She Hate Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She Hate Me Reviews

April 26, 2016
Lee misses again in this drama about whistleblowers that focuses on the controversy and becomes preachy.
December 8, 2015
This is easily one of the worst films ever. The acting is implausible, the plots ridiculous. The main actor looks and behaves more like an intern and part time hoodlum. There is no way he could be Vice President of anything, let alone a big company. He is just not bright enough. He doesn't even look bright. His eyes don't have that intelligent look. For example, he seems surprised that his bank account has been frozen, considering the circumstances of his firing. One would expect an ex Vice President of a big company to have suspected this after one or maybe two attempts to withdraw money. Certainly by the time he enters the bank to speak to the manager, this thought should have, by then, crossed his mind. But alas it doesn't seem to have done. The little doctor's suicide is cliched and disappointing as a plot line. Usually a death, especially a suicide in a film, is part of an interesting twist or cliff hanger in the plot. Something that enhances the film, but this suicide does nothing but produce even more confusion.The setting is all wrong, the characters, plot lines are all absurd. Even though Q Tip only appears sparingly, he does his little bit poorly indeed. That whole lesbian situation feels more like a fantasy. This is atrocious beyond words and I actually like Spike.
½ October 12, 2015
She Hate Me fait partie des films les plus expérimentaux de Spike Lee. Sorte de Bamboozled plus comique et moins en colère, She Hate Me passe par plein de genres, plein de styles sans jamais trouver réellement son identité (probablement son plus gros défaut) entre comédie, thriller, drame... Anthony Mackie y est excellent dans le rôle d'un type quasiment forcé à se prostituer pour garder son train de vie de yuppie, tandis que tous les seconds rôles sont bons, que ce soit John Turturro qui imite Marlon Brando, Kerry Washington en mère matrone malgré elle et même Jamel Debbouze en portier français hilarant. Malheureusement, le film manque d'une vraie cible et d'une vraie ligne directive et malgré toutes les bonnes idées de Spike Lee et le score fabuleux de Terence Blanchard, on ne peut que constater que She Hate Me essaie de traiter plus de sujets qu'il ne le peut. Mais un raté de Spike Lee reste immensément plus intéressant que 75% de la production actuelle. Du coup, dur de considérer She Hate Me comme un mauvais film, au contraire.
½ March 7, 2015
Avoid this movie. It doesn't know what it is or where it's going. Great scene, however, with John Turturro reenacting a scene from the Godfather, but nothing else fits or works
½ June 22, 2007
weird, pretty gross idea actually
½ September 19, 2014
Only because Kerry makes a convincing lesbian. This movie was like rotten bananas with black gooey ish oozing out. The scab you know better than to scratch but you just have to, cant come up with any other reason why I watched it... And the bs "Godfather like speech"--- get the f*** outta here
½ September 6, 2014
Dumbest movie I've seen in my life
½ September 2, 2014
Insipid, misogynistic, crap. I had to watch it to the end because I could not believe how terrible this movie truly was. Ultimately, is seems the message is that after all is said and done, lesbians really need a man to make their lives complete Garbage..
½ December 24, 2013
Movie sucked. Spike Lee is either hit or miss with his films.
½ December 31, 2013
Spike Lee returns in great shape with this unconventional film about a man fathering babies for lesbian couples.... just enormous!
December 30, 2013
Hands down one of the Spike Lee films ever released!
½ December 22, 2013
No idea what the usually genius Spike Lee was thinking with this one; but, it's sooooooooooooooooooooo bad! The whole idea of the film is quite funny though and I got a couple chuckles out of it. 2 hours of my life that sadly won't be reimbursed.
October 15, 2013
Really sad that Kerry Washington is in this. I was offended on so many levels.
October 13, 2013
great movie! unexpected outcome. must see
½ May 20, 2013
really good movie very entertaining
March 9, 2013
A political sex comedy that Kerry Washington fans should like. "Sheeeeeeeit." Takes place in an alternate universe where a man can get five women pregnant a night and a cure for AIDS is possible. The message about whistle-blowing and truth trumping profits is poignant. Mackie, Harrelson, Belluci and Turturro are great. Too long and slow.
January 14, 2013
I actually love this movie. Spike Lee was ahead of his time when he produced this movie. I think the story line was great. Sexy and Funny!
½ January 11, 2013
spike lee's greatest movie since He Got Game
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
November 28, 2012
Ewww I hate this movie its so retarded