Scanner Cop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scanner Cop Reviews

thefog1331
½ March 27, 2009
Stupid title but better than average straight to video quasi-sequel to Cronenberg's Scanners.
deano
January 27, 2008
This spin-off of Scanners is good what the filmmakers try a new tack to keep the series alive: the scanner joins the police department. The special effects are more abstract this outing, hoping to pump some new life into the franchise.
December 18, 2010
Richard Lynch plays the bad guy. I think daniel Quinn ruined the movie for me because he takes himself way too seriously in this roll. Overall though I would say this is a step below the third one.
June 5, 2015
Low budget semi sequel/spin off from scanners. For what it was it was fine,with decent effects for the money
October 26, 2013
I sort of remember watching this years ago on Horror Channel, haven't seen it since.
Interesting spin off to Scanners, better than average, need to get it on dvd to complete the Scanners collection.
July 13, 2013
Honestly I was real stoned when I first watched this movie. I just loved it. Take my advice. Get a big fatty. Smoke it down and turn this on. You wont regret it.
October 27, 2012
Proving that Cronenberg's Scanner idea indeed has more life than just two sequels, we get this fresh direct-to-video take on the premise. A disgraced neurosurgeon administers halucinagenic drugs to ordinary people to make them kill police officers. Liked Richard Lynch in the familiar role of bad guy but parts of the story were pretty weak.
½ September 2, 2012
May 11, 2012
November 30, 2011
A new turn in the Scanner series. Here a scanner investigates a series of cop killings. Richard Lynch back doing what he does best. Better than its predecessor but still lacking that Cronenberg vision. Unsure if Cronenberg still appreciates being credited in these sequels for the original scanner ideas.
½ January 3, 2011
Very enjoyable beginning, but the film loses power over the coarse of itself. Definitely a campy C film. I do enjoy the scanner universe and I'm surprised that the original was done by Croenberg, I never knew that. Too bad neither it or its sequels live up to his later fame. Some things about this film are great, but it neither goes far enough or has a strong enough script to be truly interesting, just fun.
December 18, 2010
½ October 31, 2010
Dreadful B movie, cack in the pants.
½ September 11, 2009
2.5 stars of 5 for this low-budget, cheep-looking sci-fi movie. The story is about a person with the special ability to "scan" people and he is a "psionic". So he can hear everything people are thinking and can influence their thoughts. The idea is good, the execution weak. Cardboard thin and weak evil-guys and a weak hero. Don't waste your time on this one.
April 4, 2009
Scanners is a classic, but this was just dumb. At least with the Full Moon videos that came out around this same time had a sense of humor. Richard Lynch is always a fun bad guy though.
April 1, 2009
so i guess if you wanna look like you're using mental powers, just imagine that you're a baby who's really focused on taking a dump in your pants.
½ March 27, 2009
Not as bad as I was expecting it to be, some pretty decent effects considering it was a straight to video 90's flick.
thefog1331
½ March 3, 2009
Don't hate me, but am I the only one who found this movie really fun and enjoyable?
½ February 24, 2008
Entertaining take on the Scanner mythos. The best Scanner movie since the original.