Safety Not Guaranteed Reviews

August 23, 2015
A brilliant movie filled with equally brilliant performances. One great example of how a time travel movie should be made. Perfect in every way. Plaza's performance is excellent. The plot It may seem simple, but that's where It's strength comes from. It's not about making a big complicated time travel movie for the sake of it. It's about the characters and their feelings and how the choose to live. Because ultimately this film is about making choices and living with them. But most importantly, about living life.
August 13, 2015
This film must have been amazing since the director went on to direct Jurassic World.
August 11, 2015
Safety Not Guaranteed is a heartwarming movie worth 5 stars. Not very predictable, very good quality. Aubrey Plaza did an outstanding job, as always. This was (I'm pretty sure) the only time I've seen Mark Duplass in a movie, and he was a great actor also. I am glad that I watched it. The ending is kind of a Doctor Who-ish ending (which is a major plus to me.) I'm very impressed at this movie.
July 26, 2015
Curiosa obra indie que sin duda destaca por lo original de su propuesta, y que luego se deja llevar por los clichés del cine independiente: chica con gustos extraños y oscuro pasado, chico aun más extraño y con aun más perturbado pasado, diálogos sesudos, personajes que se plantean su vida y el pardillo de turno que se convierte en todo un ligón porque...sí.

¿Eso la convierte en una película típica? Si y no. Si consigues ver más allá de los clichés, es un film que intenta hacer algo diferente con las películas relacionadas con viajes en el tiempo, y se plantea algunos dilemas que no se tienen en cuenta en estas: ¿cómo te preparas para ir a otra época?¿qué forma tendrás de saber si has hecho algo mal?¿qué no se debe hacer cuando viajes?

También es interesante el hecho de que en ningún momento de la película sabremos si todo el viaje en el tiempo es posible o no.

Con todo es una película para aquellos que les guste el cine indie de los últimos años.
July 20, 2015
Até que não incomoda tanto o fato de Sem Segurança Nenhuma não se esforçar para sair de sua própria mediocridade, pois é possível constatar durante todo o trajeto guiado pela tensão de sua premissa inicial (a viagem no tempo) que há algo de agradável em sua eloquência, mesmo que seus personagens sejam batidos, suas histórias sejam clichês e suas piadas, assim como o melancólico Regular Show, tenham viajado para o presente direto dos anos 80.
July 16, 2015
Director Colin Trevorrow finds a warm and earnest tale of loneliness and longing for company in this intriguing and at times very funny science fiction.
½ July 11, 2015
I thought it was a time travel film. Instead I got a quirky and unremarkable romantic comedy (we just do not have enough of these!) with time travel thrown in. I want my money back.
August 4, 2013
There was a strange sadness that was all too easily laughed off. Great film
September 29, 2012
A sweet blend of time-travel & comedy with a lot of heart.
½ June 25, 2015
A slightly quirky plot that works as it's feasible for the most part given its about the characters and not the premise. There's some good humour in here too as we see relationships develop on the journalistic investigation into a supposed time traveller.
½ June 20, 2015
With strong direction and solid performances. Safety Not Guaranteed has a certain charm to it and is a quirky, heartfelt story that never takes itself too seriously.
June 19, 2015
A love story wrapped in a sci-fi blanket...
½ June 17, 2015
A blow of fresh air for time travel drama,the modest beginning of director of Jurassic World.Good choice for a sunday afternoon
½ November 3, 2012
There's something sweet about this movie and yet heart-breaking at the same time. Nicely done.
June 15, 2015
Great characters, great storyline. Loved it.
October 13, 2012
The film is almost pointless.
May 27, 2015
Was interested at the beginning but hated the end. One of my least favorite movies
½ May 22, 2015
It's an excellent film from Trevorrow that plays big on our ability to believe in something ridiculous, or make fun of those who do. It's well acted, full of laughs, style in its direction, and a heartfelt story to wrap it up. The mystery keeps you engaged and wanting to know what's going on while the subplots keep your heart at ease with cute scenes throughout. The ending ends without answers which will drive many viewers crazy and leaves more than one story unresolved which is about all I can complain about. With a bit more closure this would be a perfect scoring film. (86%)
May 15, 2015
An absolutely terrific movie! One of a handful that I do not mind watching again. A simple, low-budget film that is anchored by its well performing actors, especially Aubrey Plaza...the scene in the grocery store is phenomenal.