67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Scary Movie 5 Reviews

lecourtneycat1
September 2, 2014
The funniest part of this movie is how bad it is.
September 15, 2014
The worst thing the human race has ever done.
August 23, 2014
FUCK THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!
August 15, 2014
Failed attempt at being funny, tried too hard, just a movie filled with actors who once had their fame then died out. I'd say at least 30% actual funny, because the other jokes are just cliché
August 13, 2013
Complete Crap; nothing to laugh.
August 10, 2012
Eh... Terrible special effects, bad acting and terrible script.. so yeah don't waste your time on this horrid movie :P
Flucio
August 5, 2014
A new cast that only brings less laughs than other scary movies! Disappointing and boring!
August 5, 2014
what a terrible movie...Totally wasted my time...
August 4, 2014
A terrible movie. I watched it thinking it would be funny and not scary. It was the opposite. Don't let your 13 year old watch this because one part scarred me. It should be rated R. I couldn't sleep after watching this because it had a scary face and had a lot of sawing off arms and cutting through the middle of youngest and their was tons of blood and gore. The worst movie I have ever seen.however scary movie 3 is pretty funny so watch it and you will have some good laughs.
August 3, 2014
It is really the end the spoof parody era? Maybe not, if you include Nick Frost and Simon Pegg produce as being spoofs. However, with those exceptions, maybe it is time that any aspiring spoof writers should give up now. It has been widely acknowledged that the monopoly of parody and spoof movies goes to Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, a duo that are definitely no strangers to making shit-awful films. These two were on the writing team for Scary Movie 5, a movie that isn't anything but an hour and a half of juvenile potty jokes and crude, raunchy dialogue. It was mostly flat, but there was the occasional rarity of some actual comedy, something that's hard to find in Friedberg and Seltzer's work, but altogether, it's nothing but a stupid spoof era to... tolerate.
October 13, 2009
There are a few entertaining moments and cameos but overall it's an unforgivably immature and horrifically misguided disaster.
SC007
SC007

July 25, 2014
Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan steal the film. If only they starred in it, rather than just be in it for 2 or 3 scenes, then the film might have been better. Scary Movie franchise isn't as good as the Naked Gun or Hot Shot comedy franchises. I kind of missed Anna Farris here. Ashley Tisdale is no Anna Farris. The film did have a few funny moments, but not a lot.
filmlover1994
September 4, 2012
Ms. Sindelar Liked This Movie And It Made Her Laugh, One Of My Friends Brandon Chaples Saw This Movie Twice.
July 19, 2014
The worst of the series. Maybe it's time to stop making these movies...
aboccamazzo
July 18, 2014
0/10
This movie is fu***** bad, it's unbelievable. Unwatchable, one of the worst I ever watched
Angelo Dean
July 10, 2014
1 Star, I knew this was going to be horrible. I watched this because I watch the 4 previous parts!
July 22, 2011
I really didn't like this movie . I stopped liking them when the Wayans brothers stopped making them but Anna and Regina are what made be keep on with the franchise . This movie just killed my life .
Just James
July 4, 2014
Ashley Tisdale does her absolute best but even she can't save this film from mediocrity. In this fifth instalment, slapstick runs rather dry and many, many gags outstay their welcome. Hits like Inception, Black Swan and Mama are spoofed earning some healthy laughs but many dated cultural references and pop culture gags fall flat, this isn't as bad as the first two Scary Movie films but it's certainly one of the weakest, reaching to the bottom of the barrel in desperation.

Scary MoVie sees young parents Dan and Jody raise their adopted nieces who have a twisted spirit overlooking them. Jody begins to experience paranormal activity in their new home, and soon realises an evil dead demon is stalking them, Jody must now venture to the cabin in the woods to find the book of the dead and stop the deadly curse, whilst Dan focuses on his job at the Ape research facility. The problem here is too many big films are being spoofed, from Inception, Black Swan, Mama, Evil Dead, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, The Cabin In The Woods, even Tyler Perry's Madea and Fifty Shades Of Grey. Writers David Zucker and Pat Proft cram it all in, the film is bursting at its seams with a lot of bad jokes and a feeling of desperation. The scenes where Simon Rex falls over whilst trying to set up the cameras drove me mental as it wasn't funny, the fight between Dan and Rosa, and the repetition of the Cabin in the woods joke fizzled out quicker than you can say boring. The dancing Mama and the Ape's talking about Matt Damon really killed hope, there's so much that falls flat, the Fifty Shades Of Grey scene was pointless and the Inception scene really felt forced.

However, the whole Black Swan sequences work superbly, the Evil Dead book scene was hilarious and the opening with Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan ripping their personal lives maybe lousy but it works. Erica Ash is superb as Kendra, J.P. Manoux is very funny as Pierre the ballet teacher, and Molly Shannon reels out some big laughs as a broken, alcoholic smoking professional dancer, there are some great jokes here, Ashley Tisdale is great at slapstick and she echoes an Anna Faris in the making, although Faris cannot be beat when it comes to these films. The found footage aspects are decent, especially when exploring their new home, seeing Jody smack the baby into the door frame, setting its head on fire then blasting fire extinguishers reign madness, it's unapologetically poor humour but I chuckled.

Running in at under feature length, Scary Movie 5 feels long and exhausting, it tries to be something big but it really is just a squashed mixed bag labelled as a movie, and Director Malcolm D. Lee does nothing to polish or let alone add craft to this tiresome spoof.
Matt H.
March 22, 2014
Please, just stop making these movies. They are not funny nor entertaining. They've become jumbled messes of loose plotting and thrown together dialogue. This has to stop!
June 29, 2014
If you look in the dictionary under "phoned in", you will find... the definition of the phrase "phoned in", which this movie f***ing is.