70% The Equalizer Sep 26

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

She's Out of My League Reviews

Everett J

August 14, 2011
One of my favorite comedies of the last few years, "She's out of My League" is also one of the most underrated. Great one liners, great characters, and an oddly believable relationship between Kirk(Jay Baruchel) and Molly(Alice Eve) make for a fantastic comedy. This is one of those movies I can watch over and over. My favorite character is "Stainer." He is basically a cooler version of Napolean Dynamite(at least he looks like him). I mean, he fronts a Hall and Oates cover band, how awesome is that? The formula for this movie is pretty generic, but the execution is awesome and hilarious. It evens ends with one of those cheesy airport chases to find each other, and it's pretty awesome. If you like Judd Apatow comedies like "40 year old Virgin" or "Knocked Up", then this is right up your alley. If you haven't seen it, check it out. If you already have, then watch it again, it gets funnier every time.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
Funny at times and was better than I expected. Even if the ending was predictable it was hilarious and watchable. A must see!
deano
deano

March 10, 2010
I found out this movie is funny and outrageous with a bit of romance as I like the characters.
Jay Baruchel's performance as the quirky geek was right on target, and Alice Eve's portrayal of Molly made her very likable, she's very attractive and sexy. Both actors characterization of the low self-image problem was very believable. Elsewhere in the cast you'll find the previously unknown T.J. Miller as Kirk's best mate Stainer who delivers a handful of memorable one-liners and plenty of laugh-out-loud moments.
As is the modern fashion there is a fair amount of bad language, and some concentration on bodily functions (one of which gives rise to one of the funniest sequences in the film). But these are nice people and it's quite a sweet story, and the ruderies fit quite well, so I didn't mind that much.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 13, 2011
A funny movie, and interesting situation, but if only the rest of the movie had more potential.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

April 12, 2011
Surprisingly entertaining (especially for a rom-com with so many no-name actors). A lot of the dialogue is very relatable, and often sound like the kind of conversations I have with my own best buddies. In that sense, there was much to enjoy, and I had a good time watching it. Especially as it reminded me of some of my own dating experiences. A fun comedy all in all, that places itself a notch above the average for the genre.
Shawn E

March 14, 2011
A simple romantic comedy with a few good laughs that comes off as average.
Michael S

March 11, 2010
Way better than I was expecting. Sweet and funny with an extremely likable cast. Not much here I didn't like except for maybe the standard rom-com "airport chase." But the characters in this film actually work at the said airport, so that's definately a fresh and welcome twist!
Dean !

June 1, 2010
A decent quite funny and entertaining rom-com. It's not too rude, raunchy and thankfully not that cheesy either. I wasn't expecting much, and while not being laugh out loud from start to finish it's funny enough to keep you interested to the end. The characters make this film and raise it well above most rom-coms.
Nicki M

March 10, 2010
Really enjoyed this. Had heard some pretty average reviews on it, but always thought it seemed like it would be quite funny, so went ahead and bought it anyhow.
Story is pretty much dorky guy Kirk, (Jay Barachel), somehow scores hot chick Molly. (Alice Eve) and then shows how his family and friends can't believe his luck, so ultimately nor can he and blows it. No real surprises on how it ends and it is romantic, but has enough gross out humour and guy stuff that you can probably sit your other half through it without too many grizzles.
There is a really good cast in this too. Alice Eve is lovely and reminded me of a younger Reese Witherspooon. Debra Jo Rupp as Kirk's mum, (although she is underused here - she is so funny it would have been nice to see more of her), Lindsay Sloane as his ex, Marnie - amazing how such a pretty girl looked so skanky all through this! His friends played by Mike Vogel, T J Miller and Nate Torrence all work really well too, plus Krysten Ritter as Molly's bitchy best friend.
Definitely one of the better films in this genre.
familiar s

January 19, 2011
This typical rom-com wasn?t as bad as I was expecting. Fairly watchable.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

December 14, 2010
2 stars
Dan S

November 24, 2010
An overall disappointing comedy concerning a shy, socially inept airport security guy (Jay Baruchel) who can not believe that a simply stunning babe (Alice Eve) has fallen for him. While it gets points for originality and it possesses a sort of charm at its beginning, the movie falls flat on its face during the last 1/3. For the most part its an average romantic-comedy with laughs here and there, but there are definitely funnier movies out there. There's no question that Baruchel and Eve have chemistry and both of their performances are quite good, its just the airport sequences at the films conclusion is over-the-top nonsense, plus the movie annoying inserts the cliche "my family is so awkward!" dinner scene about halfway through. It is funny here and there but not enough to make it worthwhile, and the ending is especially painful to watch.
SilentWarProductions2009
September 22, 2010
Although it still remains bogged down by its raging cliches and unfortunately nestles in them in the later half, Shes Out of My League was surprisingly worthy. Not as vulgar as I had heard, which many said were its flaws, it manages to not succumb to the horrible pointlessness of sex comedies and works with its own charm and laughs of both its characters and performances. Not a classic comedy, but definitely worthy of a watch. This is how they should at least be.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 15, 2010
Goofy but sweet and endearing comedy with two winning lead performers. The group of friends that surround the male lead are also an enjoyable bunch but where the film missteps is in making his family such a group of completely repellent characters. That and a few vulgar sight gags detract somewhat from the charm of the picture but not enough to ruin it overall.
movieguru12
movieguru12

March 10, 2010
An average guy who is considered a 5 dates a girl who is a 10 after he finds her phone that she left before getting on to a plane. He has to complete with Cam, Molly's ex. But she tells him that she broke up with him because he cheated on her & because he was weird about her having webbed feet. They end things until Kirk is going on a plane trip with his ex, Marnie & his family. They stop the plane & Kirk & Molly end up back together again. This was a really cute movie. There was some sexual material & a lot of swearing but it was really good. It's one of those movies that really stands out with comedy & pure romance. I definitely recommend this movie! :)
KJ P

August 19, 2010
She's Out Of My League is crude, rude, hilarious, and a solid 8, as it would be rated based on a line from the film. Jay Baruchel plays a great droky kid trying to find a girl who is way out of his leage, but she wants to be safe and fall for him just for fun. The plot unfolds and I have to say that I really enjoyed this film. It's charming, funny, and a big ball of laughing fun! Great!
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

February 1, 2010
One of the funniest and original comedy of the year! 'She's Out Of My League' was an ordinary comedy with a little bit ordinary story tells about a beautiful and perfect girl that falls for an ordinary and not handsome boy... Jay Baruchel did a really good job in this movie for playing an ordinary Kirk Ketner that been chased by the perfect Molly who was played pretty good by Alice Eve... The other cast did a pretty good job, even most of them saying the word f*ck so easily... Overall, it's a funny ordinary comedy that would be disappointed to be watched, especially because I see a great talent in Jay Baruchel... Who knows in 5-10 years later he could be the next A-list comedian like Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, or Jim Carrey...
Spencer S

July 17, 2010
Funny enough, and the point was definitely made, but overall it's not the best Jay Baruchel has ever done.
boxman
boxman

August 1, 2010
This is a fairly lackluster, flaccid, infantile comedy that aims to follow the same Judd Apatow formula of equal parts heart and raunch. Where this movie utterly fails is its choice of lead. Jay Baruchel (Tropic Thunder) is not a good leading man (his voice is very nasally and hard to listen to at times), but worse, his character, Kirk, is a callow, simpering, snot-nosed dolt. He has a dearth of a personality; he?s constantly berating himself or groveling for support by his oblivious family and mean ex-girlfriend. You simply don?t care. Kirk is not a guy worth watching. There?s empathy and then there?s pity. The movie wants to be a ?nice guy gets the girl? story, but instead She?s Out of My League is a ?guy with zero self-esteem and charisma gets the magazine cover model? story. At least in Apatow productions, the schluby leads had personalities and redeeming qualities. I started enjoying the respites away from Kirk, time spent with his callous family members or his annoyingly juvenile friends. Anything to escape. The jokes have a pretty low ratio of hits to misses (an early ejaculation actually almost becomes an act break that keeps the couple apart), becoming subservient to a clichéd romantic comedy that wants to teach us that looks don?t matter. It?s what?s on the inside that counts. Have you heard that one before? this week? If what?s on the inside is what matters, then She?s Out of My League has little to offer.

Nate's Grade: C
Jose Z

May 15, 2010
She's out my league tells the story of An average Joe meets the perfect woman, but his lack of confidence and the influence of his friends and family begin to pick away at the relationship. It has a lot of influence from Judd Apatow's movies, following the same formula of the loser guy or a 5 having a crush for a perfect 10. The story is good but a little predictable, the plot is well developed. It has some funny jokes and situations but also some corny ones. It has a decent cast mainly formed by new faces but with decent performances.. In conclusion, She's out of your league is a movie which only purpose is to entertain, it isn't something great but it is pretty recommendable to watch it on a weekend with nothing to do in good company of friends, family or someone special