Save the Tiger Reviews

ScoopOnline
December 15, 2009
Set fire to the factory. Supply women for the clients. Harry Stoner will do anything to get one more season.
rayman0071
February 20, 2007
The greatest performance ever given by an actor and Jack Lemmon delivers this in his breathtaking Oscar winning role.
One of the top ten best films of 1973.
½ March 11, 2014
A tour de force for Lemmon. Consider this to be a bridge between the early great comedic work and the really marvelous dramatic work of his later career.
July 23, 2014
Another terrific performance by Jack Lemmon. He handles both comedy and drama so well, a rare talent. An interesting movie in itself.
½ August 24, 2012
Lots of great ideas about a businessman on his last legs. However, the film is executed like a TV movie. And, that is where the film falters. The direction is too casual, the dialogue too flat, and the cinematography unremarkable except for a few key scenes. Lemmon gives a great performance, but is given the material he deserves almost two decades later with "Glengarry Glen Ross."
January 31, 2007
Good movie about the breakdown of a wwII vet, but if you're looking for another point, look elsewhere.
½ July 14, 2007
I can't understand why this film has been so largely forgotten, since it does include one of the strongest performances ever turned in by an actor. I'm not suggesting it is without flaws (the WWII associations seem strained and unnecessary, for example), but I thought the screenplay was otherwise consistently clever and focused. From the moment middle-aged Harry is shown groaning his way out of bed to start the day we detect that his proud, prosperous life is unraveling. If you've ever doubted why Kevin Spacey has been compared to Lemmon, then you need to see this movie. Then, watch "American Beauty" again. I noticed so many parallels between their characters as I was viewing this recently -- notably, both men earned Oscar wins for their portrayals. But understand that "Tiger" lacks the dark satire of "Beauty." This is a drama through-and-through with small bits of levity thrown in. This film considers to what lengths a man will go to ensure that he can continue living the life he has, even if he feels disgusted by what he is required to do in order to make that happen. Harry's respite from his daily pressures is that he fantasizes about an alternate reality that might have seen him playing professional baseball instead of struggling to live up to the success of what the outside world expects from the businessman he unscrupulously became instead.
July 5, 2014
Lemmon is superb; otherwise, there isn't much to see here
December 6, 2012
The movie disappointed me deeply. Not even Lemmon can save it. In fact, he didn't deserve his Oscar for this at all. He only has two good scenes and they're not even THAT great.
½ July 27, 2012
Este es uno de esos casos donde una peliculita tiene un actuacion descomunal, Jack Lemmon esta INCREIBLE!!Buena.
½ June 20, 2009
A gripping performance by Lemmon that shows good acting by one guy can save a movie.
January 11, 2007
Good performances especially from Lemmon but not much after that.