Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure Reviews

½ November 23, 2010
This was more storytelling - I would have liked to see a more science-focused documentary style, but I still thought it was pretty interesting.
October 11, 2010
The feature is nearly 40 minutes long, and about half the presentation is a dramatic representation of archaelogists uncovering fossils and "exploring" the story of a specific set... which finally allows viewers to see what they want to see: the CGI sea monsters.

About the only thing keeping this rating up to two stars is the fact that the visual imagery (along with the monster animations) are so bright, clear, crisp, and vivid; Wonderful Eye Candy!
August 29, 2010
Very interesting, had some of the same premis as in "Walking with Dinasours, but never the less a nice story line to engage the viewer. I felt some what transported to that time and area with such Eat, or be eaten confrontations. LOL!
½ May 11, 2014
I didn't see all of it, so this review may be a little off. I saw a 15 minute version at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, where the seats vibrated, water splashed at you and it poked your back. Thankfully, I saw the "back-poker," so I had my back away from the seat. The 3-d imagery was absolutely stunning, and the vibrating seats made me feel like I was in the movie. But the movie was... i don't know. See, all this stuff around you made it feel so cool, that I had NO CLUE about what was going on. And I know this was a "4-D Experience" and all, and it was 15 minutes long, but it followed one story, I know that. Overall, I just wished I'd skipped it and gone explore the aquarium, but sadly, I was with a school group. If your going to see a 4-D thing like this, go see it in Disney World. That stuff is cool.
February 7, 2013
This movie is a walking with dinosaurs trilogy i watched all of walking with monster,walking with dinosaurs and walking with prehistoric beasts there was a live play at rogers arena about walking with dinosaurs.I think this movie might have used animatronics for prehistoric animals.
December 19, 2012
Great content but poorly executed film.
July 8, 2012
It was good but not all stars because I hate the fossils part. It ruins the experience of the film and I just want to see the animals, not people finding fossils.
October 17, 2010
Great documentary with unbelievable animation and fossilized info to back it up! People wanted to see this in 3D. THAT would've been scary. Overall,awesome
½ October 16, 2009
Sea Monsters A Prehistoeric Adventure: 4.9/10
It's just really boring. It's only 40 minutes, and I still couldn't put up with it. I was never a big fan of Imax, and these effects are okay, but they were barely ever used. It's just. So. Boring.
½ February 17, 2009
If you are expecting a life science documentary in the vain of David Attenborough or one of his peers then I urge you keep well clear of this abomination. However if you found pixar's finding nemo to be educational then this is right up your street.

I cannot fathom how this creation has such a high rating on rotton tomatoes, it made my blood boil that the time i wasted watching this cannot be refunded.