Saturday Night Live Lost & Found: SNL in the 80s Reviews

½ January 9, 2015
If there is a period of SNL that is the least known in SNL history, it is the 80s. Very few even realize that Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Billy Crystal and Gilbert Gottfried were even on SNL. Post Eddie Murphy, the show was in dire straits, and easily at its best chance of being cancelled, and this movie does a good job documenting this period. The title is a appropriate and was nice to learn about this time.
November 1, 2012
On Netflix instant watch, the 1980's episodes have the best skits cut out, which ticks me off. I'm going to get this, and hope to see the Fernando skit with Mr. T.
November 1, 2012
½ October 16, 2009
A great view of SNL during the darkest time in its history. It is made clear that without show creator Lorne Michaels that the show couldn't possibly succeed, despite several standout cast members. If you only casually enjoy SNL, then you will see a lot of unfamiliar faces, but for the die-hard fan it's a fascinating look at how SNL failed and succeeded all in a single decade.