Rush Hour 3 Takes '07 DVD Rental Crown

Summary

It may not have been quite the box-office phenomenon that its predecessors were -- and critics may have disliked it enough to keep it down at 20 percent on the Tomatometer -- but that didn't stop Rush Hour 3 from emerging as the top DVD rental of 2007. Back to Article

Comments

JpPrewitt789

joe fish

What.....

Mar 4 - 05:34 AM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

I can't possibly see how anyone wouldn't have already known this. EVERYTIME I go into Wal-Mart's movie section I see someone buying Rush Hour 3. And I'm not exhagerating at all. That and Norbit are the only movies that I ever see people buying a lot of.

Mar 4 - 05:40 AM

iggybumtastic

Alan Horne

Rush Hour 3 was a great laugh, not to be taken seriously. Good film and efinately worthy of being up there. Although i'm not sure it should be number 1. Now hoe the likes of The Heartbreak Kid made the top 10 is another question???

If you want to talk moves go to itsfilmtastic.co.uk

Mar 4 - 06:04 AM

dahluzz

joe shmo

what's with you and "tastic" stuff? it's frickin lame. not mention how annoying it is for you to be plugging another film site while on RT. why don't YOU go talk movies (or "moves" as you put it) over there, we'll stay here thanks.

Mar 4 - 06:31 AM

dahluzz

joe shmo

Mar 4 - 06:31 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

This list makes little to no sense. There's got to be a lot of factors in play here like number of copies rental stores buy, which ones are on the discount racks, etc etc. I think I could video my ***, put it in a discount bin and people would buy it.

Mar 4 - 06:47 AM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

You right, there are alot of factors to consider, like how alot of the ones on this list SOLD great which is why they didn't RENT better. People went out and bought 300, Casino Royale, etc. rather than rent.

Mar 4 - 06:55 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

Actually I think this is just rentals, so it's more likely a factor of number of copies rental places have, and people renting movies that they didn't see in the theater. Still, strange list.

Mar 4 - 06:49 AM

TombstoneLawDog

Daniel Klein

RH 1, while not particularly a 'good' movie, was still a fresh and amusing spin on the odd-couple action comedy. Jackie Chan is generally likable and Chris Tucker was pretty funny.

RH 2 was a retread of 1, but it had some energy left

RH 3 was so friggin' bad..

HOW BAD WAS IT?

[So Bad that..] when I originally saw X-Men 3 (Brett Ratner's previous directorial effort) in theaters, I was at least excited by the visuals and thought the story hung together well enough for me to like the movie. RH 3 was such a piss-poor, sh#tty effort completely devoid of life or skill that I RETROACTIVELY now HATE X-Men 3-- All the things in X3 that bothered me that I gave a pass to in the theater I now see as Ratner being lazy or sloppy.

So 'yes' I am greatly dismayed by this movie doing this well. Let's hear it for Unapologetic Mediocrity.

Mar 4 - 06:51 AM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

Mar 4 - 06:55 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Really RUSH HOUR 3?....really?

Mar 4 - 09:08 AM

Prog5000

David Prior

Where can I view previous years tallies?

Mar 4 - 11:27 AM

Prog5000

David Prior

Where can I view previous years tallies?

Mar 4 - 11:28 AM

tomwaitsjrHAPPYICONOCLAST

Greg Guro

Rush Hour 3 is rented by drunk people/drugged people who black out and keep renting it over and over again because they don't remember seeing it.

And Ratner mud wrestles nude with Andy Dick.

Mar 4 - 12:06 PM

nogard46

joe smith

sniff.....sniff.... whats that I smell? A Rush Hour 4?????

Mar 4 - 12:07 PM

samlane

sam lane

Can anyone explain to me how this lists works? I mean how do they determine how much these movies made on rentals? Do they just do it in a particular time frame? Because obviously you can still rent all of these movies.

Mar 4 - 12:38 PM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

The video market businesses such as Blockbuster, Wal-mart, FYI, Sam Goodie, etc. all recieve polling information and statistics like this on a quarterly time frame from an independent reaserch firm. It's actually a magazine that lists this information and inside information on when they can begin purchasing and ordering movies for rent and sale.

Mar 4 - 01:18 PM

samlane

sam lane

Yeah i figured it was something like this. I work at a movie theatre and Nielsen EDI calls us everynight for the days grosses. But what timeframe do they use to determine that Rush Hour 3 made 71.2 mil on rentals. Is it just while it is out as a "new release" or the quarter that it was realeased in or do they just release these reports at certains times and the timeframe is determined by this......or what?

Mar 4 - 09:11 PM

nickb1016

Nick Bernardino

well i think movies that underwhelmed at the box office are on top because people would rather rent it than go see it. Like Rush Hour 3...fans of the first two wanted to know what happens but just not enough to see it in theatres. Same with the Kingdom and Heartbreak kid

Mar 4 - 12:52 PM

xenogears

J'rome Holmes II

Mar 4 - 01:18 PM

samlane

sam lane

Mar 4 - 09:11 PM

Shatter24

Jeremiah Rancourt

Rush Hour 3 was a big disappointment. Jackie Chan's good guy image/always doing the right thing, is getting real old. Chris Tucker hasn't appeared in a movie since Rush Hour 3, and he looks tired and only half-heartedly tries in this film. The stunts are way over the top, the acting and jokes are subpar, and the story is a bit confusing. What a drop off in the series. I actually liked the first two, but can not justify the third one.

Mar 4 - 01:44 PM

ck100

Chris Kubat

Just look at the cover of the DVD for "Rush Hour 3" and you can see how bored and tired Chan and Tucker are of the series. If you look at the covers of the other movies they were smiling and looking like they're having fun.

Mar 4 - 02:35 PM

Mister_Prophet

Will Massaro

God I love black people. Making white people scratch their heads since colonial times.

Mar 4 - 02:52 PM

Wayward Sean

Sean Gebhart

I know you probably didn't mean it to, but that couldn't have come out sounding more racist, Mister_Prophet.

It's a little odd that the movies that did the best at the box office were further down on this list. I guess everyone saw them in theatres, and didn't want to rent them after that.

Mar 4 - 03:46 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday