• R, 1 hr. 26 min.

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Seed Of Chucky Reviews

Lucas M

January 12, 2014
The script continue to be poor and amateur, but Seed of Chucky is great to watch. Very funny entertainment with a new interesting character: Glen (the title character), that present surprising question to his parents. Brad Dourif as Chucky, continue to make a great acting voice to this movie.
KJ P

September 25, 2010
This film makes no sense. The reason each character in this film returns is all kind of cynical and really got on my nerves throughout the picture. I honestly cannot find much about this film that I enjoyed rather than a few funny moments with their offspring "Glen or Glenda." "Seed of Chucky" has no idea what kind of film it wants to be and it is not scary even in the slightest. I felt like I was watching a dark sitcom about a family of dolls who murder people. This is not what a Chucky movie is supposed to be, nor any horror film for that matter. In the end, I will, as will everyone, forget about this film entirely, or just enough to explain to people how bad it is. It's not the worst Chucky instalment, but it's pretty damn bad.
blkbomb
blkbomb

June 4, 2012
Chucky: What's so great about being human? You get sick! You get old! As a doll, I'm infamous! I am Chucky! The killer doll!

"Fear The Second Coming"

Seed of Chucky is such a bad movie. What was once a good idea for a fun spoof is now devoid of anything cool or original. Sure, their still using the initial idea. Their spoofing the slasher genre by using killer dolls. There's tons of references to films like Psycho and The Shining; but the major film spoofed here is Glen & Glenda. Why you would want to spoof an Ed Wood movie is beyond me, but the result is Seed of Chucky, and that is not a good thing at all.

I liked the original, but by now the franchise had grown dull and lifeless. This film tries to be funny, and maybe it will get a few chuckles out of you. On the whole though, it is just a waste of time. The movie is obvious and seems like it was written by a fucked up twelve year old. You can feel how the director tried to pull a full length movie out of content that didn't deserve it. It comes in at a whopping 80 minutes, and even with such a short runtime; it feels stretched out and overlong.

Seed of Chucky is more annoying than it is clever. The initial idea for the original worked because of the cleverness of the character. What happens when you extend the life of any horror film character, is that the initial cleverness is lost and all of the characters traits become predictable norms. This movie isn't worth your time. You may have really liked the first couple and maybe you were able to bear "Bride", but this one just pushes the franchise off of a cliff.
Jason O

March 20, 2011
I hated "Bride of Chucky," even though I was always a big fan of the 3 original films in the "Child's Play" series, so I wasn't expecting much of this one. But it surprised me and was actually pretty good...some funny parts and entertaining kills.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

June 9, 2010
This I have to say that this is by far the worst entry of the series. It's purely a stupid film. Everything about this film suffers from almost everything that makes a bad Horror comedy. The jokes are stale, the acting is terrible, the directing is terrible, and it seems to me that the film makers tried too hard to make something funny, but ultimately failed. Seed Of Chucky is a perfect example of how not to make a Horror Comedy. I found myself frustrated after watching this film, because I wasted an hour and a half on it. This film makes other bad Horror Comedy films look good in comparison and is one of the worst Horror Comedies out there, do yourself a favour, skip this one. It's not even worth a rental, or a pirated download for that matter.
3niR
3niR

May 22, 2010
This is getting cheap. The first one was better.
Dean !

January 1, 2007
Not as good as the last one, Bride of, getting very odd and running out of ideas now! A bit more gory than the last few, but otherwise I bit of a mess all round. The 1st and the 3rd were the best ones.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 9, 2009
Chucky & co. This part of the Chucky trilogy was so much fun and alot of LOLs
Anthony L

September 30, 2009
What a bizarre film! It does have moments, some great moments, but the whole Jennifer Tilly playing herself thing is unforgivable, even if it was for 5 minutes but the whole film! It just went downhill, down the same seemingly inevitable path that all horror franchises seem to go. What?s next? A remake of the first film of course! Doh!
Cassandra M

August 30, 2009
I am a big fan of Chucky, i have been a fan on him ever since i was 6 years old. When I first saw this movie was going to be made, i thought it would be terrible. This film can just go to show you how wrong thoughts can be. I heard Glen was going to be in it. I thought he was going to be stupid at first, but i was wrong again.

Chucky was only in this movie for 30 mins. But, that didn't worry me at all. The other characters were interesting as well. No bad characters. just about everything you could ask for. Don Mancini did a great job at directing this movie.

This film had everything you could ask for. Glen was a very lovable character. Tiffany came back into it again. And Of course, Chucky! It had great actors in it. Jeniffer Tilly really helped this movie along with this movie. She plays a great part. And Introducing Billy Boyd. He played a great character. And Brad Dourif returns as Chucky again! This film is definitely for the Chucky fans. If you are not a Chucky fan, then you should not watch this film under any circumstances. This movie also had hilarious bits in it. Such as Britney Spears getting rammed off a cliff. If you are a humungous Chucky fan like me, you will not be disappointed at all.
Luke B

June 20, 2008
Continues to be heavier on humour and does well. Funny in places with some genuine side splitters. The killings are nothing new but the child of Chucky is used to good effect having the parents try and change their sadistic ways. A very dysfunctional family in a film with one of the most bizarre casts around. Jennifer Tilly plays herself, we also have rapper Redman, director John Waters, 2 cast members from Lord of the Rings and an ex member of S Club 7. All do well in this film that refuses to take itself seriously.
Bobby H

December 19, 2007
There was some funny parts, and some okay new killings. It's worth a watch, maybe two if your bored. But comparable to the rest of the series, this is the one that has probably finally killed this doll, for good.
Emily A

June 30, 2006
This movie gets points for the scene with Jason Flemyng and the reference to Ed Wood's movie, but not much else about this was very well done. I hated Tiffany and Glen wasn't much better, but I like the way Chucky has become so happy in his little plastic body, but this movie is not very funny or scary.
Dr Blood

June 21, 2007
Even though the sequels have been heading this way, I didn't expect "Seed of Chucky" to be a comedy! I also didn't expect it to be quite so good. Jennifer Tilly is excellent, as is the puppetry, and everyone did a fantastic job. There's loads of satire about Hollywood and horror buff in-jokes, plus all the obligatory cameos. It was the perfect end to the "Child's Play" series.
Lafe F

June 12, 2007
Messed up doll family! Chucky and Tiffany have a baby doll, but it gets taken away from them to the circus. Their kid is a freaky little Brit punk-haired Bowie-esque unstable dolly, who must find them. I had to laugh various times throughout the movie at the freakiness of the whole situation. The doll family get themselves in with the weird Hollywood crowd and cause some human suffering. The killings aren't very memorable, but the disembowelment of the guy under the glass table was okay. The story jumps from one impossibilty to another. I didn't care much whether the doll family got along to the end. But I got some laughs from some of the sick jokes in this forgettable film.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 11, 2007
they just keep getting worse
Michael G

October 6, 2006
Trashy fun.
Sophie B

July 23, 2006
this was great!
it wasnt scary but funny!
Dillon L

October 12, 2010
Seed of Chucky tries to accomplish the humor/horror genre again with mixed results.
LINDSEY DUNN
LINDSEY DUNN

August 11, 2011
'Seed of Chucky' is the campiest of the series and begins with a very frightening opener, only to be revealed as a dream sequence. The film then goes from campy, to strange, to downright wrong!