67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Shogun's Shadow Reviews

Venieza
May 19, 2012
OK movie but it is boring to watch especially with the serious yelling big difference from chinese movies
May 19, 2012
Sonny Chiba and Ken Ogata have an epic swordfight at the end. I'm also fairly certain that several horses are killed(for reals) on screen. Of course all of this is set to a fantastic cock rock score.

My dick's still sore from this one.
KevinRobbins
May 19, 2012
Suffer! Suffer more before you go to hell!

A Shogun's heir is under training by a local clan. His older brother sends a group of assassins to slay the clan and heir so he will be next in line to replace their father. The assassins are successful in destroying the clan but the brother escapes under the protection of a few brave men. Can the brave men protect the heir to the throne on a voyage to the Shogun's palace or will the assassins successfully execute their mission?

"I want to challenge you to a duel."
"I accept, with pleasure."

Yasuo Furuhata, director of Kura, The Haunted Samurai, Railroad Man, Yasha, and Winter's Flower, delivers Shogun's Shadow. The storyline for this picture is interesting and well delivered albeit common for the samurai genre. The action scenes are wonderfully delivered and the cast delivers stunning performances. The cast includes Sonny Chiba, Ken Ogata, Toshihiro Asari, and Norihito Arai.

"Did he vomit blood again?"

Shogun's Shadow was one of two DVDs that came free with the Shadow Warrior's Television series box set. This movie was entertaining and another well delivered Chiba samurai genre picture; however, it was far from one of his better works. The soundtrack was strange and didn't match the content and the character that acted like a monkey was a little weird. Overall, this is worth viewing for fans of samurai pictures or Sonny Chiba.

"We win if I survive?"