Sharpe's Sword - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sharpe's Sword Reviews

½ November 4, 2012
Sean Bean is Sharpe.
April 12, 2012
What I found impressive about this episode was the ensemble cast. Sean Bean obviously led as Sharpe. focused on taking the sword of Colonel Leroux, the French‚(TM)s best spy attempting to kill El Mirador, the English‚(TM)s best spy. Sharpe is also looking after a young woman who has become mute following the murder of several nuns, which allows him to demonstrate a caring side, with Emily Mortimer acting very well without even a word. Leroux made an interesting enemy, and allowed several interesting fight scenes, including the final sword fight to the death.

Harper is shown to try and find Sharpe when his body is taken to the Morgue, and his show of loyalty was very impressive. But also, the Rifleman Perkins takes centre stage by using his literacy skills to unravel a encoded message, as well as Hagman showing a loyalty with a comment hinting back to the first ever episode, in order to help Sharpe heal. I was impressed by James Purefoy as well, his charisma making him very appealing, and I‚(TM)d almost have liked him to have appeared in one or two more episodes.

The book was very high quality, and the film upholds just as well :)
June 8, 2010
All around great performances by the regular cast and the guest stars. One of my favorite in the series so far.
½ April 18, 2010
One of the best of the series
March 5, 2009
Frå tidleg 1800-talet. Krig mellom England/Spania og Frankrike. God underhaldning.
August 13, 2008
Excellent historical adventure.
May 25, 2008
As always is Bean and O'Malley terrific! Great cast.