Secretly, Greatly (Secretly and Greatly) Reviews

½ September 25, 2015
Good story and cast but still, korean films lack sense of action sequence.
January 9, 2015
Kim soo hyun made me laugh to death.... I love this movie...
½ July 31, 2014
If you're looking for a film with Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Hyun Woo, watch this...
Not only that, but you get to see how diverse Kim Soo Hyun's acting to it's full potential. I'm not a critic but I definitely enjoyed this, if I am to recommend a film consisting of conflict, comedy, tear-jerking drama, and hot koreans then... THIS IS IT.
April 13, 2014
A great, well made film which to me is confirmation that Korean cinema is truly world class. This movie starts out fairly light hearted and very funny at times, but by the end it turns into a gut wrenching, emotional film which lays bare the pain of Korean division and the emotionally horrific situation that the three spies face. The entire movie is very good to great in both parts, with great acting, directing, story, fight scenes, and the set. Its not solidly a 5 star movie, but it rounds to 5. Overall, a great film.
March 7, 2014
3/5 A fun movie until it get's dead serious and confusing at the end. Well, the subtitles were pretty bad too so that might have been some of the problem. Still a good movie.
February 26, 2014
Absolutely love this movie! Kim Soo Hyun is an excellent actor and even though this movie broke my heart many times, it still finds ways to make me laugh and glued to the screen.
February 23, 2014
Kim Soo Hyun was amazing :) loved how it transitioned from funny and lighthearted to dark and heartwrenching. played ping pong with my feels. will rewatch.
January 7, 2014
This was at the NY Asian Film Festival.....but I didn't getto see it....Is it good?
½ October 30, 2013
Too bad the ending is so naive in this day and age but I guess it's supposed to be that way. Overall, the story was pretty good, engaging the audience on the characters.
September 21, 2013
awesome casts, but i don't really like the story. kinda boring, although in the end it's really sad :'(
½ September 5, 2013
Touching and interesting story. But i still want another type of ending.
August 18, 2013
I couldn't stop crying afterwards. I was crying probably ten or fifteen minutes before it ended.
It is literally one of the best movies I've ever seen. Every element of it was flawless. The acting was so believable and I grew very close to the characters. The scenes were so beautiful and just amped up the storyline, making it even more dramatically real for me.
I adored the leads so much and was rooting for them throughout the whole movie.
Even though it was two hours long, it went by so quickly but not so much so that I felt things were left out. I enjoyed every second and loathed when the credits started to roll.
I would watch it over and over until I could recite it line by line and still watch it again.
½ July 20, 2013
A big screen spy action-comedy, but unlike James Bond or Red 2 with lots of typical Korean melodrama and humanism. Western viewers will miss weapons of mass destruction and the state super powers they adore so much, and will dislike the last act. It's not Bedevilled, Shiri nor Berlin File. It's a star vehicle for prominent young actors, and based on a popular webcomics, that's why it broke all Korean opening records.