—— Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Santa Clause Reviews

Anthony L

December 30, 2013
After all is said and done though, he still killed Santa right? Aren't the Elf's upset or angry about this? Have they no empathy? Are their hearts as cold as the climate they live in? Also, has anyone ever received a wooden solder as a present before? Elves are always making wooden solders but no one ever gets one, I think there is a scam going on. Still, thanks to Eric Lloyd's Charlie Calvin we all know what the greatest Christmas present of all time is. Contraception.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
A divorced adman for a toy company finds himself in quite a jam after a rooftop mishap on Christmas Eve sees him become Santa Claus, much to the delight of his son Charlie, and the absolute befuddlement/horror of his co-workers, ex-wife and her new man, a skeptical psychologist.

This mostly holds up pretty good, and Tim Allen is pretty funny, but the cheesiness of a lot of it wears thin after a while. I do like this movie, and the effects are well done, but this is neither one of the best nor my favorite holiday films. The concept sure is fun, though, and the music is quite swelling and wonderful at times.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 1, 2011
The Santa Clause is a fun kids movie with a few jokes adults will enjoy, its not really a Christmas classic but its fun many people can enjoy.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 25, 2011
As a Christmas film, The Santa Clause for me anyways didn't work. I felt that the film was a dud. Of all the Christmas themed movies, The Santa Clause is one of the worst. I feel that the film hasn't aged well, and though it's a great film to watch as a kid, later on you realize how stupid and pointless this film really is. I don't like the film now, and I find it to be too bad to actually enjoy today. I can think of many Christmas films that are better than this one. Tim Allen usually is pretty funny, but in this film, he seems tired and bored. The film didn't hold up for me, and I found it quite forgettable after viewing it a few times. The film is not as terrific, spectacular or original as everyone claims it to be. For a family film, it's mediocre; there are better films out that the family can enjoy on Christmas. I just felt that the idea behind the story lacked something really great to make this film work. The film hasn't stood the test of time, and the material on-screen is tired and old, and gets annoying after a few viewings. I'll stick with Scrooge and A Christmas Vacation, thank you very much. At least those films have stood the test of time, and are always entertaining, but the Santa Clause is tired, annoying and poorly acted. A pretty bad Christmas film, I honestly don't see what the fuss is about.
Alexander D

September 6, 2011
This was not really that funny. A typical Disney movie.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
It was an interesting and funny idea to have a normal guy put into the situation of having to become Santa, but if you ask me, this movie overdoes it. The whole idea that he would have to physically transform into Santa is stupid. Of course, as I kid I enjoyed this movie anyway, but it's not one of the better Christmas movies out there.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 9, 2007
a classic, one of the great christmas movies of all time
Luke B

June 7, 2007
This most fantastic of Christmas movies has eveything to bring about some holiday cheer. Late night driving, disastrous meals, carols, early morning wake-ups, magic, cocoa and so on. It's a rather clever film, as a man must become Santa, little does he realize, this could save his relationship with his son. The great thing about this film is how it takes on the adult and child perspectives. We have a broken home dynamic, but one that is at the point of childish quips and name-calling. There are many times when Allen is more childish than Lloyd. Allen adds some biting wit, and there are plenty of jokes to keep adults happy. The saviour of his relationship with his son also becomes an even worse destroyer as his life begins to unravel. It is dark at times, but this just builds up to the heartwarming ending. One of my holiday favorites.
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

November 23, 2010
This movie will be a holiday classic forever. It is so funny and creative! The characters are so lovable! This movie is sure tp please you. A film you must watch during the upcoming Christmas season. You'll regret it of you don't!

"Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean is doesn't exist."
Spencer S

August 3, 2010
The first is actually really good. Just forget Tim went off the deep end and made two more.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
This was a great christmas movie! I will remember this movie whenever someone mentions the word movie during christmas time!
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

November 26, 2009
Great Christmas movie, Tim Allen in his prime with Home Improvement blowing America's roofs off. Saw it in the theater and it ran a train on me.
Jason O

August 15, 2009
It's hard to believe that "The Santa Clause" isn't more of a Christmas classic. Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) and his son Charlie (Eric Lloyd) go on a mission to save Christmas after the original Santa Claus falls off a roof and passes away. Scott doesn't know it at first, but when he puts on Santa Claus's suit, he becomes the new Santa Claus.
"The Santa Clause" has a lot of parts that are hilarious such as when Scott starts getting fat and tells everybody that he was stung by a huge bee. But it's not only a great comedy movie, it's one of the best family movies. This is one movie that anybody, no matter how old they are, can enjoy. Tim Allen gives one of his best performances, and so does Eric Lloyd. I can't think of anything that's wrong with the movie. It's hilarious, it has a dramatic plot, and it never gets old.

"The Santa Clause" isn't one of those Christmas movies that are just good to watch during the holidays, it's a great movie to watch any day of the year. It's a classic in my book. I recommend anybody to get "The Santa Clause." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I'm shocked at the average flixster ratings....thought people liked this series! Tim Allen always rocks, both in TV and movies.
TomBowler

September 28, 2007
eh.
Bobby H

July 17, 2007
This movie has became my favorite Christmas Movie of all time. I watch it every single year, and have since it came out. When I think of Santa Clause, I think Tim Allen.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 7, 2007
Tim Allen doesn't know it but he's santa. Quite funny story.
Dan S

June 25, 2007
Funny and lovable.
Jose Z

May 23, 2007
a perfect movie to enjoy it with family on a x-mas day.
very funny and entertaining