Five Favorite Films with James Cameron

Summary

Sometimes, amid the clamor of media junkets and their tight roster of promotional interviews, we don't always get a chance to pop our "five favorite films" question. Given that this was James Cameron, however, we couldn't resist sneaking the quiz into the conversation; despite being pressed for time. Cameron was on hand, together with director Alister Grierson and writer-producer Andrew Wight, to promote Sanctum, the 3-D cave-diving thriller that arrives in cinemas this week. Read on for Cameron's five faves, plus a chat with all three about the film. Back to Article

Comments

scarletwebslingr

Harrison Foreman

Oh, I get it, you're using sarcasm. Kind of the way doomzdavo did before you ripped him off. No wonder you rush to defend Cameron--you both enjoy waving around blatantly borrowed ideas.

Feb 1 - 09:04 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

I dont know if you noticed but I actually posted a reply to dooms original post. It's funny that your attempt to use a clever comment failed miserably because not only did you fail to be clever but you also failed to be original in your criticism of Cameron. Thank you and dont forget to try and post comments indicating the great extent of your idiocy on another forum later on.

Feb 1 - 10:44 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

burn

Feb 1 - 10:50 AM

scarletwebslingr

Harrison Foreman

Of course I noticed your comment, you knuckle-dragging tart. Why else would point specifically to doomzdavo's statement? If you agree with him, great. Replying like you did earlier was dandy enough. But waiting for the next page of comments to arise just to regurgitate the words of someone a single page prior is pathetic.

Feb 1 - 11:09 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

So you are criticizing me for choosing to post my own comment simply because it is in a similar vein to that of doomz original comment?

If that is the case then why dont you carry on trolling through EVERY forum and EVERY comment, criticising and scrutinizing over EVERY comment that is similar in content to another?

Great job with the name calling by the way. Keep it up, you're making yourself look far superior than any person I have ever met :)

Feb 1 - 12:56 PM

scarletwebslingr

Harrison Foreman

You're flaming other people's comments by posting the same sarcastic statement that a) already existed and b) you already replied to. Repeating a condescending remark is trolling by my standards. At least I'm self-aware.

Feb 1 - 01:43 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Lmfao 'self aware'. Only a pretentious prick would call allocate a label to themselves in order to attempt to appear more superior to another person. Well done.

Feb 1 - 02:33 PM

Fangmeier69

Jonathan Greene

When he released Titanic, he said Doctor Zhivago was his all time favourite film. And I thought he'd list the first Star Wars for sure, because it inspired him to enter the movie industry.
Oh well. A guy can change his mind...

Feb 1 - 09:18 AM

Peter W.

Peter Winters

5 minutes later he'd have a different top five.
Hey, my reply just took more time and effort than his crappy top 5.

Feb 2 - 09:20 AM

Kevin B.

Kevin Baker

I can't stand Godfather, I wish Heath Ledger would show up and say "Why so serious?" It's just too much Oh So Serious shoved down your throat. I think Heat is a way better movie as a crime saga about real people in the real world trying to make a living, instead of millionaire mafiosos scheming against each other for power and honor and abstract ideals.

Feb 1 - 09:41 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

It insists upon itself.

Feb 1 - 10:00 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

It insists upon itself.

Feb 1 - 10:00 AM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

Kathryne, have you considered that the problem lies not with the person answering the question but in the question itself? What if each of these personalities were asked to choose their 5 favorite films within a certain category, such as for Cameron: pick your 5 favorite films with superb editing, or Mila Kunis: Pick your 5 favorite comedies... and so on. Blaming the individual for answering honestly is just ridiculous.

Feb 1 - 10:17 AM

Jake

Jake Armistead

His list is better than any movie he has made for a while.

Feb 1 - 10:24 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

His list is better than most movies made period.

Feb 1 - 10:52 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

How can something that is visually stunning NOT stir your emotions?

See, I can do it too!

Feb 1 - 10:31 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

I saw Apocalypse Now when it came out and let me tell you, regardless of what Coppola said (I haven't seen the interview you mentioned)it was NOT universally or even mostly panned.

Apocalypse Now was considered a pretty good film by most critics and very much had an impact from jump. Now there was criticism about Brando's performance in the press which might be what FFC is talking about but make no mistake, this film is no Shawshank Redemption. People went to see it and it was very much talked about. It was easily considered a classic film by the 80's.

Feb 1 - 10:42 AM

Feb 1 - 01:43 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Feb 1 - 02:33 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

You hit the mail on the head.

Feb 1 - 10:45 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

He didn't make Avatar for himself, he made it to make money. His inspiration in the story telling of a pop culture film my not reveal his personal viewing tastes. My dad was a fisherman who wouldn't eat a fish if you paid him.

He didn't care for seafood.

Feb 1 - 10:49 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

burn

Feb 1 - 10:50 AM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

His list is better than most movies made period.

Feb 1 - 10:52 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Well said, DJ

Feb 1 - 10:54 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

I shudder to think of some of the movies and respective franchises that I used to watch regularly when I was much younger lol. Thankfully a few of my early favs have actually turned out to be 'classics' or by any reasonable standards half decent movies, Back to the Future, Terminator, Aliens etc

Feb 1 - 11:04 AM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships