Daltry Calhoun Reviews

November 9, 2006
A cute feel-good movie. It was okay...
Harlequin68
½ February 8, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "Daltry Calhoun", Daltry Calhoun(Johnny Knoxville) is on the surface a very successful man, having made his fortune from inventing a new brand of turf.(Daltry's dream is to host a USGA sponsored tournament on a golf course on the property he owns.) Having seen one of his commercials, Daltry's ex, May(Elizabeth Banks), and their daughter, June(Sophie Traub), a precocious 14-year old with dreams of attending Julliard, arrive in town to see him. May is dying and wants to find a good home for her daughter before she dies. But Daltry is actually on the verge of ruin, brought on by the side effects of his invention...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Daltry Calhoun" is not a bad movie, exactly, but it also has nothing new to say about the changes in life and being prepared for them. The movie tries to rely on a quirky charm which is frankly not there. And Knoxville does make for an awkward lead.[/font]
iLeo
½ December 24, 2007
Very funny!
½ December 18, 2014
Daltry Calhoun is the story of a family from the perspective of a 14 year old girl. This movie is quite boring, and I struggled to get through this fil,. The narration was boring, I did not care about any of the characters, and just waited for this point of this movie to come about. It never did.
½ April 2, 2008
Cute father-daughter story, hilariously precocious teenage girl. I loved this movie.
Oh and favorite quote: We must,we must,we must increase our bust!
August 6, 2007
This movie is amazinggggg. I loooooove it sooo much! He's so cute! you have to have an AMAZING sense of humor though.
April 8, 2007
WOW! A serious movie with "Johnny Knoxville" - Knoxville's PJ Clapp...I was quite impressed! I laughed AND I cried! I was shocked with his abilities to be honest!
March 30, 2007
i thought this was a great movie a family a samll town death happiness forgiveness learnignto start over on a new level and whole bunch of love i recomend it !
½ September 30, 2006
i love the feel of this movie, johnny knoxville has a good role and plays it well! i really recommend this movie
September 18, 2006
this was actually a pretty decent flick..it's a little wierd but that is my type of movie....i love wierd movies
½ June 17, 2006
it started REALLY slow for me but it was a good movie and you really got to see Johnny Knoxville's loving serious side... It was a good :0) movie! oh P.s. HE's CUTE!
August 13, 2012
A Knoxville movie shouldn't be so devoid of highlights that less than 3 months alter i can't recall a single thing about it... and this was my second watch.
½ September 22, 2011
Terrible. absolutely terrible.
November 13, 2010
Pshhaw to the 3.6 rating. This is a great movie--Juliette Lewis is fabulous......dialogue's great..
½ July 20, 2010
I honestly enjoyed this movie. I know it's not normal humor and most people found it to be a pretty bad movie, but I disagree. I happen to like Johnny Knoxville as an actor even though most people don't. I felt all the characters played well off each other, and Johnny's fumbling "Daltry Calhoun" as he tries to get to know his estranged daughter is heartwarming. Watch it at least once and decide for yourself.
April 30, 2010
johnny knoxville is an odd character and sadly this is a missed oportunity in my eyes. offbeat characters and great music can't save a film with no real focus or character development.
starts off fun but soon becomes a mess of ideas and no real substance to keep the snail pace alive. the actors do well with what they have but other then that this film missed the mark terribly, split between the film it wants to be and something else
October 2, 2009
Lol yeah this was pretty crap ...i love tarantino and Jonny Knoxville but this was ridiculous! Im glad i hardly heard about it! ~ So why is this so awful? / Well i always have a constructive response guaranteed!! ----Not funny, slow boring, annoying ---wen i first read that it was made by tarantino i thought ok should be funny! And that it had Jonny Knoxville has funny right?? Just from that description i would have thought there would be jackass pain!! With reservoir dogs (or insert any decent tarantino movie) but what i got was dreck. Do not see this unless you are easily bowled over by romantic style drama that which i abhor
Harlequin68
½ February 8, 2007
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
September 26, 2005
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Okay, I had never heard of this movie until one of my friends dragged me along to see it DESPITE what the critics think, I rather enjoyed this movies. I thought it was funny and had wonderful character development. It wasn't so sad I felt like dying, or so happy I couldn't contain my joy. It was just the right amount of everything. I really loved this movie and although it may not be an essential movie in American movie history, it's still a very enjoyable film- and a breakthrough for Johnny Knoxville. :up: :up: [/FONT]