—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

38% Taxi Brooklyn: Season 1
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Secondhand Lions Reviews

November 10, 2012
A feel good film, or/and a dramedy adventure with surprises. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
August 11, 2014
How often are you going to see a movie like this--filled with humor *and* actual wisdom--in today's Hollywood? Almost deserves a 5 just for that.
joshua p.
August 6, 2014
I noticed that after the fight with the teenagers hub has a bunch of bloody cuts in his shirt and I wondered how he was still alive :)
March 5, 2010
(First and only viewing - 6/6/2013)
June 21, 2014
While the story is lackluster, the performances, and characters enough to keep you entertained.
May 2, 2013
A wholesome but schmaltzy movie. I still enjoy it though
May 2, 2014
A great story with good cinematography that captures the imagination in both kids and adults- It has something for all ages! I think this is one of the last big films Osment has been in lately, but he plays his part marvelously!
March 29, 2014
Schmaltzy for sure, but its affectionate lens on childhood and imagination is hard to resist. Having a solid trio of actors and a moving score by Patrick Doyle certainly help.
March 16, 2014
Excellent family movie. Tweens and up.
shakercoola
January 12, 2014
Pure schmaltz, and Michael Caine with a ridiculous Texan accent makes this painful.
January 8, 2014
There are gaps here and there, of course, but ultimately it's humor and wholesomeness make you forget about it, or not even notice.
us007ed
January 6, 2014
If you like the Princess Bride - you should like this one. Good family flick.
January 5, 2014
Critics don't know a good movie if it clobbers them over the head--this is one of the best, with wonderful acting by Robert Duvall and Michael Caine. One of my all-time favorites.
December 26, 2013
This is one of my all-time favorite feel good movies! The score and setting alone make it amazing!
December 3, 2007
Wonderful family movie with a humourous story about a boy and the relationship that he builds with these two old guys plus a great cast.
November 15, 2013
Yet again critics fail to see the beauty in something that isn't a European-style art flick. Simple and wholesome, this is what Hollywood needs to make more of.
August 8, 2012
I actually really liked this movie. While it was nothing original and it leans to much on a swashbuckling mood in story-telling, it had some good humor and it's fun for the entire family. Definitely worth watching with your kids or family members.
July 5, 2013
More than a heart warming family movie, it models honour and loyalty with laughter aplenty and a ripping good adventure.
April 4, 2007
I would agree that Michael Caine was not the right actor for this role. However, the story was great.
August 28, 2013
Its beautiful and sentimental at times.......