64% Hercules Jul 25

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Scary Movie 5 Reviews

filmlover1994
September 4, 2012
Ms. Sindelar Liked This Movie And It Made Her Laugh, One Of My Friends Brandon Chaples Saw This Movie Twice.
July 19, 2014
The worst of the series. Maybe it's time to stop making these movies...
aboccamazzo
July 18, 2014
0/10
This movie is fu***** bad, it's unbelievable. Unwatchable, one of the worst I ever watched
Angelo Dean
July 10, 2014
1 Star, I knew this was going to be horrible. I watched this because I watch the 4 previous parts!
July 22, 2011
I really didn't like this movie . I stopped liking them when the Wayans brothers stopped making them but Anna and Regina are what made be keep on with the franchise . This movie just killed my life .
Just James
July 4, 2014
Ashley Tisdale does her absolute best but even she can't save this film from mediocrity. In this fifth instalment, slapstick runs rather dry and many, many gags outstay their welcome. Hits like Inception, Black Swan and Mama are spoofed earning some healthy laughs but many dated cultural references and pop culture gags fall flat, this isn't as bad as the first two Scary Movie films but it's certainly one of the weakest, reaching to the bottom of the barrel in desperation.

Scary MoVie sees young parents Dan and Jody raise their adopted nieces who have a twisted spirit overlooking them. Jody begins to experience paranormal activity in their new home, and soon realises an evil dead demon is stalking them, Jody must now venture to the cabin in the woods to find the book of the dead and stop the deadly curse, whilst Dan focuses on his job at the Ape research facility. The problem here is too many big films are being spoofed, from Inception, Black Swan, Mama, Evil Dead, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, The Cabin In The Woods, even Tyler Perry's Madea and Fifty Shades Of Grey. Writers David Zucker and Pat Proft cram it all in, the film is bursting at its seams with a lot of bad jokes and a feeling of desperation. The scenes where Simon Rex falls over whilst trying to set up the cameras drove me mental as it wasn't funny, the fight between Dan and Rosa, and the repetition of the Cabin in the woods joke fizzled out quicker than you can say boring. The dancing Mama and the Ape's talking about Matt Damon really killed hope, there's so much that falls flat, the Fifty Shades Of Grey scene was pointless and the Inception scene really felt forced.

However, the whole Black Swan sequences work superbly, the Evil Dead book scene was hilarious and the opening with Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan ripping their personal lives maybe lousy but it works. Erica Ash is superb as Kendra, J.P. Manoux is very funny as Pierre the ballet teacher, and Molly Shannon reels out some big laughs as a broken, alcoholic smoking professional dancer, there are some great jokes here, Ashley Tisdale is great at slapstick and she echoes an Anna Faris in the making, although Faris cannot be beat when it comes to these films. The found footage aspects are decent, especially when exploring their new home, seeing Jody smack the baby into the door frame, setting its head on fire then blasting fire extinguishers reign madness, it's unapologetically poor humour but I chuckled.

Running in at under feature length, Scary Movie 5 feels long and exhausting, it tries to be something big but it really is just a squashed mixed bag labelled as a movie, and Director Malcolm D. Lee does nothing to polish or let alone add craft to this tiresome spoof.
Matt H.
March 22, 2014
Please, just stop making these movies. They are not funny nor entertaining. They've become jumbled messes of loose plotting and thrown together dialogue. This has to stop!
June 29, 2014
If you look in the dictionary under "phoned in", you will find... the definition of the phrase "phoned in", which this movie f***ing is.
June 2, 2013
This was supposed to be funny/scary?
toobaahmad98
March 9, 2013
If they make another after this, than the director must have a lot of time and money to waste.
July 15, 2011
It was very ridiculous...! It may look funny, but people got hurt in the movie.
July 26, 2012
Less laughs, less fun, and less enjoyment... But then Ashley, Erica and Snoop Dog did a great job...
June 13, 2014
The slowest, dullest, and most exhausting spoof film I've ever seen. It's a train wreck of a film. Avoid at all costs.
April 14, 2013
This was better then the fourth, still bad. END IT!
June 1, 2014
Au-delà de réussir un gag sur cinq, Scary Movie 5 commet, à l'instar des parodies de Friedberg & Seltzer, le pêché capital d'être particulièrement ennuyeux, alors qu'il ne dure qu'1h13 dans sa version Unrated. C'est dommage car deux séquences sont particulièrement réussies : la parodie de Paranormal Activity en ouverture avec Charlie Sheen et Lindsey Lohan et la parodie d'Evil Dead avec Bow Wow & Sarah Hyland. Le reste est tout simplement catastrophique, réalisé avec les pieds et écrit à la truelle. Les acteurs sont d'ailleurs extrêmement mauvais (même Terry Crews n'est pas aussi drôle qu'à l'accoutumée). Non, franchement, il n'y a rien à sauver de ce cinquième opus d'une saga qui aurait dû mourir il y a 3 épisodes.
gracemommy2010
May 30, 2014
I think they have made too many scary movies and they are all too stupid for me
May 25, 2014
25.05.2014 Alusta jäi vähän katsomatta.
July 8, 2012
Oh my god what an awful movie. It's not screwball funny or stupid funny, it's just stupid. When ever the slightest bit of comedy appears, it's lost amidst countless crap jokes. Awful movie.
May 24, 2014