Is "Fletch Won" Back On Again?

Last thing we heard about a new "Fletch" flick was that "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence would direct and (probably) Zach Braff would star. Well, forget all that.

Most recent word states that director Steve Pink will be helming the adaptation of Gregory McDonald's "Fletch Won," and his title character will be played by ... (ready for it?) ... Joshua Jackson.

Mr. Pink is the director of "Accepted" and the co-writer of "High Fidelity" and "Grosse Pointe Blank." Joshua Jackson is probably best known for his "Dawson's Creek" series, but he was also in movies like "Cruel Intentions," "The Skulls," and "Cursed."

You may have read this report last week, but our source seems intent on confirming it.

Source: IESB.net

Comments

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

? ? ?

Jun 12 - 03:15 AM

sox1919

Ryan Kolar

[b]wtf[/b]
braff MAY have been the best choice possible, although I would love to see someone SERIOUS do the role, say a Ryan Gosling or a Giovanni Ribisi.

Jun 12 - 03:55 AM

frogleg

Josh Quarles

Jason Lee > Joshua Jackson

Jun 12 - 05:13 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

aaaaaaaaaaand now available at your local blockbuster...straight to dvd...another sh3tty remake! gotta be one of the last actors i'd ever guess to be fletch. shocker ryan reynolds' name isn't being said to be in the running for the role. this should be interesting...

Jun 12 - 05:32 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

I can't believe they actually took a step down from Zach Braff.

Jun 12 - 07:34 AM

thinkblue_2258

Melissa Nunez

Why are you guys so down on Joshua Jackson? He was so good in Dawson's Creek. He has the ability to play Fletch. F*** Zach Braff! He's way too full of himself. It's good to see they actually give roles to people who deserve it and not just somebody who's popular. If Garden State is any indication as to how much talent Zach has, he should just go get a job at McDonald's. That's all he's qualified to do.

Jun 12 - 08:10 AM

okuonuora

Bruce Leroy

Shouldn't you be on a Cheetah Girls message board, little girl?

Jun 12 - 01:28 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Let me guess, you have a "No Girlz Aloud" sign on your bedroom door.

Don't be a dick. He/she is entitled to an opinion, even though I disagree with it.

And plus, he/she seems to have seen Fletch. That's cool by me.

Jun 12 - 02:14 PM

zachbraff fan

Jonathan bennett

[b]Steve Pink was a fantastic choice, but Joshua Jack[/b]
Joshua Jackson is one of the worst actors out there, even Jason Lee would be a better choice.

Jun 12 - 08:11 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

Ryan Reynolds.

Jun 12 - 08:31 AM

DanielLee8793

Daniel Lee

I liked the first two very much, I wouldnt see it without Chevy Chase. It would ruin it for me.

Jun 12 - 08:34 AM

Rusty Broomhandle

Jaco Gerber

Chevy Chase was more of an 80s equivalent of Will Ferrel. Fletch was goofy... Fletch should remain goofy... so none of these flavour of the day pretty boy actors.

Jun 12 - 09:14 AM

MovieSamurai

j _

Uh, don't forget The "Mighty Ducks" franchise, Charlie Conway

Jun 12 - 09:19 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

It's not Fletch without Chevy Chase. Couldn't see it myself.

Jun 12 - 09:23 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

Jackson's allright, but the Kevin Smith-Jason Lee version sounded way cooler.

Jun 12 - 09:59 AM

Defmonkey

Tyson Herritt

[b]Chase will always be Fletch[/b]
"I got his credit card, want the number?"

Even though, I like Zach Braff, Chevy will always be Fletch IMO.

Jun 12 - 11:36 AM

okuonuora

Bruce Leroy

Shouldn't you be on a Cheetah Girls message board, little girl?

Jun 12 - 01:28 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Let me guess, you have a "No Girlz Aloud" sign on your bedroom door.

And plus, he/she seems to have seen Fletch. That's cool by me.

Jun 12 - 02:14 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

Let me guess, you have a "No Girlz Aloud" sign on your bedroom door.

And plus, he/she seems to have seen Fletch. That's cool by me.

Jun 12 - 02:14 PM

clamman27

Rob Clark

Having read a few of the Fletch books I never cared for Chevy Chase as Fletch. He was just Chevy Chase... not Fletch... comparing him to Will Ferrill is a great parallel.

Of all the names mentioned I would have to go with Ryan Reynolds as well. But that doesn't mean I think he's the perfect Fletch. Just the best of this bunch of names.

Jun 12 - 03:18 PM

OniSpyder

Steven Sloan

officially no longer interested in this movie.

Jun 12 - 04:26 PM

gorillagolanking

Matt Golan

[b]This makes me want to cut my face off[/b]
I know everyone says Chevy Chase is supposed to be an asshole or whatever but I don't care I love him. He's done so many memorable films from Fletch to Seems Like Old Times to Caddyshack to The Three Amigos to well you get my drift.

I always feel really bad for him when he does a SNL cameo these days wearing some baseball cap he got free for signing up for life insurance something and those ridiculous sunglasses. It's like he's trying to hide. Breaks my heart...

Now this! Joshua Jackson is to play Fletch. I'd rather see Chevy Chase reprise the roll as an aged Fletch than anyone else attempting to do it. Oh well, there goes my face

Jun 14 - 12:17 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Preach on Brother. There's a Team America analogy in there about Chevy being a dick and Jackson being a pussy, but I'll digress.

Jun 14 - 12:52 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Jun 14 - 12:52 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies