Schindler's List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Absolutely Brilliant!
February 2, 2014
Simplemente...MAJESTUOSA! :D
April 24, 2016
Almost three and a half hours long and yet its length is completely justified. In my eyes, this remains Spielberg's greatest work and obviously that's saying quite a lot.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this one since, well, everyone has already said what I'd like to say. It's just a superbly-crafted work that exudes mastery of the craft. I'm not even going to bother discussing the plot, cast, etc. as I'd just be wasting time- this is simply a tremendous film.

To finish off, I'll say one thing- this film is black and white, and red. It's impossible to forget the red when everything else is black and white.

JUST WATCH IT, OKAY!?!?!?
½ April 21, 2016
amezing film but hard
April 17, 2016
Schindler's List is not perfect but has some of the best performances ever put on film in my opinion.
October 13, 2013
Schindler's List (1993) ????
A truly rare film this is. Expensive businessman Oscar Schindler (Liam Neeson) puts Jews to work in his factory during the Holocaust, but slowly wants to place them in his work so he can save them. One galvanizing, painful scene after another, an uniquely spellbinding experience, a triumph for its actors (Neeson, Ben Kinsley and especially Ralph Fiennes who's freighting as a Nazi general), staggering photography; a masterpiece in every respect. Scene with Fiennes on top of a balcony, picking off Jews with a sniper rifle, is one of the greatest movie scenes of all-time. Winner of seven richly deserved Oscars: Picture, masterful direction by Steven Speilberg, Screenplay by Steven Zaillian, brilliant Cinematography, Art-Direction, phenomenal Editing and for John Willaims' most evocative Score to date.
April 10, 2016
Schindler's List is a movie that dives into the deepest recesses of man's ability of evil to the heights of mans ability to be compassionate to other humans. It open with the true story of the invasion of Poland by the German's Nazi war machine. There we see Oskar Schindler, a man with hopes and dreams of making money in the midst of the beginning of World War II. Along the way, he makes inroads with leading Nazi military commanders that are able to help him with contracts and workers. He begins employing the Jews of Poland as his workers through his accountant Itzhak Stern, who is in fact himself a Jew.
As the Jews are moved from the Ghettos of Poland to the Krakow concentration camp, Mr., Stern uses his position to hire as many workers from the Jewish population as he can. When it gets to the point of the prison being ready to shut down in 1944 towards the end of the war, rumors of shipping out the Jews to Auschwitz begin to circulate. Mr. Schindler, through movement of compassion for the Jews, realizes that he can use the money he has earned to buy the Jews and have them work for him instead of being shipped out.
The climactic, and human part of the story, is seeing life from the perspective of the Jews who were help in the concentration camp and the daily embarrassment and humiliation they faced daily at the hands of the SS and the camp comandant, Amon Goeth (played by Ralph Fiennes). The brutality and attempt at mass extermination of the Jews is put on display for the viewer in utter and complete detail.
Shoah is the biblical term for destruction and, in the case of the Jews, a reference to what occurred at this time period of the Jews at the hands of the Nazis in Europe. The total and complete attempt to wipe out the Jewish population at the hands of the Nazis seems to play into the hands of this term. At the same time, it also seems such an insignificant word to ascribe to the murder and genocide of 6 million Jews.
At the end of the movie, Schindler realizes that he could have done more to save 10 more, 2 more, even just one more and regrets his inability to such. Mr. Stern, after typing out the list of 850 names that Schindler bought from the Germans, says "The list is an absolute good. The list is life." The pivotal and heart wrenching wonderful scene is at the end when the actors portraying their roles in the movie, accompany the actual survivors to the tomb of Oskar Schindler and pay their respects to a man who showed compassion. It is estimated that Oskar Schindler saved 1,200 Jews from the gas chambers. Today the generations of those he saved is estimated at 7,000 because of his love.
½ April 7, 2016
Saw this in full for first time today. A hard hitting film that does not shy away from the true horrors of the Holocaust. Superbly acted by all the cast involved. A film that everyone should watch, at least once in their lifetime. Steven Spielberg's cinematic masterpiece
April 5, 2016
Schindler's List is an amazing film about war and, at the same time, friendship. Spielberg did a wonderful job; of course he had help, the fantastic cast and photography helped the creation of this epic.
Liam Neeson's Schindler is very human, and you can identify yourself with the character. He's ambitious, but he never gets what he wanted: to be rich. He moves to Krakow, Poland, to take advantage of the situation, and be a success businessman, the Jews were under increasing pressure from the Nazis. He was very opportunist, selfish, and manipulative, at the end of the film, he becomes a totally different person. Ben Kingsley's Itzhak Stern is also amazing, he's a very strong character, a character that you can feel compassion and, you hope that he can be fine by the end of the film. That's one wonderful thing in the film, you care about the characters, even if is for a brief moment on screen, like the little girl with the red coat.
The photography is stunning, all black and white, like a documentary, you feel like you're watching a History Channel's documentary, but, more real and with an amazing direction.
In conclusion, Schindler's List is a great film about war, and one of the bests films Steven Spielberg ever made. A wonderful epic that you can see a despicable man turn into a better person, which helped more than one thousand Jews from certain death.
March 26, 2016
Possibly the most important feature film ever made, and one that everyone should see at least once. Without doubt Spielbergs masterpiece, completely authentic portrayal of the treatment of Jews during World War 2. Although not a documentary every detail rings true, and it's not an easy watch, nor should it be, as the events are horrific. If Mr.Spielberg had only ever made one film it should have been this one ( and I love his films) but this is in a league of its own, if you are not in floods of tears by the end you might be in need of some serious soul searching. Just watch it.
½ July 16, 2012
One of the most movie films EVER.
March 11, 2016
When I create my all-time favorite movies list, the list wouldn't be complete without putting Schindlers List towards the top. This movie made a lasting impressing from the very first time I saw it. The story behind it stuck with me to this very day. I can't help but admire the true perfection the director put into creating this film. The story did one of the rarest things they could do in a movie and that is make me feel like I was living in that moment. They did the amazing job of sucking me into the story and the best part is, they were able to retain that grasp over me to where nothing else was on my mind. No phone going off or anyone talking was going to disturb me. To me that is the true reason behind entertainment; to give us the ability to escape our lives even if it is for a brief moment in time. The people who are able to achieve this are true prodigies and should be held with the upmost regard as master of their craft. This movie is one of those master pieces that I feel like had a major part in shaping me into what I am today .The entirety of the movie is shot in complete black and white, which gives you this dark, eerie sense of gloominess that magnifies the utter atrocities that you witness. We are taught what happened during World War 2 in school, but they never made me feel the gravity of it all. It was hard to put myself there just from the boring text book in front of me and the ongoing half assed teachings of my instructor who had to repeat himself with three more classes after mine. It wasn't until I watched this movie that I felt the evilness of it all. I felt the same sense of panic and realness of the situation as I had when I first saw the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. I was living in that point of time, just standing there with this sense of disgust and helplessness at what happening around me. Not only is it based off a true story of a German war profiteer who ended up saving thousands of Jews, but at the end you are shown one of the most chilling scenes that doesn't involve any violence what so ever. You are treated with the real grave of Oscar Schindler the German who saved the lives of thousands of Jews who were able to have kids of their own and so on, creating this chain of growing saved lives. At this grave you see two stones placed on top and as it pans out, it's revealed that there are two people standing at the grave with a huge line behind them. One of the people standing there is a young familiar face and other is an aged elderly person. It's the actors standing next to the actual people that they played who lived the movie I just watched. That part hit me pretty hard. It helped solidify my belief to respect my elders because they lived through some crazy events and you never know what they had to endure to get to where they are now. I think this movie should be a requirement to show for general education. This movie did more for me than any educational deemed WWII book ever did.
March 11, 2016
One of the most vivid, emotional and realistically wrenching Holocaust films of all time. Everyone should watch this movie at least once and experience it.
May 15, 2015
Steven Spielberg's gripping masterpiece is a true tearjerker. Personally, I think "Schindler's List" is the greatest movie to ever win Best Picture.
March 8, 2016
There are so many moments in this film that are memorable.

I think the lesson to be learned from this is that everybody goes through a battle with evil. Ralph Fiennes' character is the one who shows this the most. He falls in love with one of the Jewish girls and feels like he is doing something wrong. He knows if he is caught with her he will be treated as a sympathiser. It shows the true horrors of Nazi Germany.

Best Spielberg movie ever made.
March 4, 2016
One of Spielberg's best ever films, Schindler's list is heartbreaking and is a realistic portrayal of the holocaust. From a drama's point of view it may be Liam Neeson's best ever performance as well as the extremely likeable Ben Kingsley and the unpredictably psychotic Ralph Fiennes. The girl in the red coat is one of the most heartbreaking scenes I have ever seen and the classy Oskar Schindler is a hero.
November 11, 2015
Very emotional movie who can't reproduce the holocaust but respects the victims of this tragedy!!!
February 21, 2016
Aza verga pinche Película... Tenia rato que no lloraba con una película :c
February 17, 2016
Increasingly with age I can appreciate this film. Albeit perfect in my books or deserving of 5 stars because it's as good as films come. Will be a recurring watch through my years.
February 13, 2016
The first movie I've seen that I thought was truly perfect. It captured every horror of the Holocaust and keeps a tight grip on you until the very end. This is a movie that every person should see during their lifetime. It's one you simply can't miss out on.