Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders Reviews

July 6, 2012
Pretty weak compared to other animated films
Mace R.
½ August 10, 2012
I knew I'd not like it... I didn't know how much I'd fucking hate it.
December 16, 2012
IT actually is the down fall to the original two before it, but it isn't as bad as the ones now-a days
November 5, 2012
My favorite animated Scooby flick!
Mace R.
½ August 10, 2012
I knew I'd not like it... I didn't know how much I'd fucking hate it.
½ March 30, 2012
The first Scooby-Doo movie I got and I like it less than when I was a child, but it stills funs me a little. It may attract your attention when you see Shaggy and Scooby in love.
½ March 30, 2012
a Great installment! very classic! I first watched this when I was 9!
½ March 30, 2012
Wasnt as good as most the original Doo movies but it was still ok.
½ March 30, 2012
A forgettable and uninteresting animated film with a boring and out of place love story.
March 30, 2012
Plot: 3/10 - Scooby-Doo and the gang accidentally wander into a government owned area, where they encounter a large unknown machine that flies above them. After the Mystery Machine Machine breaks down, Scooby and Shaggy decide to protect the van while the others search for help. While they are protecting the van, they come across a jackelope, which runs into a cave. Before they continue they're chasing of the jackelope, they encounter aliens, who chase them into the diner where the rest of the gang is. When they get there, the aliens seemed to have disappeared, but the civilians claim that aliens have been in the area since government satellites were built. This, of course, leads to a classic investigation from the iconic cartoon characters, to solve the mystery of the aliens.

The plot is just as cliched as any other Scooby-Doo mystery, with stereotypical actions from the supposed monster, and the whole gang believing that the monster (or monsters) exist, even though they've done the same thing about a dozen times. The story will introduce a few suspicious people, and one of them will be the guy or girl dressed up in a costume for some stupid reason that didn't even require them to dress in a stupid costume. About half-way through the movie, you should have already figured out who is dressing up like aliens, and you won't really care why (even though they will decide to explain in full detail).

Acting: 2/10 - There is not much to say about the voice acting in Scooby-Doo, except that it has been over done. I don't know how many times I've heard an over exaggerated hippy voice go "I don't think that's a (blank)", followed by the repetitive "Ruh-Row!". Everything is just to overdone, overly familiar, and just doesn't catch our attention.

Script: 2/10 - Have you ever had you're friend tell you that someone had dried up mud on they're shoes, or question why someone is so cranky. Well, this movie does. The dialogue is just so corny and unrealistic, making the characters point out things that nobody would ever care about in real life

Comedy: 1/10 - Like the voice acting, everything is repetitive. Shaggy's addiction to dog food isn't funny anymore, it's just weird, and all of Scooby's weird body movements are just a repetitive piece of crap. It's chalked full of puns, and really, really stupid jokes, which doesn't define it from a normal Scooby-Doo episode.

Interest: 1/10 - Unless you're six, when Scooby-Doo comes on, you probably switch the channel. It's pretty much the same with this. It's repetitive, corny, predictable, and very, very forgettable. It's a type of movie that if you watched it at nine o'clock, you would just fall asleep. There is nothing appealing about the movie, and absolutely no reason to watch it.

Grade: 9/50 (18%) = F
½ March 30, 2012
The Story in Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders is just as complex as that of Zombie Island, but lacks a certain likable quality, and unfolds too fast. The love story isn't very good, and Scooby-Doo fans won't find much to enjoy.
March 30, 2012
SCOOBY-DOO AND THE ALIEN INVADERS (2000)