Serial Killing 101 Reviews

½ September 29, 2010
Preditable and the endig is so very lame. It has some nice stock footage though.
August 26, 2012
Featuring a variety of washed up stars (Lisa Loeb, Thomas Haden Chrush, Corey Feldman, etc.), Serial Killing 101 is horror-comedy that never quite fully delivers on the horror or the laughs. Despite its pointlessness and idiocy, it was still a moderately entertaining piece of garbage...
August 3, 2012
"It seems like she's into murder and stuff. She was wearing a Charles Manson tee shirt in the library and she was reading a book about killers, so I got a bunch of them. Chicks love these guys."-Casey Noland (Justine Urich)

Thomas Hayden Church steals the show as a hard up, fast talking gym teacher. Corey Feldmen has a sweet cameo and Lisa Leob was nice to look at for an hour and a half. A great indie and a rockin' heavy/death metal soundtrack.
½ January 29, 2007
Wasnt the kinda movie I expected Thomas Haden Church to be starring in. Movie was mostly predictable but had its moments.. Lisa Loebs hot.
December 1, 2008
cheese factor is extremely high in this one! very funny so it gets 4 outta 5
September 14, 2008
so bad its good, and has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard
Liloh
June 19, 2008
Wow haven`t seen Corey Feldman Movies ages now. And besides sounds a great Horror Movie.
½ May 31, 2008
This is actually a little better than I thought it was going to be. Still, it sucks... but it has its moments... I guess I could say is a half decent B-rated movie. The acting is surprisingly good, I mean the cast was well-chosen. Justin Ulrich is actually really sweet as Casey Noland. Lisa Loeb plays a girl half her age and the amazing thing SHE GETS AWAY WITH IT! If I didn't know who she is I would never think she is over 30, much less that she was 10 years older than Ulrich. A especially, Thomas Haden Church, gives an impressive performance. His character is probably the most complicated and definitely the best portrayed. The plot has a very promising premise, I mean as much as I knew this wasn't gonna be good I just had to watch it when I read what it was about! Shamefully... it falls flat, still it has funny moments and gasp worthy ones. If one has a morbid sense of humor one might be able to laugh sometimes, but it's really not awesome at all.
½ June 7, 2007
A decent horror-comedy movie starring Justin Ulrich, Lisa Loeb and Thomas Haden Church...surprising casting choices there, especially in Church's sense...although this WAS before Spider-Man III and Sideways, so I guess he was getting his feet wet in the world of movies.

A movie that can make fun of itself is something I admire. They didn't take themselves seriously, they just sat back and let the laughs and murders happen. A decent B-rated horror flick.
June 18, 2007
I thought it was kinda cool deffinatley interesting.
June 1, 2007
Pretty Sweet. Especially Thomas Haden Church scenes and the day-dreaming ones.
April 15, 2007
Fricken hilarious. Not what I expected.
April 7, 2007
LOVED this movie. Casey was too cute to be scary and Lisa Loeb played a girl half her age! Woohoo! Maybe I can still get into a Harry Potter film....? Honestly, if you have a wacked sense of humor, you should see this at least once or maybe a few times. :)
Hellshocked
½ March 20, 2007
A promising premise is quickly denied the opportunity to even come close to fulfilling its potential in this horror-comedy film which is not too strong on the comedy and even less on the horror.

Lisa Loeb is hot, and at the ripe old age of 37 managed to convincingly play a 17 year old, seeming no less out of place than the average 25 year old playing a high schooler in films of the genre. Thoams Haden Church is ridiculous, hillarious and almost singlehandedly responsable for keeping the film watcheable. The rest of the cast is forgettable, neither terrible nor wonderful. The direction is bland, tepid and the soundtrack is fucking awful and way, way overused.

That the film is ultimately forgettable is a shame, because it raises some genuinely interesting ideas. Once the lead begins to do his research on serial killers in order to act more like them, for instance, his grades go up, his teachers congratulate him and his mother stops worrying as he is now a polite, clean-cut young man in the mold of Ted Bundy. This idea could have been pushed, explored to great satirical hillarity but the film pretty much mentions it in passing. Ultimately, for all its bluster, it is quite a tame piece which lacks the courage of its convictions.
March 2, 2007
Lisa Loeb as the psuedo-goth chick who wants to be Casey's first victim...
½ January 4, 2007
So utterly horrid, except for Thomas Hayden Church, who is a crack-up.
nuheart
½ January 1, 2007
Took me more than halfway through this one to realize the director thought he was making a comedy. It's not even so-bad-it's-funny -- it's not funny at all, just bad.
December 29, 2006
A funny black comedy!
½ December 9, 2006
Pretty bad, pretty terrible, pretty horrible. Do I need to say anymore then that?
November 27, 2006
I liked this movie. Yeah, OK, it may not be a scary movie, but really, it wasn't aiming to be. This is much more of a Comedy than a Horror, and everyone that rents this should be aware of that. Despite the low-budget and the grainy quality, you really don't care about it-(unlike the really bad low-budget movies, where you ask yourself if it is just the quality that makes a movie look so bad ^_^). The directing is pretty pedestrian, and the film strarts with predictabity and tedium begins to set in within the first 15 minutes. However, after the seemingly pointless 15 minutes of basically nothing, it starts to go straight for the jugular when it comes to jokes. Some are funny, some not so funny. One scene that comes to mind is the HARDWARE SCENE featuring Corey Feldman in a small cameo which he quite clearly enjoys, which is truly funny.

Justin Ulrich, puts in a competent beleivable performance as disillusioned serial killer Casey Noland and Thomas Haden Church is fantastic as the nasty Gym teacher. However, people that watch this movie only to see Corey Feldman, should be warned, although they give him 3rd star billing. He is only in it for approximately 2 minutes as a strange enthuiastic hardware store clerk-(having said that, those 2 minutes get the biggest laughs).