Scary Movie 5 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scary Movie 5 Reviews

½ October 7, 2015
Scary Movie 5 is the most immature entry to the series yet and equally as flat and unfunny.
October 2, 2015
This is one of the worst comic films I've seen only one scene made me laugh (as this playing guitar)
½ September 28, 2015
Scarily unfunny movie. Took my chances considering numbers 3 and 4 were surprisingly decent. Not one single laugh here though.
July 25, 2011
The worst in the series.This movie is more about lazily referencing movies instead of spoofing them.
½ September 24, 2015
Not that good imo-- thought it would be better.
½ August 15, 2012
Oh dear, it's sad to see such a classic series has continued its decline in quality. Scary Movie was such a laugh a minute, as was its sequel, but what has happened since then?! Answer: not a lot unfortunately. Admittedly this wasn't helped by the fact I hadn't seen a lot of the films it was spoofing, but maybe it's not a positive thing when they're belittling mediocre movies in the first place - Mama, Paranormal Activity, Sinister - I mean they're hardly the 90's slasher kings of Scream, and I Know What You Did Last Summer are they? Surely you're success is directly linked to its audience understanding the films its spoofing, but this was difficult. To me, the jokes were not particularly clever, just same old slapstick, with the odd cheesy rib tickler eventually shining through. It's a shame that none of the original cast has made it through to this stage, as it's lacking a real presence, notably Anna Faris and the Wayans Brothers. Ashley Tisdale is about the only famous face (other than cameos from Snoop Dogg, Usher, and Lindsay Lohan), and she fits in well, but on her own she can't carry the film. There are no real notable characters, nor did I feel that it was mocking a particular film well. I guess as long as they keep rolling out the horrors, they'll be a demand for this franchise to continue, but on this basis, and bearing in mind the quality of the last instalment, it's time to call it quits whilst the name still has some credibility.
½ September 19, 2015
Not a shred of dignity left in this once seemingly creative and fun franchise of films. This is just sad to watch. Not funny. Directed by Spike Lee's cousin. It's just stupid (as the previous ones had also been), but without any redeeming factors- even with the unheard of amount of cameos in the film. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.
½ June 26, 2013
not as good as the first couple they're really trying hard to be funny
½ May 27, 2013
Couldn't get through it, non of the scary movies have been funny since the first two.
February 24, 2012
Absolutely horrendous movie. After three really good, and one mediocre, films, this franchise seems dead after this film. The script was god-awful, the style was really bad, and the performances were terrible. You know it's a truly terrible film when the outtakes are funnier than the whole movie.
August 22, 2015
The True scare is their are people who will actually find this funny . Dedicated to the lowest denominator and intellect Scary movie 5 relies on poop jokes as well as out of place pop culture references than actual comedy .
August 3, 2014
It is really the end the spoof parody era? Maybe not, if you include Nick Frost and Simon Pegg produce as being spoofs. However, with those exceptions, maybe it is time that any aspiring spoof writers should give up now. It has been widely acknowledged that the monopoly of parody and spoof movies goes to Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, a duo that are definitely no strangers to making shit-awful films. These two were on the writing team for Scary Movie 5, a movie that isn't anything but an hour and a half of juvenile potty jokes and crude, raunchy dialogue. It was mostly flat, but there was the occasional rarity of some actual comedy, something that's hard to find in Friedberg and Seltzer's work, but altogether, it's nothing but a stupid spoof era to... tolerate.
½ August 17, 2015
I recommend this piece of crap to absolutely NOBODY! ITS NOT EVEN WORTHY OF A HALF STAR.
October 29, 2014
Are you f^%£&,$ serious!?
May 15, 2013
I stayed away from this movie because it didn't seem to have much of anything to do with the last 4. And it seemed to be venturing into Friedberg/Seltzer territory
½ April 14, 2013
I have a confession to make: I like the first four Scary Movies. They are guilty pleasures for me. They are all freaking masterpieces compared to this piece of junk. Honestly, this feels like one of those crappy independent films that comes in eight movie packs at K-Mart. Sure, there are a bunch of cameos to set it apart from the other imitators, but it feels nothing like the previous movies in the franchise. First problem: It isn't funny. I think I laughed a total of two times in the whole movie. Second problem: It feels rushed. It seems as if every scene is set up only for the punchline, which is rarely funny. Like that stupid toilet in the closet gag. What was up with that? Third problem: The film reeks of laziness. It literally feels as if half of the scenes in this film were shot weeks before the release, just to make it feel fresh and new. Honestly, how else would they have parodied Evil Dead if it was released in theaters a week before this was released? Overall, this is a new low, even for the long list of parody movies put out by these guys. Surprisingly, the parody Mama is scarier than the CGI one from the actual film!
½ July 26, 2012
this sounds like it gonna be intresting. so yeah
December 8, 2013
The loss of Anna Farris and Regina Hall has destroyed this franchise
January 18, 2014
A rather disappointing film. Some parts were funny but most of it was dull and not a great spoof.
June 23, 2011
Very funny. I laughed so hard.