Awards Tour: ACE Eddie Awards Winners

The American Cinema Editors weigh in on the top films of 2010.

For those unfamiliar, the American Cinema Editors, or ACE, is an honorary society of film editors, and they've been around since 1950. Members are voted into the organization based on their professional credentials and achievements, and they represent the elite masters of the craft, which is arguably one of the elements of filmmaking most underappreciated by mainstream moviegoers. Appropriately honoring the highest achievements in film and television editing are the Eddie Awards, as presented by the ACE, and we've got the full list of nominees below. Winners will be announced in a ceremony to be held on February 19 in Los Angeles.

Best Edited Feature Film - Dramatic

Despicable Me
82%

How to Train Your Dragon
98%

Toy Story 3
99%

Best Edited Half-Hour Series for TV Best Edited Miniseries/Motion Picture for TV
The Big C: "Pilot" The Pacific: "Okinawa"
Modern Family: "Family Portrait" Temple Grandin
Nurse Jackie: "Years of Service" You Don't Know Jack
Best Edited 1-Hour Series for Non-Commercial TV Best Edited Documentary
Boardwalk Empire: "Pilot" Exit Through the Gift Shop
Dexter: "Take It!" Inside Job
Treme: "Do You Know What It Means" Waiting for Superman
Best Edited 1-Hour Series for Commercial TV Best Edited Reality Series
Breaking Bad: "Sunset" The Deadliest Catch: "Redemption Day"
Friday Night Lights: "I Can't" If You Really Knew Me: "Colusa High"
Glee: "Journey" Whale Wars 3: "Vendetta"
The Good Wife: "Running"
The Walking Dead: "Days Gone Bye"

For all of RT?s awards season coverage, check out Awards Tour here.

Comments

Cory

Cory B

YES SCOTT PILGRIM!

Seriously though, just FedEx the editing award to Inception. No other movie can even come close.

Jan 19 - 01:00 PM

Nicegregs

Jon Gregs

I totally agree with you.thats why i was flabbergasted that Inception was not nominated for editing.

Feb 2 - 11:39 PM

Jeffrey C.

Jeffrey Cooperhouse

Both lost.

Feb 20 - 08:24 PM

Chris L.

Chris Liu

Yeah, anyone who's watched Scott Pilgrim can see that movie's editing is far superior to Alice In Wonderland. I'm kinda baffled by Alice's win for Editing; wonder if its studio's weight is really that heavy.

Feb 21 - 04:00 PM

Ryan W.

Ryan W

Sure, Inception and Toy Story 3 are shoe-ins. But who wins the Comedy and Documentary categories?
Here's hopin' Easy A and Exit Through the Gift Shop.

Jan 23 - 07:01 PM

Nicegregs

Jon Gregs

Feb 2 - 11:39 PM

ScytheofAzrael

Omar Siddiqui

I'm laughing at the previous two comments right now.

But really, Alice?

Feb 20 - 10:04 AM

Cory

Cory B

Inception totally got robbed. But yeah, LOL @ me. XD

Feb 20 - 03:47 PM

ScytheofAzrael

Omar Siddiqui

Honestly, though, I don't blame you for thinking it would. I'm a huge fan of TSN and I DO think it should win BP, but I can see why Inception not winning would be a surprise.

Both films had interwoven time schemes and situations going on, but Inception had MORE.

I think TSN's editing can be viewed as an entirely diff type of editing than Inception's. While both were exceptional, maybe the ACE Eddie Awards had something in mind that we don't.

On the other hand, WHAT THE HELL SCOTT PILGRIM LOSING!? Even I think it should have won, and I'm not a big fan of it.

Feb 20 - 07:08 PM

Cory

Cory B

Inception totally got robbed. But yeah, LOL @ me. XD

Feb 20 - 03:47 PM

ScytheofAzrael

Omar Siddiqui

Feb 20 - 07:08 PM

anDy

Andreas Babs

Yes Inception won best editing!
*wakes up from a dream* FUUUUUUUUUUU-

Feb 20 - 05:52 PM

Feb 20 - 08:24 PM

Chris L.

Chris Liu

Feb 21 - 04:00 PM

KD

Katie Pfeilschiefter

I like Alice and Wonderland but am surprised it won when up against Scott Pilgrim and others. It doesn't even fit the category it's nominated in. I wouldn't label it as a Comedy or a Musical.

Feb 20 - 09:05 PM

Dakota -Kapodaco- Gordon

Dakota Gordon

Alice in Wonderland beat Easy A? What is this world coming to?

Feb 20 - 09:23 PM

Movie Guy

Movie Guy

Scott Pilgrim suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 21 - 05:06 AM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>