School of Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

School of Life Reviews

February 2, 2015
Positive but predictable and uneventful story. Half an hour too long! The characters are flat but this is a TV movie.
½ February 25, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ June 27, 2014
Extremely farfetched view of life in junior high that is only for the junior high set.Too juvenile for adults.
February 4, 2014
This movie leaves you with a ray of hope that there are some teachers that are not disillusioned.
½ October 19, 2011
Reynolds tries at least....
April 24, 2013
just loved this movie! inspiring!
August 10, 2009
it's really nice !! but the end is sad !!
December 22, 2012
Ryan Reynolds was great in this movie. Overall, not a terrible movie. Worth a one time watch.
December 7, 2012
Havent seen yet. Looks like it could be watchable.
½ September 5, 2010
Ryan Reynolds. Never heard of this, yet I found it to be absolutely fantastic! He is just the best.
August 7, 2012
I love this movie and have seen it several times and it still moves me and makes me laugh ;)
August 5, 2012
im such a baby i cried at the end it was a great movie id watch it 100000 times
July 31, 2012
Great casting. Funny, but not too slapstick. Very sentimental, and teachers can actually relate to the problems and triumphs of Mr. Warner.
May 25, 2012
I saw this movie before I graduated with my English Degree. It wasnt really funny. There wasnt a real issue. It was just a light hearted movie. It taught me how to be a teacher (no joke)!
May 6, 2012
This film is inspiring. Although it is silly and a bit cheesy, it's about redefining what living means, what learning is. And no matter who you are, this movie will make you feel ready to take on life again- even in the face of great adversity.
January 21, 2010
Cast: David Paymer, Ryan Reynolds, Kate Vernon, Andrew Robb, John Astin, Leila Johnson, Shylo Sharity, Chelsea Florko, Jillian Marie, Alexander Pollock

Director: William Dear

Summary: Stodgy educator Matt Warner (David Paymer) -- who's determined to carry on his late father's legacy of winning the Teacher of the Year award -- suddenly finds himself competing with charismatic new history teacher Michael D'Angelo (Ryan Reynolds) in this made-for-TV family tale. In an effort to smear the affectionately dubbed "Mr. D," Matt tails him and makes a shocking discovery that leads to an uncomfortable self-assessment and an about face.

My Thoughts: "A feel good movie with a great message but with a bitter-sweet ending. Good performances from Ryan and David Paymer. The story is about learning what little time we have on this planet so what we do with it better count. The title of the film is very fitting. It isn't about school or teachers, it's about us. How we treat each other how we see each other. What we can do and what we should do. To make something of our lives and don't waste the time we have been given because our time is limited and unforseen. Not a film for most, but one worth taking a look at with your kids."
March 6, 2012
Watched on Netflix, cute movie with a great message.. it was pretty heart warming
February 13, 2012
just loved this movie! inspiring!
½ January 23, 2012
Ok, it was corney, but I liked it. I have to say Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite actors now.
½ November 28, 2011
Teacher of the year award winner gets competition from a new, hip teacher that everyone loves. A "message" movie.