70% The Equalizer Sep 26

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Septem8er Tapes Reviews

Cynthia S

April 4, 2012
An interesting idea, but it is delivered in that fake documentary, shakey, hand-held video camera style. Good footage of the Afghanistan/Pakistan countryside, and some pretty good combat scenes...but the entire reason that he was supposed to be there was lost to me. Had he lost his mind? All he really accomplished was to be the cause of more senseless killings. I have to say, though, that I was left with a sickened feeling after watching this..even knowing all along that it wasn't real.
May 9, 2008
Forget all those crappy anti-american movies that they are making now. Watch this and see the reason. Don't drink the conspiracy Kool-Aid.
April 4, 2012
interesting premise. I'll give it points for a ballsy approach, but its a cheap one. with not much else going for it- repeating itself over and over. These guys are passionate about what happened on 9/11, either they are exploiting it or they are taking a mumbling, shouting approach.
April 4, 2012
intense and gfriend was on the edge of her seats up until last sentence when she said she figured it out it was make believe...... Yeh Right!
RJSchlotter
April 4, 2012
One of my favorite movies of all time believe it or not. This movie draws you in from the beginning, and since it is films on location in the Middle East, you find yourself forgetting that it is a mockumentary and not a documentary. Mocku/Documentaries are my favorite genre, and this is one of the best.. When I go to rent a movie I intentionally skip past the major titles to the bottom shelf to find gems like this..
travelingcub
April 4, 2012
It's the Blair witch project meets the war on terror. An American journalist travels to Afghanistan one year after the 9/11 attacks to find the real answers on how the war on terror is going and to get close to Osama bin Laden. The film felt very real and had a high level of tension that keeps building until the final frame.
zerohero
[size=6][color=black]september tapes[/color][/size]
i dont understand why the critics hated this movie ,i loved it
it wasn't bad it was really quite entertaining ,rent it if you see it at the video store ,the end is what makes the movie
Academock
[b]DVD[/b] First Viewing, 1 Johnston film seen

Christian Johnston was interviewed about his film [i]September Tapes[/i] on cable news back around the time of its theatrical release. I was amazed at how much the anchors were not allowing him to speak. Basically, he was able to provide viewers with a brief synopsis of his film along with a few seconds of how they made it. He was constantly interrupted and couldn't really finish a complete thought (aka a sentence). Because of this mishap, I was really looking forward to his film. I thought he would offer some insight into the war on terror. But that's not what I got. What I got was [i]The Blair Witch Project[/i] starring Antonio Sabato, Jr.

The main character is this macho American guy who illegally travels to Afghanistan to personally track down the terrorists who caused the American phenomenon known as 9/11. He is a typical American guy - putting his balls on the line instead of his brain. He won't admit that the terrorists could have any possible reasons for committing the actions they did. It sounds semi-interesting, I know. That's why I rented it.

It is filmed much like [i]The Blair Witch Project[/i], claiming to be a documentary but is indeed staged. The voice-over is rather annoying, and although the characters may represent the American image, they were too annoying to actually watch. It's a shame, because a film like this could have reached a larger audience if it weren't so hard to watch.
moviebuff18cab
SEPTEMBER TAPES (2004)
jazza923
April 4, 2012
IT TRIES AND ALMOST SUCCEEDS, BUT I JUST DIDN'T BUY IT.
February 20, 2011
This was an awesome film. A very cool idea.