Saw IV

Saw IV Reviews

DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 18, 2011
Saw IV is a bad film to make, and I know realize they should have stopped making Saw films after the first one. The plot is very boring, after the second film I thought "oh cool, this will all be one big story," but now I realize they are running out of ideas and are now making crappy sequels just to make money, and i mean come om, I know I am stupid for just realizing this, but where the hell do they have the time to make all these torture contraptions. The cast was just plain bad and they all were not even close as good as the original Saw film, and I like them less with each Saw film I watch. The torture scenes are still really gory, and they keep to their name of being a gory film, but its seems like that the movie is completely focusing on the torture scenes. I am watching the Saw films for the first time, so i have been watching them and now I have just finished the fourth, and I can tell you right now that I liked the endings of the first three, but this ending was not even close to as surprising as those films, and I was very disappointed. Saw 4 is just another Saw film, and even though I enjoyed the first film, I really have not come to enjoy the series, and I expect the more Saw films I watch, the more disappointed I will be.
theunknownhobo
theunknownhobo

August 27, 2011
This is one of my least favourite Saw movies and that depresses me because it has a lot of good in it, yet somehow between trying to give us the history of John Kramer (Jigsaw) and keep up with the usual inovative gore fest that we know, I think this movie got a little lost along the way. It seemed hurried, overplotted and fragmented at times with a confusing ending that never really tied up any of the loose strings of the other movies, like the three before it did so splendidly. Disappointing.
Zach B

July 30, 2011
Okay, let me just ask this: What the hell happened?!?!?! Seriously, this film should of never been made. Okay, let me breath for a few seconds before I continue. Alrighty. The first three films told a complete story. Simple as that. But, may I ask who decided to make a film that is not only a continuation of the third film but is actually worse? It is times like this that I wish that film companies would of just held back on making films just for money. But, at the same time, two things are taken into account with why this film turned out as bad as it did. For starters, none of the original writers of this film worked on the writing. Why? Because they were off making the mediocre and better horror film Dead Silence. Now, this film is cheap looking at the budget was not used well with this film. Now, the reason for the budget not being that good is simple: While this film was being made, another movie was borrowing the budget so it could be made. The film that was being made was Repo! The Genetic Opera (a BEYOND better film that is extremely original). So, due to a lack of budget and the original creators not even working on this film, I think it can be safe to say that this is the bastard child of the franchise. Now, lets' start with the details of this film. With direction, Bousman gives one of his worst jobs with this film and that is sad seeing as how this is the last film in the series he would be working on. My main problem is that he worried too much about the gore factor and tried to create more of a plot with the film then what there already was. Well, the end result was not, at all, pretty. Just, there was so much non-needed parts with this film that this would of been better if edited. Now for the acting. One thing that would start happening with the series that caused the main downfall would be the idea of having one person that be the victim and him or her being the ones that will have to do the killing to save themselves. Now, while this might have worked, this film was the draft for how that would of been and it is just awful. Now acting. For the most part, the acting was not at all good. I mean, yeah I know that now the series was just going for the gore factor, but this is now ridiculous and even improbable. What made me like the previous films was that those traps could actually happen in real life. In real life, you could do something like hack off your foot, be in a torture house, and could have an entire necklace with guns attached to your head. Those can happen and they added a touch of reality to the entire series. now, with this film, it is all implausible to even happen. Very disappointing. The script, same as I said: nothing at all new. Just pointless dialogue and subplots that amount to nothing but just filler. Same with the score. Overall, this film I pity due to how bad it is and how it was made. The producers and Bouseman should of looked at the film, realize that they would be spewing their names in dirt with it, and just discarded it.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
It was ok. Another horrible and gory film and they all seem to get more and more disgusting each time.
Luke B

July 15, 2008
I give the Saw franchise points for consistency. More inventive traps and a further look into the life of Jigsaw further the story. Unfortunately the film still has a lack of a plot, and it is still twisting and turning in an attempt to escape the inevitable. Now we have Bent encouraged to stop wasting his life saving people. Jigsaw's plan seems to be getting more bizarre. Punishing people for trying to save others because it's a waste of his own life? It's a big jump in logic. Gore? Check. Twists? Check. It's nice to see how such events effect even the smallest characters from previous installments and to see some familiar faces in the background. It's certainly one for the fans and isn't trying to convert anyone into enjoying the series.
Carlos M

January 4, 2010
Saw IV is not for everyone to see, since the series has long become quite specific and only for those who have been watching from the beginning. The story is now more intricated then ever, and much less original, but still presenting another shocking ending.
cosmo313
cosmo313

October 28, 2007
While I appreciated the added depth and backstory to Jigsaw, and what he's all about, as well as the point that was trying to be made with Rigg's story, the movie was too convoluted, and unnecessarily so, for its own good. The Rigg story could have been handled better-it was telegraphed from early on, as was the other story. The backstory stuff was good, but again, the way it's presented would have been better had it been more straightforward. As gory as this was, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I'm finally starting to stomach this crap and be desensitized to it. That doesn't mean I like it though. Admittedly, I found some of the movie entertaining, but things could have been handled WAY better.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
I am going to be completely honest, it's very hard not to find something to like about these films, and normally I love the twists at the end of each film, but it just felt a little disappointing and lame in this saw film. I think the series is over now, but if it continues, there are many more ways to entertain. The game is definitely not over. However, the thing that pissed me off is that the cliffhanger from the third was completely forgotten about. That was what made me want to continue, and I was upset with the makers for not putting that in, but for that sake I hope the fifth film saves it from the mess it has gotten itself into. Much to improve on, but as always, fun! The films get worse and worse, and I'm afraid it can only go downhill from here. I pray for the series to help itself, but I don't know if it truly can! The the games continue, but this is the definitely the worst of the Saw films! I actually can say that I hate SAW IV!
Everett J

October 29, 2010
not good, but not bad...this is definitely one of the weaker Saw movies,but it really sets up the next set of movies nicely with the ending.
Jason S

October 27, 2007
This one got pretty confusing. While it seems to take place right after the end of the last film, it's in fact taking place at the same time. This revelation comes near the end of the movie and caused me to have to stop and think about what was happening. It took me out of the movie and that's never a good thing.
It's ok but we're trying to continue on with the main bad guy dead and trying to bring characters in that are supposed to have been important since the beginning but they weren't around in the first movie so it's something you just have to go with.
Conner R

October 23, 2010
Probably one of my favorites in the series for a few reasons. Jigsaw's background is fully explored and his motivations are even more clear. Also, this truly gave birth to the infiltration expert known as Hoffman. While he doesn't get to bask in his awesomeness in this much, it's still worth it. I liked that they brought The Berg back and gave him a truly glorious death via ice block crushing. It was really interesting how they played around with the time line and had it all fit like a puzzle by the end.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 8, 2010
Saw IV is on par with the third entry. I think it's just as good as the third one, and again keeps up with the essence of what makes a Saw film so great. The traps are elaborate and twisted, and will most likely make you feel uneasy. The storyline is intriguing and keeps you guessing. This is what I love about the Saw films, is the fact that every film adds on to the overall story, and with every film you get a bigger understanding of what Jigsaw will do and wants to do. Saw IV is no different and answers a lot of questions that Saw Fans wanted answered. A terrific horror film, Saw IV is definitely a strong fourth entry in this awesome reinvigorating horror franchise. With every film, you get something new and you get more insight of Jigsaws plan, and this film does not disappoint.
Nani V

August 9, 2007
It was okay to watch, but I couldn't help falling asleep.
Cassandra M

August 26, 2007
Now you might think that from my title I'm going to slate Saw 4, well I'm not.

Like most I'm an avid fan of the series and when Halloween rolls around I'm always wondering will it be good how you keep a genre like Horror fresh.

Well they done it again while don't get me wrong there is a lot of gore in there its seems a lot more toned down and more apportite for the film instead of just torture torture torture, which I feel really helps the film develop into its own skin.

The story line focuses more on jigsaw's back story this time round and how he became to who he was at the end of Saw 3, this allowment of character development I feel is vital to the story as we have always wanted to know more about the man behind the machine.

The story also focuses on Rigg and his story into the sick world of Saw, this film picks up where Saw 3 left off so its the same thing that Jeff went through he has to try help other people decide their own fate.

The ending is a good one but obviously never as good as the first one its safe to say I doubt they will ever be able to recapture what they had to begin with.

My advice for anyone still waiting to watch this film is keep an open mind about it and never set expectations too high because this is a good film and you should really give it a try before dismissing it.
Anthony L

August 26, 2009
I like the way it explains why Jigsaw is such a nasty man but its a bit unnecessary in places and gets a bit complicated at the end, you need to watch the films back to back to really understand it. Not sure how they can continue the franchise without Tobin Bell now though!?
Jason O

August 16, 2009
What can you say, all the Saw movies are awesome, and I've SAW them all!
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

October 28, 2007
As usual saw doesnt disappoint and i really am a fan of the saw movies its got better gory scenes than Hostel and is good
Josh L

July 8, 2008
One sentence sums up my experience with this movie: ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?! Worst one yet.
TheGame90
TheGame90

January 10, 2009
Impressive. After 4 movies it still feels fresh. It was a little diffrent from the first ones. We got to know Jigsaw as a person. That was nice. And ones again an unpredictabe twist...Bravo.
Alexander W

January 4, 2009
the aim of their game was to work together and to help keep all five alive, unlike "survival of the fittest", as they had all thought is a running theme through the Saw movies that shows in Saw V. Unfortunately or Fortunately you have to watch I, II, III, and V for Saw IV to make any sense. Lyric Bent is good in this film and so is Wahlberg. Shame how they both character die and the Jigsaw killer continues.