Five Favorite Films with Saw's Tobin Bell

Summary

As the mastermind behind an seemingly endless stream of traps and torture devices known as Jigsaw, Tobin Bell has cemented his legacy as the new milennium's first standout horror icon. Bell's yearly participation as pharisaical serial killer John Kramer (aka Jigsaw) comes to an end with Saw 3D, the final installment of the Saw series and thus reaching a conclusion seven years in the making. We subject Bell to a battery of questions to uncover his Five Favorite Films. Back to Article

Comments

The Opinion kind of Guy

Josh Grahame

I Like his choice in Favourite Movie which two of them The Devil Wears Prada & The Descent are may favourites (I was shocked that his favourite was The Devil Wears Prada, but good on him for admitting Tobin Bell).

Oct 29 - 04:10 PM

T.S.M.

Timothy Maddocks

Miranda... Richardson? For true? Somehow I don't think so. Interesting set otherwise. Two Pollacks is unusual.

Oct 29 - 04:11 PM

Colyn B.

Colyn Bowman

I really enjoy these movies, the "Descent" I could do without having ever been made, but the rest of the list is excellent. "The Devil Wears Prada" is something I have to watch anytime it comes on TV, and who can hate on "Rudy?" Great list from a dude with a cool voice, and a cool cloak lol.

Oct 29 - 05:27 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

Compared to the "Saw" films it's a fucking masterpiece of Kubrickian proportions.

Oct 29 - 11:16 PM

sunBAKED

J Margo

ahahahahaha

Oct 30 - 05:22 PM

Jon C.

Jon Conant

That made my day.

Oct 31 - 11:43 AM

David R.

David Rocha

The Descent is such a terrific movie dealing with so many themes. I never liked Rudy, but the rest of the list is pretty good.

Oct 29 - 05:30 PM

Dane B.

Dane Bouck

A very good and different list.

Oct 29 - 05:53 PM

The Reaper

Iron Will

Very ecletic list. Bravo, Mr. Jigsaw.

Oct 29 - 06:28 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Surprisingly great and unique list. I like the love for Jeremiah Johnson; I have always had a fascination with mountain men like Mr. Bell here, and found Jeremiah Johnson to be an extremely enjoyable film and one of Pollack's best.

Oct 29 - 06:36 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Wow he has some modern films on his favorites. That's new & unique. Great list.

Oct 29 - 07:58 PM

JTB

James Blackwell

the devil wears prada from jigsaw himself lol. I enjoyed that movie as well but its not in my top five...

Oct 29 - 08:48 PM

Christopher C.

Christopher Compton

Anyone else read his choices and hear him talking in his Jigsaw voice, because I certainly did :D

Oct 29 - 08:55 PM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

I love The Descent, its quite well made and fun to watch even though it has such a simple premise. It also introduced me to the awesome horror direction of Neil Marshall :)

Oct 29 - 09:42 PM

Brian R.

Brian Rokosz

Bigger than any SAW twist was me reading Devil Wears Prada on this list...i actually laughed outline...but dammit, it IS a good movie!!

On a side note....SAW 3D has a perfect ending to the series and the final video/scene with Tobin is done so well by him that its now my favorite of any SAW movie...so thank you sir!

Oct 29 - 10:21 PM

Brian R.

Brian Rokosz

Bigger than any SAW twist was me reading Devil Wears Prada on this list...i actually laughed outloud...but dammit, it IS a good movie!!

Oct 29 - 10:21 PM

TheEmoPianist

Christopher Runyon

Dude. Tobin Bell is such a great actor, and he is an amazing Jigsaw. It's a shame he's in some pretty bad films.

Also, I had to yell out "f*** yeah!" at his choice of The Descent. I love that movie. Truly frightening both on a visceral level, and on a claustrophobic, atmospheric level.

Oct 29 - 10:23 PM

Vector Hero

Sam Neely

You all knew there had to be at least one horror movie on there. I really wasn't expecting The Devil Wears Prada though...

Oct 29 - 11:13 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

Oct 29 - 11:16 PM

sunBAKED

J Margo

ahahahahaha

Oct 30 - 05:22 PM

Jon C.

Jon Conant

That made my day.

Oct 31 - 11:43 AM

John T.

John Taylor

Well, 2.5 out of 5 is a pretty good ratio of movie on a favorite five list. I totally agree with Rudy and Jeremiah Johnson. Devil Wears Prada gets the .5. I like Anne Hathaway, but didn't care much for the movie itself. The Firm? Tom Cruise. Other than Days of Thunder and Top Gun, he's done nothing I care to watch. The Descent? Just another horror flick. If I want to be scared, I'll watch the news.

Oct 30 - 04:15 AM

Myerla

Elliot Newton

Maybe when we get kidnapped by Jigsaw we can have a nice dicussion above these films, watch them and build a nice, lasting and happy relationship. Quite am surprising list, The Descent is a good and effective horror film.

Oct 30 - 06:02 AM

extinct

X X

Surprising, but not in a good way.

Oct 30 - 06:05 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel