67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Safety Not Guaranteed Reviews

Liz P.
July 27, 2014
If not for the ending, I would've given this movie an even better review. It was funny, the characters were well-developed and it had tons of potential. My only problem is that the ending seemed like it was cut short, like it was too inconclusive. The thing is, I don't mind being left to wonder and think about the ending after the movie is over when it's done correctly. Eternal Sunshine is the perfect example of the ending not being spelled out for the audience but still feeling like we got some closure. SNG tries to do that but falls a bit short.
July 27, 2014
A movie you can't wait to see what twists unfold but turns out to do exactly what it claims which becomes a surprise in itself. Also fantastic and realistic character chemistry.
July 27, 2014
One of my all time favorite movies. Quirky, heartwarming and funny to boot. 5 stars !!
July 25, 2013
sweetttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 5, 2012
This movies is like a fantasy film for adults. Characters are suffering from something in their life, a lack inside each others life. Being rejected and lost. For sure it's small budget film that makes us forgive the ending scene of the film with unmotivated camera to show the VFX bigger than it is. You can see a solid performance from the actors which makes this story real for us.
July 20, 2014
It could have gone more in depth at certain points, particularly with the last 15 minutes or so, but I thought that it was witty and interesting without being too much (which would've been easy with the time traveling concept) and Aubrey Plaza showed that she can do more than her classic deadpan humor in Parks and Recreation. Well done
March 23, 2013
"Safety Not Guaranteed" is based on a real ad which appeared in a magazine, looking for a time travel mate, "please bring your own weapons, safety not guaranteed." It's a quirky concept that is conveyed in an entertaining way. A journalist and two interns from Seattle Magazine set out to discovered who placed the ad and why. One of the interns poses as the time traveller-wannabe.
February 22, 2013
One of my favorite movies
July 16, 2014
One of 2012's 10 best movies. One could argue that there is no originality left in movies today and "Safety Not Guaranteed" would be the evidence arguing otherwise.
July 14, 2014
Safety Not Guaranteed is a charming, funny, and uplifting story about time travel, with its strong cast of characters, gripping and light moments of suspense, drama, and comedy, it's an absolutely wonderful film!
August 6, 2012
Well this is just a nice little film.
July 12, 2014
filme divertidinho e despretencioso
July 9, 2014
Fun. Kooky. With a satisfying finale.... Oh, and Aubrey Plaza is in it. Yes, please.
May 23, 2012
This is one of those indie gems you find randomly on nextflix and you are so grateful you decided to watch it! I'll go on a limb and say this film will be on your top favorite indie films you watched this year. Its hilarious, endearing, and a feel good movie that you will be happy you took the time to see. Perfect for a Friday night if you just want to relax at home.
July 6, 2014
Superb acting and heart make this modest story rise above the norm.
July 2, 2014
Rare and unexpectedly a feel good movie. Safety Not Guaranteed is one of the movie that unpredictable yet sweet. The plot doesn't really interesting at first, then as it goes deeper it become funny and heartfelt in some scene. Although it can't be acceptable for everyone for sure.
December 30, 2013
Safety Not Guaranteed tackles many important life themes like loss, regret, death, and most importantly time. The story is lighthearted and heartfelt, succeeding because it is able to capture the importance of what you do with your time, how things change over time, and to make new moments instead of trying to change what happened in the past. The occasional humor blended into the genuine character portrayals create a unique dynamic that audiences should be able to relate to in some way.
D P.
June 29, 2014
Heartwarming, thoughtful, interesting, mind-bending, a fun ride
December 10, 2013
Very uplifting and eccentric. It's about when and where you are and how they wouldn't even matter if you're not with the right person. Definitely the type of time-travel movie that can put a smile on my face.
January 16, 2013
A fine lazy day movie; I just wished it had strayed a bit farther from some of the more standard indie pic tropes. There is a really likable and moving story here that too often flirts with hipster pretentiousness.