RT on DVD: Transformers, Starship Troopers To Invade; Avoid Jessica Alba's Eye

Summary

Look out! Starship Troopers and Transformers are about to assault your senses in HD, and soon you can choose Harold and Kumar's adventures. This week's new releases are mostly stinkers (The Eye, Semi-Pro), but Dirty Harry's got your back with a fantastic new box set. Are you feeling lucky, punk? Back to Article

Comments

Gotham-iz-Ashez

Kevin Styp

Tranformers! Starship Troopers! Wait, what?

Jun 2 - 05:09 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Im definately looking foward to Transformers on Blu-Ray. I couldnt say that for Starship Troopers 3, which will probably be funny. I wonder what the unrated version of Harold and Kumar 2 will be like. I really want to get The Dirty Harry box set on Blu Ray sometime this week. Im gonna rent Control (which I have been really looking foward to), I think it comes in my netflix tomorrow. Maybe I will check out the UNRATED version of Semi Pro to see if it as an improvemant, because it sucked when I saw in theatures. -STILL NO NEWS ON THE DARK CITY'S DIRECTOR'S CUT

Jun 2 - 05:29 PM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

Dark City? Director's Cut? The?? Where did you hear of this?

Jun 2 - 11:37 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Theyve been talking about a Director's Cut for that for years, they finnaly set a date for JULY 29. It has 15 minutes more footage added to it, they took out the opening narraration, they improved some special effects, new music, roger ebert has a commentary track on it. Its going to coe out on Blu Ray too.

Jun 3 - 08:52 AM

Mishmerized

Jonas Mieschbuehler

I wish this starship troopers was the 2nd cause they stuffed up the that one bigtime, they released it before it got a big enough cult fan base and offcourse not including Casper Van Dien and hardly any of the supporting cast! Now this will be bad......but maybe hilarious!

Jun 2 - 06:35 PM

Jen Yamato

Jen Yamato

jokerboy, I highly recommend Control. Glad it caught your eye!

Jun 2 - 06:36 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Yeah thanks! I think I first heard about it when you wrote about, im excited about seeing it. Also this totally off topi but deals with Dvds, but do you guys possibly think you could look into a story of an extended version of Spiderman 3 supposedly coming out?- I read about it once, and I know they cut out alot of cool footage, do you think you guys could look into that and possibly the Dark City's Director's Cut? Thanks again for recomending Control!

Jun 2 - 08:27 PM

kooks25

noel ortiz

Control and..... Yeah. That's pretty much it.

Jun 2 - 06:37 PM

the whole idea

MooN AlAn

ok that's it!!! the only reason i'm going to REBUY transformers is for micheal bay// at least he fought for this out on blu-ray when it was first realased on hd-dvd(what a joke that was) i wanted the movie so i went standard thinking it would not be realeased on blu-ray for quite some time.. if all these movie company's want us to convert so readily they need to release the blu-ray when the stadard def comes out cuz' i'm tired of rebuying the same movies over and over with special ed or dir. cuts or high def. every single time// i do not buy standard anymore cuz sooner or later they put it out on blu-ray// good thing i waited and was patient for there will be blood // it came out months ago on standard and just this week is coming out on blu/// ggggrrrrr!!!! signed: one angry rebuying schmuck!!!

Jun 2 - 06:58 PM

Silverevilchao

Silver The Evil Chao

STOP MAKING STARSHIP TROOPERS MOVIES!!!!!

You're going to make Heinlein rise from the grave and kill every last one of you.

Jun 2 - 07:12 PM

the whole idea

MooN AlAn

c'mon that movie about another dead rocker dude// nobody even new who joy division was over here til' they had already become new order// no wonder it's going strait to dvd// rent sid and nancy again and call it a day!!

Jun 2 - 07:12 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Control came out in theatures in like October, it was actually suppose to be really good.

Jun 2 - 08:24 PM

thereign

lance berry

Another Starship Troopers?! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

However, animated Tinkerbell's looking sort of shapely. Disney should release an "adults only" version with The Tink topless...I'd be there.

:-P

Jun 2 - 07:42 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Definately the sauciest Disney creation, but not to sound sexist or anything, but I think it'll ruin the mystique if she talks. Used to date a girl that played Tinkerbell at Disney in Orlando. Unfortunately she wasn't nearly as interesting out of costume, but que sera sera.

Jun 3 - 08:44 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jun 2 - 08:24 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jun 2 - 08:27 PM

T45Red

Mitchell Nash

Yeah, I too was wondering about the Director's Cut for Spider-Man 3. I signed a petition and everything and have heard rumors of it being released soon but never actually any real dates or confirmations. I would really like to buy it when it comes out, seeing as how lackluster the original version was compared to the other 2 films, which I loved. Hopefully these additional scenes will add some credibility to the film; if not, then at least I get to see all those extra scenes I've been drooling over XD! Also, Steven Seagal in that trailer was hilarious. "I don't think you have the balls." Awesome.

Jun 2 - 09:11 PM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

Dark City? Director's Cut? The?? Where did you hear of this?

Jun 2 - 11:37 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jun 3 - 08:52 AM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

I'm sold on Control. It's sitting there somewhere on my Queue.

Jun 3 - 03:36 AM

Gotham-iz-Ashez

Kevin Styp

Transformers is awesome. By the way have you guys heard about Michael Mann's new epic, Public Enemies starring Christian Bale and Johnny Depp. I'm working behind-the-scenes on it with other prooducers, well, actually I'm just bringing coffee to the cast members but still.

Jun 3 - 03:45 AM

flamingbagofpoo

Nate Baustad

haha. Someone isn't paying attention. Control wasn't a straight to DVD release.

Jun 3 - 06:47 AM

whiskeyriver

Rye O.

Nobody SAID Control was straight to DVD. It's just coming OUT on DVD this week. And it was excellent.

Jun 3 - 07:12 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Jun 3 - 08:44 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

The Eye didn't win one award. In fact, it wasn't nominated for one award. Not one. That's right.

Jun 3 - 08:45 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Jun 3 - 08:52 AM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office