Seventh Son

——

Tomatometer Predictions

58%
The Spook books do not adapt well into movies
Luke Dobson
07-13-2013 09:11 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Parker Richmond

Parker Richmond

53%

Aug 20 - 06:06 PM

Brandon McGee

Brandon McGee

Eh, this film could be anywhere for me. Hell, I was one of the very few people who LIKED Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. But I expect this film to end up with a 20%.

Jul 25 - 12:57 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

31%

Jul 15 - 07:49 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

"It may spark interesting visuals and eye candy, but "Seventh Son" is highly derivative, almost apologetically, distracting audiences from the originality it imposes."

Sep 17 - 10:47 AM

James Adams

Adam Pass

In hae to sa this is going to get the "Season of the Witch" plus 'Hansel and Gretal: Witch Hunters' rating and so i'm going to say this is going to be 13-27% that's as high as I can go with it

Jul 15 - 05:20 PM

k c.

k c

Technically it isn't even from the Spook series. Literally the only thing that is the same from the books is the characters names. Pretty much everything else in the movie (or trailer at this point) doesn't happen in the books. Basically the studio liked what the series brought to the table, but didn't care for a young kid being trained. With such a massive budget, I guess they ultimately thought that alone wouldn't be able to stand on its own and be successful. I'd say it makes sense seeing as the actual series isn't very well known to most people. Its not like Harry Potter where a kid being trained could actually be pulled off because that series was massive and very well known. This series, not so much. It's probably why the Sorcerer's Apprentice failed.

Jul 15 - 02:02 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile