David Fincher Tackling The Killer for Paramount

Pitt to produce.

Whenever they've collaborated in the past, David Fincher and Brad Pitt have been rewarded with critical and commercial success -- so why not do it again?

According to Variety, the director and star of Seven, Fight Club, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button are teaming up again -- sort of. Pitt's Plan B Entertainment is producing The Killer, a graphic novel adaptation to be directed by Fincher and released by Paramount. From the article:

Allesandro Camon will write the script, about a top assassin suddenly plagued by his conscience and a highly competent cop hot on his tail.

The graphic novel was written by Matz, whose real name is Alexis Nolent. The author works for Ubisoft, one of France's biggest videogame companies. Luc Jacamon illustrated the novel, which was originally published in France in 1988 by Casterman and debuted in the U.S. as a 10-issue series published by Archaia Studio Press.

For a taste of the Matz Killer books, click on the second link below to watch a Flash series based on the story!

Source: Variety
Source: The Killer

Comments

Heath H.

Heath Huxall

Wow, I've never heard of 'The Killer' before until I clicked on that link, but after watching the intro and first two episodes- This is screaming David Finchers name! Fincher is my favorite film-maker, and I'm about to have an orgasm!

Nov 2 - 06:56 AM

rerun717

Jim La Rose

Really like this series and Fincher being attached as director only makes it better. Big win.

Nov 2 - 07:45 AM

stevegilpin

Steven Gilpin

Does this have anything to do with John Woo's The Killer with Chow-Yun Fat? That was a pretty cool movie. Either way, I'm stoked. Personally, I think my favorite Fincher movies are Zodiac and Fight Club.

Nov 2 - 07:46 AM

Oblivioncry

Danish Shaikh

the idea does sound like John Woo's The Killer. But i dont think Fincher is going to make a all-out-gun-blazing-pigeons-flying-never-reloading-action film

Nov 2 - 08:28 AM

Bloody Mathias

Mathias N/A

Brad Pitt David Fincher = Cinematic Gold.

They made two of the best movies of the '90s so they know how to make quality dark flicks that'll have people talking and re-watching for years and years and years.

Nov 2 - 09:26 AM

Nine Oh Two

Nine Oh Two .

I think that Fincher is one of the greatest working directors and all,don't get me wrong, but I just can't stand all the fanboys out there that swear by Fightclub.
Sure, it was an excellent movie, but most of the people who praise it have no idea what it means.
Looks like a couple of these fools are on this post, getting all excited because they think Fincher is about to do an all out action movie - I think not. Cmon people, this is an adaptation of a french novel, think existentialism, not gunplay.

Nov 2 - 10:09 AM

Oblivioncry

Danish Shaikh

why would anyone who thinks fincher might do a action movie ever even click on the news?

Nov 2 - 10:22 AM

rerun717

Jim La Rose

Well, it's not a French novel- it's a graphic novel. I have the first 6 issues of the comic and seeing what was done with Zodiac, he will do an excellent job with this. I'd like to see Clive Owen in the title role (it stated Pitt is only producing), but then again I'd like to see Clive Owen in every title role. But Mark Ruffalo could do really well too.

Nov 2 - 01:34 PM

Oblivioncry

Danish Shaikh

Nov 2 - 10:22 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I've never heard of The Killer before, but it sounds interesting. And I will watch anything Fincher does.

Nov 2 - 10:48 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

And when the hell is Benjamin Button coming out? I heard a while ago that it was coming out at the end of this year, which I know is no longer true.

Nov 2 - 10:52 AM

kenekgo

David Blandino

When is Torso coming out?

Nov 2 - 12:00 PM

stoober

mike stauber

Fincher is one of the best directors out there right now, and i love that he does so quietly. People don't recognize his name and he just consistently turns out quality work. I'll watch anything he directs.

Nov 2 - 12:37 PM

harrismonkey

chris harris

Re Torso, I had a feeling when the announcement was made by McFarlane that they'd jumped the gun there (just like when they announced the Clive Barker Tortured souls movie- which doesn't seem to be happening either). Fincher was after all already doing Zodiac and committed to doing Benjamin Button after.

How often do film makers really lock them selves in for three films in a row?

I'm sure Torso is still possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Besides, do we really need a third Fincher serial killer movie? There'd really be no where to go except down after Se7en and Zodiac (which already probably was a small step down).

Nov 2 - 01:01 PM

kubla

Steve Khang

Fincher is a master flim maker. I can't think of another director whose DVD commentaries are almost as entertaining as his films.

Nov 2 - 01:07 PM

rerun717

Jim La Rose

Nov 2 - 01:34 PM

Goosemagnetic

Mike Gainer

why did you put a picture of Seven on it? I was hoping for a prequel.

Nov 2 - 01:47 PM

Young Turk

Joe Massino

This is already in the bag. Way to go Fincher!

Nov 2 - 02:06 PM

SubmarineChannel

Remco Vlaanderen

We produced the interactive online graphic novel of The Killer already 5 years ago. The online version is based on the actual artwork by Jacamon.

Nov 8 - 08:22 AM

moviebuff#1

Connor Botko

This film should be another visual and stunning feature film by one of Hollywood's best directors David Fincher.

Jan 6 - 09:37 AM

RhapsodicInk M.

RhapsodicInk Mark

i think people forget he directed alien 3...

May 17 - 04:14 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships