Rx - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rx Reviews

January 6, 2013
Flippin awesome, so dynamic. Shows just how fast life can change, and to enjoy it to the most but not to make such stupid mistakes
½ December 8, 2010
starring Eric Balfour, Colin Hanks & some chick (Lauren German) I never heard of nor really care other than she plays The GF to Eric Balfour?s character Andrew & Colin Hanks? ?Johnny?. Andrew is in need of money so while the trio go to Mexico for a party, before the party Johnny ?helps? Andrew out by taking him to a friend to buy drugs so he can sell them. When on the way home they start paying for what they procured. The opening shot is a beautiful picturesque landscape with them all dancing around. It must be along time since I last saw Colin Hanks His face looks bloated. If it didn?t have his name on the box it might have taken me a bit to figure out it was him. The story a familiar, one being somewhat predictable if not all out, tho The acting was actually good. For those that like the old cars.. There?s a Chevy Corvair Convertible in here. I?d give it a C-
½ January 12, 2009
I thought this was well done, but too depressing and sad. I know that's the point, but after a while the entertainment value deteriorates because it's a little too sad. All of the lead characters were great, but Colin Hanks should've stuck around a little longer... I thought he was excellent in this.
January 1, 2008
The film was better than expected. The main story is easy to get into and u most def want to follow til the end. Worth the watch.
½ November 15, 2007
The first 30 or so minutes were rather predictable, it's a film about smuggling drugs so someone has to OD on said drugs. After that it got more interesting and unexpected. Alan Tudyk was great. Towards the end some parts were easily predicted while others were genuine surprises. But man talk about a bleak movie it just all about how a few wrong decisions screw up not only your life but the lives of those around you. No one comes out a winner in the end not the bad ones, not the oblivious ones, not even the ones with good intentions.
February 9, 2007
Not a bad movie..three friends traveling to Mexico for all the wrong reasons. While they are there....they get into alot of trouble w/a drug dealer...Eric Balfour (Texas Chainsaw) is so damn HOT in this. Worth the DVD rental.
January 20, 2013
Absolutely insane, in a good way.
January 6, 2013
½ October 30, 2012
Colin Hanks continue to impress but deserves better than this low budget waste.
½ October 14, 2012
other then Lauren German being in this, I probably would have fallen asleep.
June 14, 2012
pretty good movie, kinda sad ending
November 20, 2011
Heartbreaking drama about three friends who decide to go on a road trip to Mexico, when their journey takes a turn for the worst.
½ December 8, 2010
½ February 4, 2009
This one was disappointing. I should have known what it was about just by the title. Eric Balfour does a wonderful job as Andrew, but I don't like seeing my favorite actors in roles like this.
April 21, 2007
A film I really want to see.
½ November 9, 2009
A waste of space on my DVD shelf.
July 21, 2009
An intriguing and interesting film, Rx (or Simple Lies) tells the tale of 3 friends (played by Colin Hanks, Lauren German and Eric Balfour) who take a trip accross the Mexican border to procure prescription drugs to smuggle home.

The performances are all especially strong, particularly Eric Balfour as the humanly flawed protagonist Andrew. All the leads are likeable and relatable, thus the reason why Rx works so very well. Predominantly a drama, Rx also delves into thriller terrain at times, and the result is a confronting and sometimes surprising film.

Aimed towards young people, the only problem with Rx is that at 80 minutes, it doesn't flesh out a lot of the potential story that is could.

Rx is a likeable and thoroughly engaging film, one of the better modren dramas.
June 18, 2009
Crazy movie!!Lovie it!!
½ April 19, 2009
Okay, at best. A simple movie about what can go wrong when you're trying to smuggle drugs across the Mexico/US border.
Alan Tudyk and his gay German partner were the best part.