Movies Like Sherlock Holmes in Pearl of Death

Sherlock Holmes in Pearl of Death Reviews

bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

June 10, 2011
Another one of Basil Rathbone's Sherlock Holmes film's, and ranks at the top with his other movies. This one about a huge pearl that's curse, a lot of blood has been spilt over this pearl, Film opens with it being stole from a man on a passenger ship, only to end up in the hands of the clever Sherlock Holmes, who returns it to the owners a museum. But is Sherlock really clever as the Pearl is stole when Sherlock disconnects the security alarm system . What does it take to recover it, you will have to watch the film to find out. A 4 star film in Black and White. I want to thank UCLA University for remastering these films.
Anthony V

June 26, 2008
My favorite of the Sherlock Holmes movies.
September 4, 2012
A Sherlock Holmes installment that has the scariest and most disturbing villain in the series - The Creeper. Very well-written plot shows an intriguing and engrossing mystery behind a priceless pearl, which happens to be hidden in a seemingly cheap piece of porcelain. After investigating a bunch of gruesome neck-breaking murders, and a few encounters with a mysterious woman Naomi Drake, Sherlock Homes is finally able to add up all the pieces together and is on his way for an appointment with death, in the frightful persona of the aforementioned The Creeper. Well worth a watch.
March 24, 2012
a super entry in the roy william neill holmes films.hats off also to rondo hatton, great.also dennis hoey,lestrade,who when in a holmes film,for me,always brings it up a notch.
T.S.M.
November 20, 2010
Stock-standard Rathbone/Bruce entry, but still quite a bit of fun. The "creeper" element seems to come in out of nowhere - although it ties into the main plot eventually, the introduction is clumsy. Dennis Hoey continues to be hilarious as Lestrade - his reaction to Watson hiding the eponymous pearl in his mouth a [i]second[/i] time is priceless.