See This Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

See This Movie Reviews

May 13, 2011
One of those instances where the movie poster is more interesting than the actual movie, See This Movie bites the big one. The cast includes SNL head writer Seth Meyers, who belongs behind the Weekend Update desk where he can use his acerbic and bitter wit in the way that the moronic and plain scipt for this film couldn't touch. John Cho, always perfectly sardonic, plays a small part as a flilm producer underused, much like his role. Jessalyn Gilsig of Nip/Tuck and Glee fame puts on a lopsided French-Canadian accent while kissing every man she sees. The humor was benign, and uninspiring, while the concept merited a better written script. With the low budget of an indie flick I understand the need to make it semi-mockumentary, but this was a case of go big or go home, and the director couldn't choose between the two.
November 12, 2011
For some reason this movie doesn't feel as tedious as it should, and for that you have to give it credit. There's definitely enough amusement to make it worth watching.
October 6, 2011
It's the story of the making of a movie within a movie about a movie that doesn't actually exist.....and if you followed that you stand a good chance of actually liking this. The script and performances are both funny, and while the end result is basically a college film that managed to get produced by big-time people, that in no way keeps this from being a good film.
July 13, 2011
Though I knew they weren't going to have a finished product, I kept thinking that they would somehow get it done. Seth Meyers as Jake Barrymore was so lovely with all his familiar foibles and charm. And John Cho as Larry was also very believable. While it did give us a small look into what goes on behind the scenes of a film festival (a very small look), the film did not go anywhere beyond Barrymore's own self-absorbed obsession on being famous by cheating his way into the festival. But I think I'd rather watch a film within a film within a film than that dream within a dream within a dream etc.
May 25, 2011
Eh...It sucks. It could have potential but it was not good. The acting was very mediocre. I feel like the movie didn't even try.
½ July 27, 2009
So this movie won awards and it has John Cho, sounds worth watching. It's a documentary capturing an unscripted story of two friends trying to make a big hit movie. When one lies, the path to redemption is the truth. It was alright.
½ June 7, 2008
Not a bad movie. Pretty low budget, but thats not points against it. But with the low budget there was no heart to the movie... It was made with a flimsy idea.. Bu I still love John Cho...and I'm still indifferent about Seth Meyers.
October 7, 2007
If you are into independent films and the process and the festivals do just what the title suggests. If not, rent something else. This movie is about a filmmaker that cons his way into a film festival without a movie. It stars Seth Meyers as the confused, lying filmmaker and John Cho as his friend and producer.

It was entertaining. It wasn?t a great movie, but it held my attention for the whole time. My favorite part was when his female lead in his movie decides to leave the film business to sell drugs. Better a pusher than an actress. It made me laugh.
July 1, 2007
A funny idea, but it just gets dumber and dumber along the way. A movie about filmmakers that have no idea what they're doing done by filmmakers who appear to have no idea what they are doing. Maybe that was the point, either way, it wasn't very funny.
June 26, 2007
This movie had a great premise, but that's about all it had going for it. This is a mockumentary by that new guy from Saturday Night Live and that Asian guy from American Pie. It's about some horrible filmmakers that are trying to make a movie and get it into a film festival. The acting and story are kind of weak. The dialogue is actually not bad with a lot of good jokes thrown in there, but it feels like they're too far apart to really carry the film like they should. All in all, I ended up watching this and not feeling sorry for the main character, but instead just wanting his friends to finally beat him up because he's that much of a jerk.
April 5, 2007
Total hit and miss. This seems like the rough draft of a potentially funny movie. Cho with Meyers could be funny, right? Wrong. It offers an interesting premise, but everything in it appears unpolished from the acting to the jokes and ultimately cannot salvage itself in the end. A lackluster attempt at film making if I ever saw one. Do yourself a favor; if you happen to stumble upon this title, just walk the other way and don't look back.
February 11, 2006
Tough movie to rate, it is very funny at times, also quirky. I liked it, but have reservations. Sort of a mockumentary. Uneven. Held my interest.
½ December 26, 2012
This film could have had a lot more to make it funny throughout and really make inspiring film-makers connect with it. Where it failed to live up to both of those things, the documentary of a documentary filming technique, similar to Paper Heart, worked very well.
June 3, 2012
Dont see how this was made
½ March 12, 2007
Beginning was a little slow, but it was pretty funny.
January 7, 2012
0 stars. Metafiction has never been less ironic.
November 12, 2011
October 6, 2011
July 25, 2011
I watched this movie for the first time on an airplane. I couldn't stop laughing. Although Seth Meyer's character annoyed me in some points, it's wasn't that bad.
July 13, 2011