Safe House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Safe House Reviews

December 2, 2014
Just an action film to pass the time. Nothing more.
November 30, 2014
Fine action movie , smart one ...Denzel great again ! Fun to see ...SOMDVD
½ October 10, 2014
Tobin Frost: "I'm already in your head".

Safe House is about a house under the protection of the CIA becomes a target and it is up to the facility's house sitter to extract the criminal in hiding and take him to a secure location.

Let me start off with the goods: Denzel Washington in this movie nails it as the smart guy who will mess with you mind no matter what. I feel really sorry for Ryan Reynolds for being in movies that mostly bomb at the box office or him getting slammed by critics, but in this film he did a good job, but his character in the movie was really boring. Played the normal boring guy that the movie wants us to care about but you don't. Some of the action scenes where really well done, but some of the action scenes where shot poorly.

Now for the bad: The character's in the film are mostly bland or really dull to watch, but Denzel character was the only one that was interesting in the movie. As I said before about some of the action scenes. It was like they give a monkey a camera and let it shot some of the action scenes. The trailer to the movie give away so much of the movie that predict every scene that was going to happen.

Overall Safe House is a mediocre, forgettable movie with good performance in it.
½ September 29, 2014
Great action movie and really interesting plot. Wouldn't expect less of Denzel Washington
½ September 29, 2014
It reminds me of some Bourne like chase scenes all throughout. Though I think of this one as one dark drama thriller that never gives the whole satisfactory of a thrilling pleasure. There are a lot of plot holes and story wise it's a bit of a cliche. The presentation is nice, but then it is easily forgettable as boredom is killing the plot itself.
September 24, 2014
I almost turned this off because I was bored and confused, but I forced myself to watch it anyway. It was alright, I enjoyed the twist in the end.
September 24, 2014
Starts off promisingly enough and Washington is as watchable as ever, but doesn't really go anywhere, and the surprise bad guy is so easy to spot they might as well have had them with a sign saying "LOOK AT ME! I"M EVIL!"
½ September 22, 2014
It has an interesting direction of photography, Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds are very good in their roles, but it's very predictable and reminiscent of Tony Scott's directing style.
September 6, 2014
Can't deny that I got some enjoyment out of this but it perfectly sums up what is wrong with modern action movies, shaky camera and quick editing just make it way less enjoyable. Besides that the script is rather thin however it also has a good cast, the action that isn't overloaded with shaky cam and quick edits is good and the plot is somewhat decently played out. Overall though very average but somewhat watchable.
½ May 5, 2012
Very average film with the usual poor performance from Ryan Reynolds. Denzel Washington is able to make this film watchable to the end, but it's still not very good.
½ September 2, 2014
Very good movie. Fast paced and entertaining.
½ August 31, 2014
A great action thriller. Denzel is always fun to watch as a bad ass. A poor man's Bourne.
½ July 25, 2012
It is always good to see Denzel play a bad ass roll; he pulls it off so well. There are some intense scenes that make it a good watch for any action or thriller fan.
July 17, 2014
Ludicrous and loud, fun and entertaining.
½ August 8, 2013
Yet another derivative action flick from Denzel.
July 1, 2014
This movie adds absolutely nothing to the action movie realm. Weak story and too many and mediocre fighting scenes. Not smart, nor exciting, nor funny.
½ June 26, 2014
Great action flick. Had me holding my breath with suspense often.
June 22, 2014
Good action/thriller film.
Ryan and Denzel work well together.
June 17, 2014
Not far from the realistic world of the dark side...
June 17, 2014
Not far from the realistic world of the dark side...