Russkies Reviews

½ August 5, 2014

-No Wimps-

"It's American imperialism that threatens world peace."-Meischa (Whip Hubley)

"It taste like America."-Mischa
July 27, 2013
Cute, enjoyable movie reminiscent of The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming from the 60s and other kids get together to save the day 80s movies such as Goonies, E.T., and Explorers (which featured River Phoenix). Pure, wholesome entertainment with a great message of Glasnost.
September 6, 2012
it was a cute movie. i remember it from when i was a kid :)
August 23, 2011
Funny things about this movie: The title means "Russian Russians" in Russian; Joaquin Phoenix's acting as a child was unbearable to watch; Whip Hubley's attempt at a Russian accent is annoying to have to sit through; and if you blink, you just might miss a few stereotypes.
½ March 6, 2011
This has quite an interesting cast (Leaf Phoenix and Peter Billingsley) but the amateur performances don't make this movie work.
February 27, 2011
Totally nostalgic for me. Love this movie. And this has little Joaquin Phoenix in it (back when he called himself Leaf Phoenix). Great drama and comedy.
November 7, 2006
I loved this movie when I was a kid. Was one of those adventure movies that any kid would have liked to go on. About a group of kids who live on a American army base. They discover a washed up Russian soldier on the beach. The befriend him and hide him. This of course has international incident written all over it since this was during the cold war. This was a solid film. I still enjoy it. A very young Joaquin Phoenix stars in this. The story is still fun even though the story is kind of dated now. But still worth a watch.
February 8, 2010
It's a good time overall. I especially liked the jetpack scenes and the excessive use of Rube Goldberg devices.
June 20, 2008
Have not seen this one..would like to.
May 22, 2007
cool movie if i remember correctly... stars a very young joaquin phoenix...
½ May 16, 2007
Classic 80's movie as a kid. Saw it about 7 years ago and I realized how goofy it was.
April 28, 2007
I loved this movie when I was in high school. And wow! Joaquin is in it!
½ January 22, 2007
I thought it was good.
½ January 11, 2007
Great 80's Movie for Kids...When Joaquin was Leaf
December 24, 2006
I thort it was quite good! And i new i recognised th kid from somewhere! thn i realised it was joaquin! wooot! heehee
November 28, 2006
GPD Kids' flick. I did enjoy this one when I was growing up. I wonder what my reaction to the film would be now? Perhaps I should try to find it and watch it again... ya never know.
½ November 14, 2006
it was really stereotypical and the language was pretty strong considering the kids were so young
October 21, 2006
Hmmm seems like im the only one who really loved this film.