43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Scooby-Doo 2 - Monsters Unleashed Reviews

muffin0681
May 16, 2013
I own this on DVD in a four movie pack along with:
* Scooby-Doo (2002)
* Scooby-Doo: The Mystery Begins (2009)
* Scooby-Doo: Curse Of The Lake Monster (2010)

and on Blu-Ray in a two movie pack along with:
* Scooby-Doo (2002)
Drew B.
August 3, 2014
Silly and unattractive, Scooby-Doo 2 is one of the most dumb and ridiculous movies ever made.
Flucio
July 24, 2014
Another classic movie for me! However I think that the first Scooby movie is much better...
Dann M

July 9, 2014
Learning no lessons from the first film, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed recycles the same tripe. However, there is more of an attempt to homage the original cartoon show; including bring back some of the old monsters from the series and returning to the traditionally unmasking of the villain at the end. The cast chews up the scenery, but this kind of works given the level of camp that the film is going for. And the cheap, half-assed animation is masked somewhat by the simple character designs. Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed is a step up from the last film, but it's still garbage.
July 5, 2014
the beloved TV franchise deserves better
June 29, 2014
Though lacking the charm of its predecessor, Scooby-Doo 2 still manages to keep the younger audiences entertained with the somewhat likable returning cast.
June 7, 2014
It gets the spirit of Scooby-Doo more than the first movie, but still, fuck.
Phil H

January 12, 2012
Pretty much the same thing here with more nasty looking CGI and even more terrible looking general effects, sets, stunts and obvious stunt doubles. The cast perform a little better here, more of a natural flow with this one, they gel better and actually come across as 'Mystery Inc.' with more success than the previous film.

There is still a heavy load of very childish toilet humour going on throughout unsurprisingly. This still isn't required as it wasn't anywhere to be seen in the original cartoon so I have no idea why the powers that be seem to think its necessary. On the plus side its nice to see a few ghosts and ghouls from the original cartoon used for the plot, always did like that deep sea diver ghost.

This is the films only plus point, despite relying heavily on CGI as per usual it was nice to see these old spirits. There were some live action costumes used combined with CGI which didn't come off too badly admittedly. This did give a nice light-hearted ghoulish 'Casper' vibe which saves the film from total ruination. The quality does vary a lot though, some ghosts look quite eerie and well realised, whilst others looks down right puerile and highly fake.

So the inclusion of a nice array of phantoms and spooks slightly elevates this above the first film but its still quite awful. Not as many cameos but still plenty of unnecessary pop culture and some God awful music tracks. Again, stick to the original cartoon for all you're haunting needs.
JArt234
April 1, 2014
I hate this movie it's 23% is unfunny jokes 46% are dumb characters 20% is a stupid a stupid story and 11% is dumb villains,mix it all together and you have shit pure,pure shit brainless dumb ass shit
March 23, 2014
Scooby-Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed is not totally unbearable to watch, despite its obnoxious butchery of our beloved childhood icons. If you want to introduce your kids to the world of Scooby-Doo, this is definitely one of the films to show them because it is not as scary as the animated Scooby films that came before.Children will love this movie because children love everything. Unfortunately this movie lacks the subtle adult humor that its predecessor at least carried, however the film is still not as wildly mindless as most children's movies today.
Deckard42
September 25, 2011
I liked it more than the original, but this movie is still not that good.
January 23, 2014
Pass the sick bucket! Goofiness and cretinism can be funny in animation. Shifting the same to a movie with human actors is a tall order. The Scooby Doo cartoon is lovely but the movie is loathsome. On the other hand, this is a kid's movie. Perhaps they will like it.
July 22, 2009
I loved Scooby as a kid so I can't help but love him now X3
December 31, 2013
Really not for adults this film is actually pretty lame but will make the little ones happy as hell.
October 5, 2012
Everything you'd expect and want from Scooby Doo, which is what makes it better than the first one.
Ben D.
December 7, 2013
The effects are dated, the story is stupid, but for what it's worth, it is better than it's predecessor.
December 7, 2013
I enjoyed the first Scooby-Doo live action movie. It was fun, even if it was borderline not a kids movie with its more mature humor. This one tones that done incredibly and the gang is at a museum of all their captures, when a new ghost emerges and steals a number of the costumes. So the gang is called in, even though a local reporter is trying to make them out to be bad guys. This film just isn't fun, it does stay more true to what a mystery on the show might have been, but its not interesting or fun. Just felt like torture to get through everything. It feels incredibly dated and a product of its time, especially with the music selection including a performance by Ruben Studdard. Such a let down.
November 4, 2013
Other than a few cute in-jokes for those who have seen the original cartoons, this sequel really offers nothing. Lillard is awesome as Shaggy, but everyone else is forgettable.
October 27, 2013
10 stars unvilivble awesome funny rovie movie
October 15, 2013
The story is about the Mystery Inc. team who return to their hometown in Coolsville as heroes when a number of the weird creature costumes on display in the museum they are invited to are coming to life and wrecking havoc on the people of Coolsville. Some of the clues point to Old Man Wickles played by Peter Boyle whose attempts to pose as the Black Knight Ghost were foiled by the Mystery Machinists in the past, but is he looking for revenge or just a red herring? I remember when I was eight years old, the trailers for this was playing for this movie all the time. Me and my brother wanted to watch this movie badly since we were big Scooby-Doo fans and so my uncle bought the DVD of this film. I will admit when I looked at it, I pointed out at the characters thinking they looked nothing like their original counterpart. The only two who looked the closest were Shaggy played by Matthew Lillard and Scooby voiced by Neil Fanning because the rest of the Mystery Inc. looked completely different. But when I look at it now, I will admit, while the first movie was average, this movie is better than the first film and it ties up all the loose ends of its predecessor. Scooby-Doo 2- Monsters Unleashed gets a solid 8/10 as I had a blast with this film.