She Wants Me Reviews

PantaOz
½ August 20, 2012
This latest comedy starring Josh Gad, Kristen Ruhlin and Hilary Duff is written and directed by Rob Margolies. I have to say at the beginning: I expected so much more!

The story of Sam (Josh Gad), who is a writer, and is working on a feature film, somehow was very messy from the start to the end! It was like a work of those untidy school kids who always have stains and smudges on their homework! In this story Sam's girlfriend has been promised the lead role when a well-known starlet, Kim Powers (Hilary Duff) suddenly becomes interested in the part. And Sam decides to change his mind... ok, that is just a part of the story, but you don't need to worry about the complexity of it - it is quite straight forward... actually, too straight forward!

The acting was kind of a neurotic and the situations which are supposed to be tricky were in most cases plain stupid!They promissed hilarious movie... but we got only hi...
May 25, 2012
Somewhat lame, somewhat slow and boring, somewhat funny. It was weird. However, I absolutely loved Sam's grandma! Why couldn't we see more of her?
½ November 14, 2012
Fairly disjointed, often absurd. I kept hoping it could become...something. Just when I would start to think it found its footing, up would pop an over-the-top, out of place scene to knock it off.

I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see this one, but if it ever shows up on cable late at night, and you are bored or suffering with insomnia, go ahead and give it a viewing.
February 24, 2014
A very cliche and down right stupid screenplay filled with shitty acting.
I'm sad to see Hilary Duff in this.
I am mad at myself for watching this.
But I still love Hilary Duff and Josh Gad.
½ January 7, 2013
What's not to like? I enjoyed Josh Gad and the Sam character, and watching Kristen Ruhlin, an actress I don't think I've seen before. Johnny Messner was very unlikable as John (good job there), and I appreciated the dilemma. Altho the plot was somewhat hackneyed it wasn't completely predictable, and it was not a glitzy movie - overall a pleasant watch (although I think it was more of a chick flick). I would've liked to know the outcome of the development of his movie script.....
August 12, 2012
I liked this movie but it had some moments that I was scratching my head over, I thought it was funny and entertaining. Hilary Duff has way more time in the movie than I thought she would, and so does Charlie Sheen, he's got like 3 scenes, which was cool. Kristen Ruhlin honestly and heartbreakingly portrays the confused, free spirited girlfriend who is with a Woody Allen type guy, played by Josh Gad who meets her style with moments that make you forget it's a comedy. I thought the group of friends were pretty hilarious at times, laugh out loud funny. Johnny Messner had an interesting plot addition and added some humor and awkward moments! I like to support indie films and thought it was worth a go.
December 5, 2012
Easily one of the better films I have seen this year. Sam, the main character, is heartfelt and truly loveable. Definitely not just for those who like "chick-flicks." Watch it! You won't be sorry.
½ September 17, 2012
i expected more of it
PantaOz
½ August 20, 2012

½ June 14, 2012
A very messy romantic comedy with an ocassionally very clever and realistic script.The film also has charismatic performances from most of the cast,especially Josh Gad and Aaron Yoo.