact.

Sep 28 - 08:14 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

Yeah me too. But it was best way to end the movie. Loved it.

Sep 28 - 09:57 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I think it would have been even better if they would have pulled the thing open and right when they did then it said "Prisoners"

Sep 29 - 05:30 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

That would have been cool.

Sep 30 - 11:43 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I actually hope they make a second one, but I don't know how they'll do that. It might turn into a movie like taken 2 and no one wants that

Sep 30 - 12:03 PM

williamstormer95

William Costigan

Yeah those kind of movies are hard to make sequels to.

Sep 30 - 09:24 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Yeah, taken 2 was just bad. Just bad

Oct 1 - 08:57 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile