Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Reviews

½ May 26, 2016
The concept is unlike anything I've ever seen in a movie, and the way the movie connects the comic book adaptation into film is amazing. Lots of laughs and just really fun eye candy. I liked the alternative ending a lot more though.
May 23, 2016
Packed with inventive visuals, witty humour and unabashed geeky charm, Scott Pilgrim is fast-paced, hilarious and a hell of a lot of fun. It's not a film to be taken over-seriously, plays fast and loose with reality and the central character doesn't develop enough to be truly engaging. It's seemingly edited by someone with ADHD, and the quick and frequent cuts can become annoying at times, but it suits the tone and the style. It's a film that throws everything it can at you, and the majority of it is great. I was thoroughly entertained, was constantly surprised, and only got bored near the end when the fight sequences started becoming repetitive. The characters are quirky creations which never fail to draw a smile, and while it is frequently juvenile, the love story around which the plot revolves is very earnest and provides many genuinely heartfelt moments. I honestly believed that the 2 really loved each other and wanted to spend time together, and it truly anchors the film. While it might be too self-satisfied at times, and Michael Cera is once again playing the same character he always ends up playing, it's a must see for fans of comics, video games and nostalgic pop culture.
½ May 14, 2016
Le pondría 3.75 estrellas, no fue aburrida ni tampoco la gran cosa, al haberla visto antes ya era consciente de lo repetitiva que iba a ser la trama, sin embargo los detalles en la dirección son graciosos y bien ubicados. No podemos catalogar esta película como saturada, es una pelicula de Wright, y por mas que no sea la mas divertida de sus peliculas, es una pelicula, mirable y re mirable, Cera es magnifico haciendo de Cera, y el resto del elenco hace un decente trabajo, por cierto, es raro ver al capitan america en este papel, es el mas interesante de los ex novios, la menos interesantes fue la lesbiana. Lo mejor de la pelicula sin lugar a dudas es Wright, pelicula perfecta para mostrar que tiene, y no decepciono para nada.
No es mi favorita de Wright, pero podría decir que es la mas original en términos de ejecución.
15/05/16 - 01:15
March 18, 2016
the last hour us unbearable #awful
½ May 13, 2016
As we've come to expect from director Edgar Wright, he handles all of his films with a unique style that creates a fast and inventive nature of the film, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World is no exception. A blend of quick and stylish action and witty, and awkward character moments are what make this film for me.
May 13, 2016
This movie is absolutely perfect. There is never a dull moment and I may be wrong when I say this, but if you are bored watching this movie, I'm willing to reckon that a lot of movies bore you. There is such a mish-mash of genres: Comedy, romance, action, drama, etc. Please see this film now!
May 12, 2016
Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Very weird type of movie. But kept fun and interesting.
½ May 12, 2016
A visual masterpiece.
May 4, 2016
Edgar Wright just made the genre of Romantic-comedy absurdly interesting and wildly entertaining. 'Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World' is a mishmash of visual comedy and sleek set pieces that created a ridiculously fun, over-the-top action-adventure flick.
May 2, 2016
Not immediately endearing, but ultimately well worth it.
½ January 12, 2016
This movie requires a lot of suspension of disbelief because it is truly a comic ripped off the pages. But I truly love this movie. The second I finished watching I wanted to watch it again. Being directed by Edgar Wright it's phenomenally directed and edited, the music is fantastic and so is everything else about this movie
February 4, 2016
Scott Pilgrim vs the world is a fun videogame like comedy/action/teen movie. This is a perfect pop corn fun.
April 29, 2016
Terrific special effects, incredible chemistry between the the cast, funny as all hell, and action packed fun. This movie deserves all your attention and more!
½ April 28, 2016
film aneh tapi bikin nagih
½ April 21, 2016
One of the most original movies I've ever seen, and it's a comic book adaptation! Hilarious, great fight scenes, excellent effects and performances, great direction and cinematography, and awesomely video game inspired! This movie is a classic, and is endlessly quotable!
DrStrangeblog
½ May 20, 2011
Completely bonkers in brilliantly combining movies, music, videogames, and comic books into one sensory overloading entertainment experience. If you didn't have ADS before, you will after watching this hyperkinetic adventure as 25-year-old Scott Pilgrim must physically battle the League of 9 Ex-Boyfriends in order to successfully win the hand of the attractive & enigmatic new girl. And yes, we see each of these fights in full special-effects glory, and they are each staged with enough ingenuity to keep them distinctly different and mostly avoid a feeling of monotony which is a pretty incredible feat. What annoyed me about Edgar Wright's overly flashy direction in 'Hot Fuzz' works marvelously with this material, creating a multilayered level of immersion across pop culture platforms like I have never seen before. Michael Cera is at his deadpan best as Scott Pilgrim and it's difficult to choose a favorite character, whether it's Knives the adoring possessive girlfriend groupie, Kim the dour drummer, Brandon Routh as an ex-BF with Super Vegan Powers, or Jason Schwatzmann as slick record producer Gideon with the funniest line: "You made me swallow my gum!" And what Arrested Development fan won't get a big kick out of Cera's faceoff with Anne/Egg actress Mae Whitman? Endlessly inventive, it'll put a big giddy smile on your face if it doesn't scramble your brain first.
April 4, 2016
I love this movie. I had no prior knowledge of the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels. My boyfriend showed me this movie and I was having a great time from beginning to end. The acting is solid, the characters are fun, it's visually appealing, and it had fun action. The comedy is also great. I laughed a lot. The story, while pretty basic, is cute and amusing. I don't know what else to say. I just love this movie. I know this is a short review, but I pretty much summed up what I needed to say. Scott Pilgrim vs the World is a fun, funny, inventive movie.
April 13, 2016
Interesting story line. Loved the use of comics. I too have evil exes (or so it feels) HA! Great movie for studying dynamics of relationships and the choices behind so
½ April 12, 2016
loved it. Not many movies can perfectly recreate the joy we all had when reading the source material on to the big scren. perfect combo of geeky, action packed, romantic and funny. only problem is some scenes can be awkward to watch.