Secondhand Lions Reviews

January 6, 2014
If you like the Princess Bride - you should like this one. Good family flick.
January 5, 2014
Critics don't know a good movie if it clobbers them over the head--this is one of the best, with wonderful acting by Robert Duvall and Michael Caine. One of my all-time favorites.
December 26, 2013
This is one of my all-time favorite feel good movies! The score and setting alone make it amazing!
December 3, 2007
Wonderful family movie with a humourous story about a boy and the relationship that he builds with these two old guys plus a great cast.
November 15, 2013
Yet again critics fail to see the beauty in something that isn't a European-style art flick. Simple and wholesome, this is what Hollywood needs to make more of.
August 8, 2012
I actually really liked this movie. While it was nothing original and it leans to much on a swashbuckling mood in story-telling, it had some good humor and it's fun for the entire family. Definitely worth watching with your kids or family members.
½ July 5, 2013
More than a heart warming family movie, it models honour and loyalty with laughter aplenty and a ripping good adventure.
April 4, 2007
I would agree that Michael Caine was not the right actor for this role. However, the story was great.
August 28, 2013
Its beautiful and sentimental at times.......
August 23, 2013
It is a wonderful classic movie. Great music, action, nothing inappropriate. It is a great family movie.
½ August 8, 2013
Just one more reason not to listen to critics. Just like weathermen they can be 'right' 20% of the time and still be doing a 'good job'.
½ July 26, 2013
I love this movie. This movie to me seemed to address things that I sometimes worry about in my own life. Like about growing old, getting a job, getting married and wondering whether or not it'll be worth it in the end. I'll admit those are things that I worry about in my lifetime. And this movie is not meant to make you forget about your troubles that you have in this lifetime but to ease your worries and make you realize that yeah it's scary to think about what's going to happen to you in your future, but the best thing you can do is, really, to have fun with the time that you have and don't let your worries of old age stop you from living your life. That's what I got from it anyway. That and it has a great story with really funny, adventurous and exciting moments all throughout the movie. All around it's a great movie.
½ July 24, 2013
tiger don't eat kid fuck this
½ July 13, 2013
One of my favorite movies.
June 20, 2013
two crazy old men and a scared little boy makes for some funny scenes.
½ June 17, 2013
Just offensive, the way we are expected to believe that two men who spend most of their time shooting guns can take care of an abandoned child; that said child is over the moon when his slut of a mum comes back; that a sick lioness left to roam in a corn field will not bite the boy's head off; that North Africa is full of nubile princesses and evil sheiks; and that all is well that ends sentimentally and with a bequest of stupid amounts of money stuffed under an old porch. If it were a comedy, maybe it would work, but the dewey-eyed looks, solemn speeches and dramatic music make it dreadfully serious. Loads of people have commented on the positive message, but all it amounts to is "Just believe what you want to believe (and you will become a Good Person)". Scary when you see what religion has managed to do with that message.
June 10, 2013
Has a good feel throughout with decent acting. The script worked and is heart-felt yet still provides some good laughs.
March 31, 2013
A shame for all involved. Has some good moments.
April 30, 2013
good film. goood story line.
½ April 26, 2013
Love the actors but the story is missing a something something.