94% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Shall We Dance Reviews

Luis R.
July 3, 2014
Once again Hollywood's McDonaldization of a great film fails miserably.
June 16, 2014
Paulina (Jennifer Lopez): The rumba is the vertical expression of a horizontal wish.

This was kind of cute although I've seen the original Japanese version and that film was absolutely endearing. Richard Gere's John Clark was cool and he had splendid chemistry with his on-screen wife, played by the uber sexy Susan Sarandon. Jennifer Lopez was an excellent dancer but her acting skills left much to be desired. Stanley Tucci was awesome as usual and his portrayal of Link was absolutely hilarious. The rest of the supporting cast were pretty good as well and I got a kick out of seeing Tony Dovolani (as "Slick Willy") and Karina Smirnoff (as Link's pouty dance partner) from "Dancing with the Stars" and also Mya, as Vern's fiancée they made a super cute on-screen couple. Overall, this was a pretty good film, but the original Japanese version was still better.
Face of Canada
May 23, 2010
Insipid and predictable, Shall We Dance has its moments, but quite frankly the dude the movie's about creeps me out: going dancing (which isn't bad), to regain some kind of sense of self-confidence (or something like that), all while discreetly hitting on the dance teacher for no reason. Weird...
April 23, 2014
"Shall We Dance" benefits from the charming performances from Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez, and Susan Sarandon who give this film the requisite energy like its impressive dance sequences. Despite its feel good appeal, the film plays things too safe and does not delve into any deeper or cultural context.
January 29, 2014
This movie is all right, but something tells me the original is even better.
December 21, 2013
good remake of the 1995 Japanese pic of the same name
November 25, 2013
I really like this movie. Richard Gere is wonderful as always as a guy dealing with unhappiness and restlessness. Starts taking Ballroom Dancing lessons and keeps it a secret from his wife, Susan Sarandon. Stanley Tucci and Bobby Cannavale are also in it and are very funny! Has a wonderful ending.
March 25, 2012
Too simplistic of an American remake, unfortunately.
June 13, 2011
This was a really nice, feel-good movie, the dancing was great. I'm glad the story didn't take the turn I was fearing. Richard Gere was spectacular in one of his usual lovable characters. Stanley Tucci was hilarious, I just love that guy.
January 21, 2013
A movie about man's search for a sense of happiness in dancing. Sweet and okay.
January 8, 2013
MOM how dare you make me watch this?!
gmilanes11
January 6, 2013
This was a really nice, feel-good movie, the dancing was great. I'm glad the story didn't take the turn I was fearing. Richard Gere was spectacular in one of his usual lovable characters. He just got an irresistible.. something. Stanley Tucci was hilarious, I just love that guy.
December 15, 2012
To find something you're passionate about at any age is truly a blessing. Oh how I miss dancing!
December 5, 2012
muy pedorra, super aburrida. Se nota que es remake.
November 8, 2012
Surprisingly one of the best dance movies I have seen.
October 27, 2012
I like the Chinese version even though I had to read the sub titles it was better than this one Sorry Julia
October 19, 2012
the originals are always better
October 18, 2012
A reliably fun dance film highlighted by Tucci's performance and Lopez's instruction of how to dance the rhumba.
October 16, 2012
Excellent movie, Must see on Blu-Ray to appreciate....
October 20, 2007
Delightfully entertaining, with great casts like lopez, gere n sarandon.