Scarecrow Slayer Reviews

August 1, 2015
The sequel to the non-smash non-hit Scarecrow is actually on par in terms of quality and enjoyment. Tony Todd adds a bit of credibility to the film and while the story/directing/editing all lead to a kind of sloppy film, it does have its moments.
This is low budget horror fun with a great killer character that could be great but ends up simply being mostly forgotten except by the most devout of fans and horror fanatics.
If you have the seen the first film and have a case of OCD thus needing you to see everything Scarecrow this is your type of flick. Most people can easily avoid this and sleep better at night knowing they didn't waste their time.
But there are a select few out there... the horror masters... the savants of scary, that are totally into this kind of movie. To them I say... enjoy
½ October 21, 2007
This movie should of never been made
July 3, 2013
The un-seriousness of the first film is left out, giving little to make this film enjoyable. The effects are cheap, the plot is scattered, and the characters stink. Unmemorable beyond the less-than-decent scarecrow fight, the film just doesn't work out well.
August 7, 2012
Unlike the first Scarecrow, this one attempts to be a serious horror film. Without the silliness though, it has no redeeming qualities. I couldn't even make it through the whole film.
July 15, 2011
Not the best horror...(just a few mistakes in this movie)
_

Crew or equipment visible: As the teens use their truck to run down the scarecrow, just before impact, there is a distinct shadow of the cameraman and some kind of filming tower (for high angle shots) that appears across the truck as it drives by.

Crew or equipment visible: After the Scarecrow gets Gavin, Carl pulls up in the Blazer and picks up Mary and the Sheriff. After the Blazer pulls away at the left edge of the screen across the street is a camera sitting on a tripod, and the red light is even on.

Crew or equipment visible: After the Scarecrow David takes the pole away from Scarecrow Carl, the camera changes to a view from behind David. At his point there is a camera visible at the left edge of the screen.

Revealing mistakes: Judy is in her hospital room when Carl and Mary come in. They look at the "artwork" on the wall and when this is shown, in the upper right corner of the screen, the top of the door can be seen opening then closing. This happens twice, but nobody else has come into the room.

Continuity: As the truck runs over the scarecrow, we see in a wide shot that the scarecrow's legs are severed at the knees. Then when they show the scarecrow crawling on the ground, he is missing all of his legs, from the waist down.
June 24, 2011
i loved the movie it was scary adventurous and awesome!
November 22, 2009
More enjoyable than the first one, with better acting and directing. The soundtrack isn't as good though.
August 28, 2009
How nice Creepy Movie Poster isnt?
½ May 16, 2009
todd rex you disappoint me...
½ May 4, 2009
One of the few films I have seriously been tempted to turn off. You can imagine the idiots trying to make the thing "dark" right through the poorly-directed film. 90% of characters are unsympathetic, and the comparatively good ones all die...
April 7, 2009
Definitely the sophomore slump of the trilogy.
February 23, 2008
With this film the scarecrow duel at the end was very anti-climactic...but why was I expecting to be climactic in the first place? This is definitely the weakest of the Scarecrow trilogy.
½ November 28, 2007
they removed the best parts: the unnecessary acrobatics and the bad puns. what the fuck? way to ruin my holiday movie night.
½ November 26, 2007
The scarecrow duel at the end was very anti-climactic...but why was I expecting to be climactic in the first place? This is definitely the weakest of the Scarecrow trilogy.
November 23, 2007
The first one was so much better!!!!! I own them both on DVD
November 4, 2007
Well... uh, it was better than Scream Bloody Murder...
July 15, 2007
Fan of horror and thriller and never heard of this movie but I will be checking it out and I hope that it is good
May 18, 2007
As Ridiculous as it gets. It looks like a high school attempt at comedic garbage! Seriously, There is nothing worth looking at this movie! It is NOT even worth a $1 rental(if you could even find it so cheap)
Terrible acting, actors, scenes, story, very VERY cheesy, etc etc etc just an overall TERRIBLE movie!!

If you can help it,
FORGET THE COVER
AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS!!!!
October 29, 2005
The only reason that anyone did this film was they were paid enough money to last through the week.

I cannot recommend this film to anyone...