Total Recall: Deadly Sea Creatures

Summary

As we approach Labor Day weekend, it's time to say goodbye to summer -- and thanks to director David R. Ellis (The Final Destination), we get to bid it adieu in the most appropriate fashion: by lining up to watch scantily clad twentysomethings futilely splash around in abject terror while trying to escape from bloodthirsty sharks. Yes, that's right, it's time for Shark Night 3D, and to celebrate its finny arrival, we decided to devote this week's list to Hollywood's hunters of the deep. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, it's time for Total Recall -- Deadly Sea Creatures edition! Back to Article

Comments

King  S.

King Simba

For a momment I thought they were going to exclude the squid from 20000 Leagues Under The Sea, which was one of my childhood favourites (watching it recently I was surprised how well some of the effects held up for a film nearly 60 years old) though my favourite sea creature movie would have to be Jaws. It avoided so many of the pitfalls that most creature features fall into with great characters that you actually care about as opposed to simply being just being victim #1, victim #2, etc, memorable dialogue, and because most of the time we didn't see it, a creature that actually felt real.

Sep 1 - 03:39 AM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

Wisenheimer. I do what I like.

Sep 1 - 04:13 AM

That Random Albino Kid

Dominic Dold

RT you have failed me once again. PUT MEGA SHARK VS. SHARKTOPUS ON HERE. It is the greatest film of all time! I have loved every minute and you have crushed my dreams of it being on here. SHAME ON YOU!

Sep 1 - 04:41 AM

Dean W.

Dean Wirth

The Host is classic, Godzilla and Beast from 20 000 Fathoms and Creature from the Black Lagoon too. Not a big fan of Jaws though

Sep 1 - 05:00 AM

dewright23

Don Wright

Same here, I loved Jaws. My sister worked at a theater when I was 11 and it came out. I saw it once at another theater, then it moved to hers. I went to work with her every day and saw it 4 or 5 times day. I counted I saw it 110 times at the theater, and who knows how many since then on VHS and DVD.

Sep 1 - 05:50 AM

Bradley J.

Bradley J

Loved Jaws haven't seen any others but what about Pirahna even though they aren't from the sea.

Sep 1 - 06:38 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Report Abuse!!!!

Sep 1 - 07:28 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

Thanks Gordon :) We'll see.

Sep 1 - 01:34 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Hollywood already remade Godzilla (from the makers of Independence Day), yet . . . Hollywood is remaking it again--I hope in the new remake of a remake (it seems) that Godzilla resembles the "real Godzilla."

Sep 1 - 07:33 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Super 8 and 8mm . . . I used to project the Super 8 movies on my bedroom wall; and when we used to visit my grandmother, I used to project Laurel and Hardy movies on a Silva-Lite screen. Life Before VCRs.

Sep 1 - 07:36 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Orca!!!!!I love the score by Ennio Morricone and Carol Conners doing the vocals!

Sep 1 - 07:39 AM

Justin D.

Justin D.

Give it some time, I'm sure it's in the works. Hollywood has shown they'll remake anything if they think it'll make a few dollars. It'll most likely be changed to follow teens and it'd be in 3D.

Sep 1 - 07:40 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

JAWS is my favorite film . . . even though The Omega Man is the best movie ever made in the history of cinema!

Sep 1 - 08:29 AM

Peter W.

Peter Winters

That and Freddy Got Fingered

Sep 1 - 10:11 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

L'ULTIMO SQUALO is the Best Shark Movie!

The Shark Eats The Mayor, The Helicopter, and The Pilot ALL IN THE SAME BITE!!!!

---

Shark Night looks Horrible . . . especially since there are sharks in Fresh Water.

I know "me" and I know that I will be disappointed if I see Shark Night in the theater.

---

JEFF GILES!!!!! (good one with the real-life prehistoric shark).

Sep 1 - 08:34 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

actually the Shark attacks in New Jersey in 1916 had an incident where The Shark went into an estuary.

Sep 1 - 05:27 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

In addition to this, Gojira (Godzilla) Dubbed for America not only translated the Japanese to English but Butchered entire scenes and Super imposed a White Actor into the MIX. To compare the original Gojira to its english translation counter part Godzilla is like comparing apples to Origins. They are two very different stories.

Yeah I wish they would just leave Godjira alone.

Sep 1 - 08:38 AM

John D.

John Doe

Yeah, I presumed Piranha 3D was gonna be on there. Good silly fun, and better than Deep Blue Sea (or whatever the one where Jackson dies from the shark is).

Sep 1 - 10:01 AM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast