93% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

May 24, 2014
The worst "SCARY MOVIE".
love it! love spoofs!
May 18, 2014
ask someone to tickle you and you'll have more laughs than this stupid movie.
May 18, 2014
Has some laughs, but could have more.
May 16, 2014
So I really liked the original Scary Movie; enjoyed #3 quite a bit, and was okay with #2 and #4, but this one is definitely the worst of the 5. The first problem is that the basis of the film is the film: Mama, which was okay at best and definitely didn't deserve this much credit. There are so many jokes that a few hit and are funny, but most fall flat and are stupid; I actually liked the Inception bit quite a bit. Overall I'm guessing this will be the last one, which is unfortunate as I've liked most of the Scary Movie films, but if this is what is to be expected I hope they don't make anymore.
May 14, 2014
A mess of slapped together parodies. They tried to shoehorn too many film references and it just doesn't quite work. If they had just stuck with the Paranormal Activity and Mama story lines, they might have been able to pull off a decent movie. The Black Swan, The Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, and Fifty Shades Of Grey scenes just didn't flow with the rest of the parodies. I know it's supposed to be dumb, but it can still have a coherent narrative. Instead, this movie gives you a bunch of random parodies and crude jokes duct-taped together to make a crappy comedy.

Most of the jokes seem like they were the first thought that came to the writers. I'll improvise a Scary Movie 5 scene right now off the top of my head: "A guy tries to open a kitchen drawer but it's stuck, so the guy braces his leg against the counter and finally the drawer comes out and hits the guy in the nuts really hard. The guy lays on the floor in agony and finally sits up, only to hit his head on the drawer." This is what a typical scene in Scary Movie 5 is like. It's a bunch of jokes that haven't been thought out.

It does have it's moments, but for the most part Scary Movie 5 comes off as just a half-hearted attempt at humor. If they concentrate more on poking fun at the movies they are parodying and less on the lowest of low brow jokes, they might actually be able to keep this franchise popular. They also need to stick to parodies of movies they've actually SEEN and not just saw the trailer [which is what they did for The Evil Dead remake]. I've seen much worse parody films, but this one still isn't very good.
April 10, 2014
I can't even begin to describe how much I despise this movie. They seriously cram in as many pop culture references as possible. Some don't even have to do with scary movies! Scary Movie 5 is an unclever, unoriginal parody of films like The Paranormal Activity series and Black Swan (Black Swan, really guys? Are you that desperate for stretching your movie length?).
The ONLY thing that I sort of liked in this movie was the stop-motion they used to parody Paranormal Activity, but still every single joke they crammed in there that actually worked they constantly repeated, ruining the joke altogether.
It truly is scary what parody movies have become nowadays.
May 12, 2014
This movie doesn't deserve a star. Horrible. Thanks Grayson for making me watch this. LOL
May 11, 2014
it is the WORST of them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 10, 2014
The scary movie franchise returns with Scary Movie V. What does not how return however is, Anna Faris due to pregnancy, and the Wayans Brothers writers of the first 4 movies. As a result we have by far the worst film in the series. The movie continues the tradition of spoofing movies, but was simply not funny at all.
May 9, 2014
Pretty much what you'd expect. Interesting cast and some hilarious scenes (and some not-that-hilarious).
May 7, 2014
Poorest Humour ......
May 6, 2014
Tired, obvious and juvenile, the fifth entry in the Scary Movie Saga is what you think it would be. Bad slapstick, Check. Crude wordplay that has no wit or personality, Check. Redundant references that in no way connect to horror films, Check, check and check!
April 23, 2013
Heres a fun game.... Have a group of friends together and see how long someone could watch the movies attempt to make jokes. Its truely painfull so forced! 10 minutes and I'm done sad thing i've seen worse "Disaster Movie"
April 27, 2012
boring is something i really wish i did not have to associated with this movie but nevertheless really disappointing
April 20, 2014
To compare this to excrement is an insult to Number 2.
nate2709
March 19, 2014
Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
March 15, 2014
Its stupid but it genuinely got some good laughs from me. Probably the funniest one since the 1st or 2nd.
March 11, 2014
Even worse than the other 4 combined.
Jane D.