Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird Reviews

November 20, 2011
A movie I watched probably two million times as a child, I am now able to pass it on to my daughter. Hilarious performances from Dave Thomas and Joe Flaherty and a huge list of great cameos. This is one of the essential kid's movies.
February 12, 2007
This was one of my absolute favorite movies when I was little and I still love it. I haven't seen it in a while so hopefully it'll still be great when I see it again. Yup...still awesome!
½ May 15, 2011
Just like the Muppets Movies and Toy Story franchise, Follow The Bird is a good exemple of a cute and sentimental message of importance to have friends. Ken Kwapis made in is picture your best work until now.
September 6, 2010
A hilarious and cute kids movie that the whole family can enjoy. I loved this as a kid.
michael e.
½ January 13, 2011
You can't possibly hate on the muppets, or sesame street, you have to admit everybody, and i mean everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY, yes you too reading this comment, yeah im talking to you, grew up with sesame street They ARE childhood
½ August 10, 2010
I vaguely remember this as a favorite film as a toddler, so I was delighted to find it on Netflix Instant Watch. Though extraordinarily arbitrary at times, you can't help but admit that this film really is quite fun. In the end, the typical, wholesome message you expect from the Sesame Street TV show shines through. Family films don't get much better than this.
December 9, 2009
One of my favorites from childhood. AWH!!! Also has a few fun/beautiful songs. "Will you shine on my someone, are we sharing your light?" : )
½ April 25, 2007
I grew up watching Sesame Street and when they made this movie, I was blown away. I watched this many times when I was growing up and I could never get tired of it.

I really enjoyed how many of the characters had their own modes of transporation when searching for Big Bird. Supergrover flew, Oscar had his Sloppy Jalopy, Count had his dracula car, Bert and Ernie had their plane, and how can you forget that little yellow Volkswagon Beetle.

If you grew up loving Sesame Street you will definitely enjoy this movie.
½ January 30, 2013
The Sesame Street gang makes their big screen debut in the children's film Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird. After Big Bird attempts to live with a bird family, he grows homesick for Sesame Street and tries to finds his way back with the help of some friends. Aside from the usual Sesame Street characters, there are featured cameo performances from Chevy Chase, Dave Thomas, Sandra Bernhard, and John Candy. Overall the film is rather bland, and the comedy's quite tame. Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird has some fun moments and some interesting characters, but it's held down by an overly simplistic story that's not very engaging.
½ July 24, 2008
I used to rent this all the time at Blockbuster... over and over. This one and Unico, Island of Magic. They were my favorite.
July 29, 2012
One of the best adaptations of a children's television series, "Follow That Bird" is a film I grew up with as a kid and still remember huge portions of the film to this day, making it memorable, even after more than a decade. A perfect showcase of the television show, Sesame Street, this film is reminiscent of The Muppets in all of the greatest ways.
½ February 1, 2008
Definitely remember this from the younger years.
August 9, 2010
I never remembered this movie to be so funny or have such great lines. It was good to revisit it again.
June 22, 2010
I really like this cavalcade of stars and muppets that is Follow that Bird. I'm lucky enough to have it on video, and I recommend it to anyone with kids.
December 16, 2009
A pretty cute movie with many different cameos. It was kind of amusing and it was cool seeing all the characters like Bert, Ernie, Gonzo and the Count. Of course the star of the movie Big Bird was kind of fun as well. A fun little movie for the kids.
February 14, 2008
i love this movie its one of my all time favorites i love you big bird!!!!!!!! and guess what i just watched it to and i still love it and im 20 so ya i love it
½ January 25, 2008
A time before Elmo when Cookie Monster could eat as many cookies as he wanted (as well as cars) and everybody thought Snuffy was just in Big Bird imagination.
January 19, 2008
I love this movie, my daughter loves this movie and my cousins love this movie! It was also one of the first Ice Capades I ever saw.
August 11, 2007
Fond childhood memories. Plus cameos from Chevy Chase, Waylon Jennings, and John Candy. Great for the whole family.
July 30, 2007
Who would think a movie based on a show aimed at toddler's could be so appealing for the entire family? The celebrity guests add so much. Great songs too!