Scènes de lit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scènes de lit Reviews

October 3, 2013
Shot on video on what looks and sounds like TV equipment and sets, so basically it's unbearably ugly, there's only two or three worthwhile scenes that transcend the technical limitations.
December 4, 2009
I got my first approach to François Ozon's cinema tonight, when a friend and I saw his short films on DVD one after the other. When the Scènes de lit series came along, I was already hooked on his beautiful close-ups, his extraordinary direction and his witty, sexy screenplays. But when the last bit of this particular collection came along, I was a huge fan.

From the hilarity of Black hole and the sexy cheerfulness of Heads or tails to the subtle sensuality of Madame and the icky dialogue in Mr Clean, every single piece of this flawless machinery works perfectly for the greater good and the machinist, Mr Ozon, knows his game so brilliantly that he's able to put his soul into several one-minute films and make them unforgettable, he makes you beg for more and he lures you into his realm with such dexterity, it's unbelievable.

My favorite? The sexual simplicity and tenderness of The Virgins. It will haunt me til the end of time.